Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ztemhead

"I don't carry cash"

205 posts in this topic

this thread is like a who's who of who to mug when they visit DC

my name is really bag o bones

What say you? Do you carry cash still? Use a card for everything? Live in Japan and pay for all your stuff using your Iphone?

I never ever carry cash anymore. I live in a fairly large town in Sweden where you can use your visa in any store. I don't drive either, so I don't need coins for parking. I can't even recall anything I would actually need cash for, you have your bus card for the bus (which you refill/buy with your credit card), taxis take all sorts of plastic and so do clubs and pubs. Maybe if I went to the countryside and had to stop by a little store by a farm and buy some eggs or something, but that doesn't exactly happen often.

My father is very old-fashioned, he never pays with plastic. When he gets his salary, he takes out a good chunk of it and keeps it in his wallet. Just thinking about it makes me worried he's gonna lose his wallet or something :stunned: Luckily I have taught them how to pay their bills online, so they don't have to sit and count everything up manually anymore.

Seriously. I used to cashier, and swiping a credit card was just as fast or faster for me as the average cash transaction, and much faster than when I'd get the asshole who spends a minute trying to find perfect change in their wallet as if its somehow helpful (or the idiot who pays a $1.29 total with a $100 bill as my second customer of the morning and makes me slow down the line for everyone else two customers later when I'm wiped out of small bills).

People don't pay with exact change to be helpful, they pay with exact change to get rid of coins and not get any new ones.

The idea that we, the customer, should do what is most convenient for you, the cashier, is ludicrous.

Like shryke said, we do it for our own benefit, and not yours.

The idea that we, the customer, should do what is most convenient for you, the cashier, is ludicrous.

Like shryke said, we do it for our own benefit, and not yours.

You'd be surprised at the number of small old ladies who seem to think it actually is helpful for them to stand there and sort through their change for over a minute looking for that last coin. Though I can hardly complain, because when I was seven I bought a gameboy game entirely in quarters, for which I probably earned a lifetime of cashier-related punishment.

Though, yeah, I didn't expect people to pay based on what makes it easiest for the cashier. I was just pointing out to the people talking about donuts that cash is in no way, at least in my opinion, any better than credit in terms of moving the line.