Belfast Moot 2

This forum could be such a terrifying experience to so many of the actors, I have a strong feeling. But they seem to be made of stern stuff, or will be when its all over anyway. ;)

Ran's currently flying from London to Gothenburg, landing in about an hour.

Ouch, my head’s still groggy!

Great to meet everyone I did last night, as a BWB newcomer I was a little apprehensive turning up and how it would all go, but those fears were very quickly allayed as the book discussions, shoot experiences and opinions (and my ramblings) started... and apologies to those that I didn’t meet, but then that’s what next year is for!

As has been mentioned by others, it’s great to put faces to names (and names to avatars, where I can remember them) to folk here and over at WIC and I definitely look forward to next year and the years ahead.

Loved hearing the stories and experiences from the extra’s there, my efforts and hopes of getting a call were waning recently, but last night has given me a renewed hope – my beard will continue unabated!

The raffle was great with the prizes seemingly going on forever and all ably presented by George and the cast (I actually won something for the first time ever, ticket 443 shall never be forgotten!) and the singing at the end was a great bonus – “The Last of the Giants”

My brother and I got talking to Luke McEwan towards the end of the night, a really cool guy (despite mistakenly being taken for Grenn instead of Rast – sorry Luke!!!) ...and just another story of how open, approachable and down to earth the cast were and are. I know I’m repeating what others have said but it really was just a “GoT collective” and not a “them & us” event.

I must say apologies to Gethin Anthony who is cast as Renly... with him standing talking to Mark Addy & Finn Jones, I think a couple of us were too starstruck too figure out he was, we knew he was a someone but just not who, but when one of the guys (I think it was Crotalidian) got speaking to Ser Loras a little later and found out, there was a tangible ripple of excitement when we realised we had another member of the Royal House Baratheon in the room!!! My brother Conor got talking to him after we found out and can confirm that he’s a great bloke and really looking forward to (the probable) Season 2 where he will really come into his own – Gethin won’t be mistaken in the future!

So much more happened that is worth talking about, but I don’t have the skill to do it justice with words...

Martin – cheers for bringing your camera, the photos should be great

GiantofLannister – resist any advances for “clean shaven” guards!

Crotalidian – the “Bayonne Bomber”, did you make it to the Linen Hall Hostel?

SilverJaime – more photos & set reports please...

Qthulu, Knight of Teabags, lordMountainGoat, Ran, Paddy, Rimshot and anyone else I got a few words with – cheers!

A huge thank you to Phil for the overall organisation, to SilverJaime & Rimshot for the venue and of course GRRM and the cast & crew for giving us fans a common purpose & interest so events like this have a reason to happen.

Still on a buzz after it, wow

I am at Belfast City Airport for my flight back to Stansted and yes it is raining here again.

Thanks to Rimshot I have video of the raffle draw with winners picked by the cast of the show and also the raw and passionate folk singing of Lilsisorcha and Ser Mel T as they each sung songs composed for this occasion. Lilsisorcha's song was composed entirely of lines from A Song of Ice and Fire which I suspect a lot of people did not even realise. Will need to edit the video a little before uploading because it is too long, but then I still have video from Octocon to sort out too.

Full reports on both are coming. My favourite moment of the moot was telling the actor playing Lancel about the sex scene thread and the "fuck like dogs" posts. He was quite embarrassed actually but he asked how to find the thread so he can read it himself.

Trying to compile a list of some of the names for linking with the photos I took last night.

What were the names of the 2 singers at the end of the night ? I couldn't catch their names while I was taking the photos.

Also Qthulu - Alfie / Alfred ?

Giant of Lannister = ?

Knight of the Teabags = Andrew ?

Got SilverJaime, Jackie, Sam, DrNick, Joe, Paul, Conner, Ciaran....

I'm sure I've missed loads though.

Martin

Ezeqial, morning - how's the head ?

not quite sure how, but from a quick run through, your brother managed to crop up in quite a few photos :)

best bet is probaly for me to post photos - and then get names etc. added as we go, otherwise there is a strong chance of me mismatching names.

Really hope the banners turn up too.

Thanks again to all involved in setting up the moot - cheers.

Martin

This forum could be such a terrifying experience to so many of the actors, I have a strong feeling. But they seem to be made of stern stuff, or will be when its all over anyway. ;)

Ran's currently flying from London to Gothenburg, landing in about an hour.

What a trooper! It was brilliant that he could make it - but what a journey.....hope he gets home without too much hassle!

What were the names of the 2 singers at the end of the night ? I couldn't catch their names while I was taking the photos.

Board names would be Lilsisorcha and Ser Mel T in order of appearance/awesome singing.

What a trooper!

Bah. He got a tour of the sets. He was richly rewarded. :P

The King o' the Board just called, landed safe and sound in Gothenburg. Hope he doesn't expect an Iron Throne to sit on when he gets home too.

I, on the other hand, am expecting all the dirt on everyone to be reported to me soon. And somehow I will have to make it to the next one.

Board names would be Lilsisorcha and Ser Mel T in order of appearance/awesome singing.

Bah. He got a tour of the sets. He was richly rewarded. :P

Oooohh - Jealousy! Yes - we were all green with envy as he walked about with Westeros mud on his boots! ...but he's still a trooper..

And here's a shout out to any castmembers viewing the board - eg Finn or anyone - lovely meeting you guys. Have a great time with what's left and hope we have another season next year!

Well dudes, good night had by all, feeling a little rough for wear and i think my grey suit has beer on it :(

that will teach me for going to a Moot straight after work!!

great to meet everyone last night and certainly with the ammount of cast present and mixing with everyone it made a very enjoyable night.

stand outs for me was chatting to Jory, Renly and Pyp - real down to earth actors and good craic to boot!

was good to hear that so many of them are enjoying their time in belfast and looking forward to a second series ;) bring it on!

I'm still jealous that Ran got to sit on the Iron Throne.

There's no one more deserving of such a treat. And, short of giving him the damn thing, I can hardly imagine a more appropriate reward for everything that Ran has done for the series and all of us over the years. :thumbsup:

But, yeah, jealous!

I'm still jealous that Ran got to sit on the Iron Throne.

No kidding! He should change his title to "Sitter of the Iron Throne". I have to be satisfied with the Porcelin Throne. ;)

Glad everyone had a good time. And I hope whoever swiped the banners has the decency to return them. Dudebastard, if you're reading this, just return them anonymously to the bar or something and have them contact Parris.

I hope this doesn't put a future moot in jeopardy...

I'm loving all the reports! Sounds like a great time!

Really sorry to hear about the banners :(

A very cool monent was, while SilverJaime and I were talking with GOT Joe, GRRM came over and introduced himself to Joe and also introduced a lady called (I think) 'Moya' (I could have that wrong) who was a very important person from HBO. They then talked to Joe about how they had all watched and were impressed with his videos. It was great to be there at the moment when Joe may have finally began his journey to the seven kingdoms.

That is awesome! I hope you get a scene Joe.

All of the cast members have seen Joe's audition videos. After the moot we were waiting outside a hotel for Ser Mel T to retrieve her car keys from Parris's room when Kit Harrington, Finn Jones and Gethin Anthony came out the doors on their way to get some food and we ended up in the same pizza place, but Kit congratulated Joe on a great performance and Finn said he was looking forward to seeing more.

Archived