Soccer #23

Renasko

I'd like to see them two up front and Rooney on the left, as our left side has big problems and Rooney's good there.

No, he's really not. Rooney is an average winger. The best form he's had has been when he's been playing directly up top and had the rest of the team built around him.

who on the right then? a healthy valencia? nani? cr7? :P i will test this formation for you on fifa11. i know that is how all the best managers decide who to play.

Fifa? Pfft. FM is where it's at. Make it Nani...

No, he's really not. Rooney is an average winger. The best form he's had has been when he's been playing directly up top and had the rest of the team built around him.

His best form is when he's played just behind a hold-up striker but we don't have one. He tends to drift out left wherever he plays, makes a lot of play from there, and if he's there there isn't so much pressure on his inconsistent goalscoring.

People seem to have decided that he's crap on the left because of that CL final v Barca, but seem to forget that in the buildup he played there for several games and was unstoppable.

Fifa? Pfft. FM is where it's at. Make it Nani...

His best form is when he's played just behind a hold-up striker but we don't have one. He tends to drift out left wherever he plays, makes a lot of play from there, and if he's there there isn't so much pressure on his inconsistent goalscoring.

People seem to have decided that he's crap on the left because of that CL final v Barca, but seem to forget that in the buildup he played there for several games and was unstoppable.

fm is a great game, but i prefer the mindless and simple aspects of the fifa franchise. they give me an ability to just have some easy footy excitement at my leisure.

rooney, on the left does not score enough goals. if your ideal lineup is chicharito and macheda in the striker roles you can likely just sell rooney and get a whole lot better for a left winger than rooney. i do like the holding power and creativity of park. seeing him in a more central midfield role could be very exciting.

rooney, on the left does not score enough goals.

Rooney's never going to be a regularly clinical goalscorer. We were just lucky last year that he kept it up for so long. He's a much better playmaker than he is a finisher, which is why I'd like to see that pressure to score put on someone else.

I don't think there are many if any players better than Rooney at his best on the left. Probably his most regularly useful pass is the left-to-right crossfield when he picks it up near the halfway line, and it's be even more useful when there are all the forwards there rather than one less with him playing that pass.

Archived