The Thread for the NBA

add-on

I didn't watch all the Heat/Celtics game last night, just mostly that of the first half. And considering how badly the Heat were performing on offense in the game I thought they did fairly well, especially playing in arguably the toughest building in the league. They're obviously going to be a beast out on the run with their tempo and finishers, but their issue is going to be half court offense. And I think it will come down to figuring out what to do with Bosh, since he's not a great off the ball player and he's not going to have the ball much with Wade and James around.

9 TOs for Nash and the Suns couldn't rebound, yikes

Houston looked good, Yao makes the defense so much better, Pau was a monster when Yao went out. K-Mart and Brooks are going to tear it up this season.

That Yao dap is awesome beyond belief.

Yao looked good for his first real game, but he was running on fumes for a large chunk of his minutes. Excited to watch him once he gets into game shape and gets his rhythm/timing down. He's still a step or two slow, but it will come with time. AB and Kmart have got to be the most efficient back court in the NBA right now.

The Bulls are getting hosed with some of these calls in the first half. Hosed, I tell you.

Also, Derrick Rose has been the best player in this game. He's certainly not better than Durant, but he has been in this game.

Also, Brian Scalabrine has been getting way too much playing time. This has to end.

Yao looked good for his first real game, but he was running on fumes for a large chunk of his minutes. Excited to watch him once he gets into game shape and gets his rhythm/timing down. He's still a step or two slow, but it will come with time. AB and Kmart have got to be the most efficient back court in the NBA right now.

No offense, but you guys have to find a new nickname for Martin. KMart is a mercurial, tattooed psycho 4/5. Kevin Martin... isn't.

Griffin looked amazing for what was his first NBA game. Total stud. I hope he avoids any further ClipperCurses.

I enjoyed watching the Heat lose to the Celtics on opening night, but watching the Thunder ball last night was sublime. What a squad. So jealous.

I didn't want Amare on the Knicks (altho what i was super afraid of was an Amare Joe Johnson combo signing that would put us over the cap for the next 6 years) but anyone saying that the Suns are BETTER without Amare is delusional.

Griffin looked amazing for what was his first NBA game. What a stud.

I enjoyed watching the Heat lose to the Celtics on opening night, but watching the Thunder ball last night was sublime. What a squad. So jealous.

I didn't want Amare on the Knicks (altho what i was super afraid of was an Amare Joe Johnson combo signing that would put us over the cap for the next 6 years) but anyone saying that the Suns are BETTER without Amare is delusional.

true enough. Enjoy Amar'e for the 6 to 18 months he's healthy, assuming D'Antoni doesn't run him into the ground even before that.

I dislike Amar'e because he doesn't play like a champion. I never got the sense that he's motivated by any sense of Team or heartfelt desire to win. He played well enough last year to get his max dollars, and that's it. There were plenty of games he just didn't give a shit.

He didn't even play that well. He scores, yes, and an efficient volume scoring big man who draws fouls is worth quite a bit, but when he's such a bad rebounder and a huge hole in the team's defense at what should be one of its strongest points, you aren't going to go far in the playoffs.

You're right about the D. AB and curry are to small and Martin/Ellis probably could if they focused more on it. That was an entertaining game. Ellis was ridiculous. Scola showed he is one of the most underrated PF in the league.

yeah baby, nice little W for the Suns last night. Sorry they had to beat you in the home opener, AE.

I'm liking what I saw from Hakim Warrick. He worked well with Nash on the pick and roll, and he rebounded well too. Of course what won the game was they shot well from 3 pt range, but still, I'll take it.

Ugh

This is something that disturbs me a lot; either KG is guilty of the accusation which is disgusting enough or Villaneuva is guilty of this kind of slander. I know and appreciate trash talking but if true this is fucking disgusting.

Archived