Belfast Moot 2

Anyone around the Friday and/or Sat and want to do something?

I'm in Belfast until late Sat afternoon. Currently looking into the open bus tour etc and contemplating hiring a car and heading out to Castle Ward but not sure I'm brave enough, I'm not really a city driver. ;)

Jackie.

My flight home is at 7:30pm, so I'll be free until about 5:30pm.......so yeah, I'll be looking for stuff to do as well.

Alright James you're in.

But that is going to be it, the last one, you just got in under the wire. Sorry to anyone who had not posted yet and was still trying to arrange to be there but we have hit the limit on how many people we can fit into our venue therefore the

GUESTLIST IS NOW CLOSED

Sorry but I hope you understand. To all those lucky enough to be going lets make it a great night for everyone to remember. Thanks.

Ah damn, I found the link to this thread too late. If there's any chance you could squeeze one more in, or if someone drops out please let me know as I'd love to go and I'm prepared to bribe the relevant parties with beer if necessary. :)

I am really sorry Nick but if I say yes to you now we will have another dozen people asking for just one more. I really hate to disappoint anyone and I know you signed up to this board just a few minutes before I made that announcement, gah I feel like such an asshole saying no but I'm going to have to stick to my guns and sorry but I am completely unbribeable.

I tell you what, if someone does drop out I will let you know, hopefully you live in Belfast or can get there on really short notice, but I'm not making that offer to anyone else.

I am really sorry Nick but if I say yes to you now we will have another dozen people asking for just one more. I really hate to disappoint anyone and I know you signed up to this board just a few minutes before I made that announcement, gah I feel like such an asshole saying no but I'm going to have to stick to my guns and sorry but I am completely unbribeable.

I tell you what, if someone does drop out I will let you know, hopefully you live in Belfast or can get there on really short notice, but I'm not making that offer to anyone else.

No problem mate, that's the way it goes sometimes. It's just a reminder to make sure to check WiC and here a bit more often. Btw I'm living in Belfast and can be wherever at the drop of a hat so if there is a spot feel free to let me know.

That will make sitting in the venue looking out at it with a pint all the sweeter! Nothing like a bit of bad weather to make you stay for "just 1 more drink"... :)

It may also hasten The Big Man's arrival - after all traipsing around sets in the wet 'n wind can't be as much fun as putting your feet up by a roaring fire supping your favourite tipple.

Martin

Today's report that GRRM is on set at the Paint Hall makes me want to reiterate how much I hate all 70 of you so very much.

It also makes me wish I'd actually gone up to Belfast when in Ireland last week and stalked the Paint Hall myself. Ah well, there's always 2014. I hope that all of you who attend will talk up WorldCon in Reno to the cast and crew!

OK folks I have another announcement about the Moot on Thursday.

I have been in two minds about whether to announce this before getting confirmation from the HBO marketing team that this was definitely happening but they have not replied to my email. But under advisement from Parris it really is only fair to tell you that HBO might be sending a film crew down to the Moot to check out what's going on. Any footage they take could be used in marketing or media materials, potentially in a DVD Extra or something like that.

Methinks Luga will not be so jealous of us now ;)

It is possible that HBO may interview some fans, they may ask us to sign release forms or they might just be assuming that anyone there is happy to be filmed. This is what I was hoping to get confirmation about before letting you know. So if anyone is concerned about their privacy and is not willing to be filmed please take necessary action if/when the film crew arrive. I am not going to advise you to just stay away because as I say I can't be 100% certain they will show up, but George knew about the plan two weeks ago at Octocon where I first heard about this, so there is a pretty good chance.

If anyone is concerned please let me know and I will try to alert you if/when they arrive if I can, and if anybody decides not to risk it and not attend, which would be perfectly understandable, then please also let me know. Thank you.

Also, I know it is short notice, and I would not normally say this about a BWB meet up, but if anyone was thinking about coming along in costume, dressed as your favourite character, I am told this will go down well with HBO and pretty much guarantees you get on camera. But if you do make sure it is good please, just wrapping tin foil round your head would be a really bad idea. I also advise our Extras who are coming along to not steal their costumes off the set and wear them, that's unlikely to go down well :uhoh:

OK folks I have another announcement about the Moot on Thursday.

I have been in two minds about whether to announce this before getting confirmation from the HBO marketing team that this was definitely happening but they have not replied to my email. But under advisement from Parris it really is only fair to tell you that HBO might be sending a film crew down to the Moot to check out what's going on. Any footage they take could be used in marketing or media materials, potentially in a DVD Extra or something like that.

Methinks Luga will not be so jealous of us now ;)

It is possible that HBO may interview some fans, they may ask us to sign release forms or they might just be assuming that anyone there is happy to be filmed. This is what I was hoping to get confirmation about before letting you know. So if anyone is concerned about their privacy and is not willing to be filmed please take necessary action if/when the film crew arrive. I am not going to advise you to just stay away because as I say I can't be 100% certain they will show up, but George knew about the plan two weeks ago at Octocon where I first heard about this, so there is a pretty good chance.

If anyone is concerned please let me know and I will try to alert you if/when they arrive if I can, and if anybody decides not to risk it and not attend, which would be perfectly understandable, then please also let me know. Thank you.

Also, I know it is short notice, and I would not normally say this about a BWB meet up, but if anyone was thinking about coming along in costume, dressed as your favourite character, I am told this will go down well with HBO and pretty much guarantees you get on camera. But if you do make sure it is good please, just wrapping tin foil round your head would be a really bad idea. I also advise our Extras who are coming along to not steal their costumes off the set and wear them, that's unlikely to go down well :uhoh:

Oh.My.God.

haha - cool!

no costume alas, and I doubt replica swords are allowed in a confined space with 70-odd bodies, so I'll leave that hanging on the wall...

will just have to hope the face-fuzz and mullet is a good enough look :stunned:

Im here in Belfast already, but my phone won't connect to any network.. have emailed customer service.. much good it may do me.. Anyway contact me online or see my friends no. on my lj post visible to my BWB friends there. Parris and Jo will have a number I can be contacted through.

Looking forward to lots of :grouphug: -ing. :D

A rather serious accident involving family members of mine makes it impossible for me to come. This really pisses me off, but, well, I can't change it - and even if I could, I'd not be in a particular 'funny' mood. Either way, you there hopefully have much fun. And I promise that I will be there next time.

To anyone thinking of wearing a costume, for your own safety and comfort be advised that the particular venue chosen, and it's surrounding area, will give anyone in renfair/medieval dress a "warm" "traditional" welcome.

I'd advise getting changed at the scene - it's too early to even attempt a pretence of a Hallowe'en party, sadly.

Archived