"I don't carry cash"

ztemhead

I want to bite you.

Gold dollars especially are such a beautiful thing. Unlike ugly wads of parchment. I'd say we should abolish paper money entirely - leaving just coins and purely virtual payment.

Who cares if they're ugly or not. Money's meant to facilitate the exchange of goods, and fiddling with coins actually slows things down even when it's only the person giving you change at the register. Those who insist on paying with coins slow things down further. Coins suck.

Can I wear a bear pelt?

Make sure it is real. And wear the bear head on top of your own. This is a guaranteed way to get people to rub on you all day. This could go really really good but could alo go really really bad.

Make sure you grow your beard out and make sure it is really untrimed. You would be a wildling.

Who cares if they're ugly or not. Money's meant to facilitate the exchange of goods, and fiddling with coins actually slows things down even when it's only the person giving you change at the register. Those who insist on paying with coins slow things down further. Coins suck.

So that's why I allowed for the existence of virtual currency, when efficiency is desired so. But if we're using physical objects, might as well use the prettiest ones!

So that's why I allowed for the existence of virtual currency, when efficiency is desired so. But if we're using physical objects, might as well use the prettiest ones!

What about holographically projected money from biochips implanted in our fingertips.

Think how many beautiful options THAT would open up!

I want to bite you.

Gold dollars especially are such a beautiful thing. Unlike ugly wads of parchment. I'd say we should abolish paper money entirely - leaving just coins and purely virtual payment.

Saying "I want to bite you" is an excellent way to convey your good taste and love of beauty.

I'll go out of my way to get cash if I'm traveling, going out in a group, cabbing it anywhere, buying a burrito at my local taqueria(I feel bad using plastic there), or getting weed.

I'm pleased to announce that the dispensary down the street takes plastic, so I no longer need cash to buy my weed. :thumbsup:

It is, isn't it? I haven't actually used a card for any of my purchases (seems kinda stupid), but it delights me to know that I don't have to stop at the Wells Fargo ATM that I walk past en route to the weed store if I don't want to.

It is supposedly illegal for companies in the US to have a minimum purchase for cards - it violates their agreements with the credit card companies - but many of them do it anyway, for two reasons:

1. They can, nobody knows or cares that it's a violation of a contract to do so.

2. If they are going to have to pay a $2 or whatever surcharge to the CC companies, they are damn sure not gonna do it over a $.62 tab.

Actually some people care. At the very small company where I work we spent about a year charging a fee for credit card purchases before someone cared enough to stop us. We do business by phone and e-mail, so cash is not really an option and people pay by check or credit card. It absolutely amazes me how much we pay the credit card companies each year and the fee allowed us to 'reward' people who paid by check. This one gentlemen completed his entire transaction with us paying by check to avoid the charge, but about a month after we were done with his account he called up and complained. He said he was a retired accontant and that things like this made him very upset. About a week later our merchant service company called up and told us we had to stop.

Now we just charge everyone a credit card fee and include it in the price from the start. That guy didn't help anyone, but I'm sure he's very happy with himself.

Personally I try to use cash as much as possible, and always when it's a small business.

G'day ztem, I have a suggestion for you. Start carrying a sharpie around with you and write the amount owed on the no cashmoney offender. Training people can be fun and easy.

I carry cash. Maybe some Canadians live in cashless cities, but not all of us are city folk.

G'day ztem, I have a suggestion for you. Start carrying a sharpie around with you and write the amount owed on the no cashmoney offender. Training people can be fun and easy.

I carry cash. Maybe some Canadians live in cashless cities, but not all of us are city folk.

I can go cashless and live in a smaller town than you. Better infrastructure I guess.

ETA We seem to have a budget just 1 million dollars less than Arnprior's despite having just over half as many people. That might explain it.

An exchange from work on this very night:

DUMBASS: "Take me to 24th and Blake."

YOUR DRIVER: "You have cash, right?"

DA: "No. Why?"

YD: "Because I'm not going to drive you four blocks for plastic, sorry."

DA: "What kind of cab driver are you!?"

YD: "The kind who doesn't like to get screwed. Get out of the cab, please."

What?

Dear God, how wasted and douchey are you to insist on cabbing it four blocks? Fucking Lodo hipsters, man.

Archived