BWB Toronto

Yep, received a response, basically he'll post something when he works it out.

Details of the Toronto visit are still being worked out. When I know more, I will post a schedule on my website.

I don't think so, but I reserve the right to change my mind.

I heard that the tickets to the TIFF event are going fast.

I might to be in Toronto for two or three days in late March/early April. An uncle of mine is planning to visit distant relatives in Canada(Toronto, Vancouver and some place called Regina) and I'm tagging along.

Anyone interested in meeting up for a pint or two(or a cup of something hot, I have not clue how cold it is going to be ;) )?

:)

The exact dates are still up in the air though.

That sucks that all the tickets are gone, at least it looks like i can get my ADWD signed :). I have never gone to a signing before do we bring our own books or do we have to buy a copy there that he will sign? also is there a limit to how many books 1 person can get signed cusi would love to get all 5 books signed.

You don't have to buy the book there for the signing. It's polite to make a purchase while there but not usually mandatory.

Normally there is a 3 book limit depending upon the length of the queue. You would get 3 books signed, then re-queue if you were trying to get more done. I've found it's usually best to bring a friend ;) or see if there's a friend with only 1 book that is willing to get your extras signed. However if there is a really long queue sometimes the number of books is more limited without an option to re-queue.

Also, assume that there will be a fairly large queue. This is the first appearance George has made here since A Feast for Crows was released in 2005.

• 2 weeks later...

National Post Staff, National Post

Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2012

Calling all wannabe Westeros residents: HBO Canada is teaming up with the TIFF Bell Lightbox in Toronto for Game of Thrones: The Exhibition.

The free, 10-day event will occupy the main floor of the downtown theatre from March 9-18 and include costumes, props, weaponry and still photography from the hit television series. At the centre of the exhibit will be a “dragon egg,” crown and, naturally, the iconic throne at the heart of the adult-oriented fantasy series. (A sneak peek at the never-before-seen costume of Season 2 character Melisandre will also be on display.)

The Emmy Award-winning series is based on George R.R. Martin’s wildly popular book series A Song of Ice and Fire, which follows the ongoing struggles for power in the bloody and brutal Westeros kingdom. (Martin himself will visit the Lightbox March 12-13 to discuss his work.)

The swords-and-sex TV series stars Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Lena Headey and Emilia Clarke. Stephen Dillane also joins the cast this season, which premieres on HBO Canada April 1.

For more information on the free, ticketed event, visit [external] tiff.net.

From tiff:

Game of Thrones: The Exhibition will be open daily at TIFF Bell Lightbox from March 9 to 18. It is a free exhibition and will be timed-ticketed. You can reserve tickets in person at our box office or by phone beginning Monday, Feb. 27. Each customer can reserve up to 4 tickets. The age recommendation for this exhibition is 14+.

The hours of operation for the exhibition are as follows:

March 9 to 11: 12pm - 8pm

March 12: 12pm - 10pm

March 13: 10am - 8pm

March 14 to 18: 12pm - 8pm

I just found out about this event :( of course, no tix available for his speaking engagement. But I did contact his assistant Ty. He says that there should be a signing at he TIFF event. So if you're going, can't hurt to take something he can sign right? I would love to make it out to some of the Toronto BwB outings, but I've got kids that that haven't learned to change their own diapers yet. Loafers.......

bgc, there are actually a couple events now.

Recapping:

• GRRM at TIFF: March 12th. (includes signing) sold out. He's doing a reading and having a Q&A.
  • GOT Exhibition (props, costumes, the Iron Throne) March 9-18. Anyone know if tickets still available?
  • GRRM signing of ADWD at the Chapters/Indigo at the Manulife Centre building on Bay St. March 13th, 7PM. ADWD for 45% off if you buy it there.

Anyone going to the TIFF planning on asking GRRM some ASOIAF questions? Maybe we should gather up some of the best board questions to put to him....

Hi everyone!

How early do you think people are going to be arriving for the book signing at Indigo? I imagine there are going to be tons of people and I'm not sure how early I should plan to get there, especially because we might have to wait outside! Good thing the weather is getting better :)

I thought I would post the event details from the Indigo website incase anyone wanted to see them:

Event details:

• Line-up will be first-come, first-served. Due to anticipated attendance, line-up may begin outside of Indigo Manulife Centre - Bay Street entrance ONLY. Please dress appropriately for the weather.

• George R.R. Martin will sign ONE to TWO (1-2) books maximum, depending on the number of people in line.

• No personalizations - author signature only

• No posed photography - can take photographs from the line

• Follow @indigogreenroom on twitter for up-to-the minute information.

Anyone going for a beer one night? Who has tickets - any extra for sale, please please please, please.......(whimper, grovel, whimper grovel - thought I'd throw that in to see if it works!)

And does one have to join the BWB somewhere here? Like, sign up?

Archived