NFL vol 4

davos

And I LOVE the ref who called the Stealer’s game. LOVE that he could not figure out who recovered the ball… you know after footage CLEARLY showed a Miami player landing on the ball and another coming out of the pile with the ball. But I guess it’s a mystery! Fucking boobs.

Can I call you a boob since you clearly have no idea what the rule is? The ref called it correctly as going by the NFL rules. It looked like the Dolphins player could and would get control of the ball before the mad rush set in but when the scrum happened he didn't quite have it yet. In order for a turnover to happen on a replay on a challenge the possession must be 100% absolutely clear. It wasn't. So it was actually a pretty easy call as the Ref could just stick to the rules.

If you want to whine about Refs blowing a call that ended up losing a game, look at the Buffalo-Baltimore game. There is a rule requiring the refs to blow a play dead when forward progress has been stopped. It was, the refs let the play go on and a fumble in overtime ensued.

Jaime L,

Hehe well I sense a bit of sarcasm there. Regardless Chicago is a great matchup for Hall because of the way he plays. He is very, very good on short routes as he tends to jump them. He gets burned on deeper routes and double moves for that exact same reason. Chicago can't run the deeper routes because of their porous blocking so he could and did have a field day jumping slants and hooks.

If you want to whine about Refs blowing a call that ended up losing a game, look at the Buffalo-Baltimore game. There is a rule requiring the refs to blow a play dead when forward progress has been stopped. It was, the refs let the play go on and a fumble in overtime ensued.

Buffalo was still moving the pile forward. Try again!

As Brett was limping off the field after the interception by Hawk, there was no doubt in my mind what was going through his head.

"Is Rockroi going to think I am exaggerating the injury to my ankle to partially justify my bad throw?"

Thankfully, his crack PR staff was able to contact him on the headset and warn him not to let the trainer examine him too closely.

Actually, that INT wasn't much worse than an incomplete. The ball ended up on the 20 - same as it would have after a 4th down punt from that spot on the field - most likely.

Well, yeah, but I mean you gotta admit, as much as we bitch about this guy, we're gonna miss this shit when he's gone.

Who is the best team in the NFC to this point? Atlanta? I know they're 5-2, but they don't feel too impressive to me.

Good timing. Costas just asked this. And Dungy didn't really have an answer. I'm thinking Washington or New York. Atlanta sure looked meh last week. Really, who knows? Pretty blah.

Good timing. Costas just asked this. And Dungy didn't really have an answer. I'm thinking Washington or New York. Atlanta sure looked meh last week. Really, who knows? Pretty blah.

I'd vote the Giants.

They're the only team in the conference right now who can run, pass and pass rush.

Then again Raheem Morris went on the record earlier today and said the Bucs are "the best team in the NFC" so I could be wrong.

ETA: That Childress press conference was...chilly. Definitely surprising to see him bashing Favre so openly. Shit's hitting the fan there.

I'd vote the Giants.

They're the only team in the conference right now who can run, pass and pass rush.

You would know better than I, but I still think Washington has the better QB.

Then again Raheem Morris went on the record earlier today and said the Bucs are "the best team in the NFC" so I could be wrong.

It's kind of sad that we can't really dismiss this possibility.

ETA: That was my initial reaction too, Trisk. Then I was like wait...

Edit2: I absolutely love Dilfer as an analyst BTW. Love.

You would know better than I, but I still think Washington has the better QB.

I'm with you there. I just think the difference in WRs is large at the moment. Every game this year has featured a quarter or more where the Skins offense disappears as they can't move the ball at all, sometimes cause of Donovan, but mostly cause no-one gets open. Definitely the offense remains a work in progress at this point - just glad they're finding ways to win despite that.

Edit2: I absolutely love Dilfer as an analyst BTW. Love.

Is this an honest sentiment? Am I being Punk'd?

*Looks around for a camera*

Is this an honest sentiment? Am I being Punk'd?

*Looks around for a camera*

Totally serious.

Maybe it's 'cause he's passionate and honest. Maybe it's 'cause he's so gloriously bald. Maybe it's 'cause he's a local Santa Cruz boy. Maybe 'cause he was a 49er QB.

Maybe it's 'cause whiskey. :dunno:

I want to like Washington's team. I've always liked McNabb, and I have always respected Moss. Toss in Landry who I think is quickly becoming one of the best defensive players in the game (seriously, has everyone watched this guy? Straight football player). I want to like Washingon, but I feel like they're somewhat lucky to be where they are.

Yeah, y'know there's definitely been some bounces that have gone their way, especially in terms of fumble luck, but other times they've created their own luck. Like getting that game winning holding call on Alex Barron, like the goal line stand against the Packers, like Hall coming up with a big play whenever the Bears drove deep into Redskin territory. For the most part it's just been a very well coached team that generally seems to make one less mistake than its opponent. As a result they've beaten 3 four win teams. Hopefully they can keep it up. At least the defense really seems to be coming around which makes sense as that's where all the talent is.

Totally serious.

Maybe it's 'cause he's passionate and honest. Maybe it's 'cause he's so gloriously bald. Maybe it's 'cause he's a local Santa Cruz boy. Maybe 'cause he was a 49er QB.

Maybe it's 'cause whiskey. :dunno:

Y'know what, I'll say this: I enjoyed Dilfer's rant about Childress throwing Favre under the bus. Felt like, for the first time, he brought an interesting perspective as a former NFL QB and wasn't just smug for smug sake or feigning outrage over something I'm sure he couldn't give two shits about.

Archived