Community - Season 2 [SPOILERS]

Brude

Lots of homages to space films. The opening scene was taken from one of my all time favorite flicks,

Yeah, as soon as I saw the guy running down the hallway, I thought , "oh, Jeff Goldblum, 'The Right Stuff.'" (It's in my top 20 movies of all time, too.)

I think it was mainly "Apollo 13" and "The Right Stuff" that they were riffing on. Oh, and I loved the Kentucky Fried Chicken Winnebago, too (I think it was supposed to be from before it was KFC).

Was the E Pluribus Anus flag something submitted by a fan? I know there was a contest they mentioned last episode in one of the bumpers, but I forgot to look into it. (And last week was the first I heard of that, doubt they would have written and shot and edited all those scenes with the flag that quickly, but who knows.) Maybe the contest is to replace the E Pluribus Anus flag? But why? I love it...and the Principal seems to now, as well.

This week's ep killed me. I lol'ed several times. Alone, in my flat, eating pizza. Just busted out. Troy had several good lines, "This is a long shot...but maybe if I do this, it'll solve everything," "Near the Buttermilk Nebula, although it is possible, yeah, it's a sticker," "Still on your six...then I'm on your twelve..."

Also, I've got a bit of the claustrophobia, so Pierce's antics...not that far off from what I'd do. Hard to swallow that comparison.

Yeah, this is the funniest show on TV right now. 30 Rock has been great this season, How I Met Your Mother has been good, and I like Modern Family a lot (and Cougar Town has actually gotten pretty funny as well - who'da thunk it? The first few episodes of the first season really sucked, but they seem to have completely ditched the whole 'cougar' aspect of the show and now it's just about a bunch of weird characters hanging out and getting drunk a lot) but Community wins for me.

Like this week ... I've never even see The Right Stuff before, but it didn't matter. Even if you miss the pop culture references, the jokes still work. And they're isn't any dead weight either. Every single character is capable of being hilarious - even the minor ones, like Leonard, or Starburns or the Dean, get a laugh from me every single time.

And the epilogues always get me.

"Still on your six."

"No, I changed trajectory."

"Well I'm on your twelve then."

"That means I'm on your six."

"... good."

The thought that it's getting outrated by boderline-racist hack bullshit like Outsourced is dissapointing, but I try look at the positives. It isn't rating so bad that it'll be cancelled anytime soon - we'll get a full second season, at the least. And in ten years time, I have no doubt that Community will be regarded as a classic, while things like Outsourced or Shit My Dad Says will be completely forgotten. So I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts and let the network worry about the other stuff.

Yeah, this is the funniest show on TV right now. 30 Rock has been great this season, How I Met Your Mother has been good,

I would replace "How I Met Your Mother" with "Big Bang Theory," but other than that I agree with this. Community has been pretty amazing as a series so far.

Amazing episode this week.

Troy had several good lines, "This is a long shot...but maybe if I do this, it'll solve everything," "Near the Buttermilk Nebula, although it is possible, yeah, it's a sticker," "Still on your six...then I'm on your twelve..."

The only thing I can ask for from fans of the show is that Troy gets more credit for being absolutely hilarious. Abed's the breakout star of the show for sure. But Troy's like George Costanza, the more you watch, the more you appreciate how he supports the whole thing.

BTW, the soundtrack music was great throughout. Lines like: "C'mon you extra sized bucket of bolts" sound almost epic.

The only thing I can ask for from fans of the show is that Troy gets more credit for being absolutely hilarious. Abed's the breakout star of the show for sure. But Troy's like George Costanza, the more you watch, the more you appreciate how he supports the whole thing.

Troy is my favorite character - Donald Glover has perfect comedic timing. I think he'll be a big star.

Glover is excellent, one of his better pre-community rolls was

. its about 8 minutes long... but every scene with Don is hysterical.

Me and my friends all go around asking each other if they would sell us out... For the big scoop...

:rofl:

The only thing I can ask for from fans of the show is that Troy gets more credit for being absolutely hilarious.

I think Troy's the funniest thing on that show, which is saying a lot. The whole cast is great but he makes me laugh the most.

I'm glad Troy's awesomeness doesn't go unrecognized. Had to rewatch the episode just to see all the line readings he hit out of the park.

Also, I don't know if this is a bad thing or not, but all the KFC product placements kinda worked on me. Made me want to go out and get a bucket of chicken. Like it didn't matter that all the product placements were purposefully ironic, it still forced me to be aware of KFC. I mean KFC must've signed off on the episode, right? It's like it doesn't matter that Community was making fun of KFC, 80s marketing, and product placement in general they're still in the process getting the product out there.

Diabolically clever, that's what that is.

I'm glad Troy's awesomeness doesn't go unrecognized. Had to rewatch the episode just to see all the line readings he hit out of the park.

Also, I don't know if this is a bad thing or not, but all the KFC product placements kinda worked on me. Made me want to go out and get a bucket of chicken. Like it didn't matter that all the product placements were purposefully ironic, it still forced me to be aware of KFC. I mean KFC must've signed off on the episode, right? It's like it doesn't matter that Community was making fun of KFC, 80s marketing, and product placement in general they're still in the process getting the product out there.

Diabolically clever, that's what that is.

Almost positive I saw the disclaimer in the credits "Promotional Consideration Paid For by KFC".

Unfortunately this show is starting to lose me. It is inching ever further towards the line separating Meta jokes from pretentious douchebaggery. Last night's episode was the latter, although it certainly was pleasantly ironic seeing the reaction to Abed's movie from his followers compared to the love this show gets on here and elsewhere. Thankfully the Pierce parts and the hymns of Abed and Shirley's names at least brought some liveliness to the proceedings, otherwise I'd say it was the worst of the series thus far.

Archived