Belfast Moot 2

Blogged this so that folks in general know, but I'll just add that I'm back on. It's a long story involving serial procastination and general tomfoolery, but alls well as ends better, as a wise man once said. ;)

So, I'm back on. See you folks in Belfast tomorrow! If there's no room at the venue for one more, well, I noticed they've got some traditional Irish band playing at one of their other bars on-site, so you'll find me there. :)

To anyone thinking of wearing a costume, for your own safety and comfort be advised that the particular venue chosen, and it's surrounding area, will give anyone in renfair/medieval dress a "warm" "traditional" welcome.

I'd advise getting changed at the scene - it's too early to even attempt a pretence of a Hallowe'en party, sadly.

Saw number of students out in fancy dress last night around Botanic Avenue - so the Halloween silly season has started - having said that, changing at the venuw would be best option.

Martin

A rather serious accident involving family members of mine makes it impossible for me to come. This really pisses me off, but, well, I can't change it - and even if I could, I'd not be in a particular 'funny' mood. Either way, you there hopefully have much fun. And I promise that I will be there next time.

Sorry to hear that, hope your family are alright.

Blogged this so that folks in general know, but I'll just add that I'm back on. It's a long story involving serial procastination and general tomfoolery, but alls well as ends better, as a wise man once said. ;)

So, I'm back on. See you folks in Belfast tomorrow! If there's no room at the venue for one more, well, I noticed they've got some traditional Irish band playing at one of their other bars on-site, so you'll find me there. :)

There goes that surprise then.

Very cool. Looking at the list, I'm wondering how many extras we're going to have make an appearance. :lol:

I've managed to round up about a dozen extras for this. There will be a mix of Knights, peasants, Tourney Workers, Middle Class and even the Tourney Hornblower!

I had a lovely idea of us all arriving in our GOT costumes. That would be amazing. Impossible. But amazing.

(my costume even had a kick-ass bandanna!)

Hi all, sorry been out of the loop for the last few days for obvious reasons ;) but just wanted to mention that George was on set the last couple of days handing out very cool little cards inviting all cast and crew to the moot. I know of several Eyrie Guards and Noble Ladies very excited about attending!

Hi all, sorry been out of the loop for the last few days for obvious reasons ;) but just wanted to mention that George was on set the last couple of days handing out very cool little cards inviting all cast and crew to the moot. I know of several Eyrie Guards and Noble Ladies very excited about attending!

haha - didn't anyone tell George there was an attendance limit! :)

Who all are going to be at the venue (or very close by!?!?) before 6pm? My brother and I were thinking of going to work early and heading out at around 4pm if there was going to be a few about.

Actually Kristian Nairn has been handing those out on set for two weeks after I gave him the cards at Octocon.

haha - didn't anyone tell George there was an attendance limit! :)

Who all are going to be at the venue (or very close by!?!?) before 6pm? My brother and I were thinking of going to work early and heading out at around 4pm if there was going to be a few about.

The reason for limiting our numbers is to try and make sure there is some room in the venue for the cast and crew who show up, but if everybody working on the show turns up then we might all be getting a little bit cosy with each other in there.

Looks like I will be around earlier in the day now, will probably be in the bar from 3 pm.

Hey everyone.

Rather annoyingly, I have been suffering from the cold/flu/man flu for the past couple of days. I'm feeling a little better today but if I feel like I do now, in the morning, then I don't think I'll be able to make it tomorrow, along with my brother who probably wouldn't attend by himself. But I shall post early in the morning to allow other locals to attend in our stead if I'm still feeling unwell.

Got stocked up on lempsip, beechams and a few hot whiskeys later on to help me feel better, and fingers crossed we will be able to make it. The possibility of meeting some of the cast, crew and the HBO documentary team, along with everyone else, is making me more determined to get better. I wouldn't blame a few of you out there crossing your fingers in the hope that I don't get better though. :D

Hope to be seeing all of you tomorrow.

Well given I trying to avoid paying too much to Ryanair on baggage its a bit limited what I can bring, however I do have a bit of an old halloween costume which I could just about stuff in my hand luggage which would be appropriate...

Saying nothing more... ;)

Or failing that, we go shopping in Belfast. XD

Archived