Batman 3 is titled "The Dark Knight Rises"

Xalinor

Also, does anyone know if Batman 3 is the only post-Inception project that Chris Nolan currently has in the queue?

Only one I've heard of is that he'll apparently be co-writing and producing the next Superman film (but Zack Snyder will direct).

Empire have an additional bit of information that he wants the film to be 2D only, not 3D, probably a good idea since I don't see 3D adding all that much to it.

No Riddler, per IGN quoting Chris Nolan.

But the guy who played Eames is definitely in the movie. Not sure what role he'll play though. I could see him as a wicked Deadshot.

ETA: or Hugo Strange

Wolverine would so beat the crap out of Batman. The Dark Knight Rises? Once...but not twice.

No, Wolverine would have his ass handed to him by Batman. He's the fucking Batman for christs sakes. He'd have something to stop Wolverines healing powers and then he'd cut his head off. Movie over in five minutes.

My logic RULES!!!

If they ran into each other without knowing each's abilities, Wolverine would have the advantage but Batman would be smart enough to get away long enough to study Wolverine and devise a plan to beat him. Basically his usual tactic with any adversary that gets the upper hand on first meeting.

I'm kind of tired of the Wolverine love, never much cared for the character really. Anyway, I think aside from the core group of fans that have been around since his debut, Wolverine's popularity is so right now while Batman's is timeless.

You know when I first heard that Johnny Depp was going to play the Mad Hatter I thought they were talking about him being the villian in the next Batman movie, never occured to me they meant in Alice in Wonderland. :ohwell:

I hope that if they do Dr. Strange than they also have Bane and vice versa. I know Bane in the comic books does have some savvy but he is mostly brute force, while Strange is diabolical but doesn't have much in the way of physical acumen. I like seeing Batman fight a foe that forces him to use his intelligence as well as his skills, if they use two different villians to achieve that it would work for me if done well enough.

Couple of thoughts:

1) I don't hate the new title. It clearly defines the arc Nolan set for his protagonist in his saga: Beginning, Fall and Resurrection.

2) They say Batman can defeat anyone given enough time to plan and prepare.

That's just the way he's wriiten in the comics. That said, decapitating Wolverine is impossible unless one uses an Adamantium blade, and Batman really doesn't have the muscle power for a killing stroke that has to cut clean through the hardest metal in existance. So, he's going to have to invent a device to do it for him (and, of course, there is no guarentee that simply separating his head from his body will kill Wolverine. That's just a hypothesis they put in the movies, the comics do not necessarily confirm).

3) Why won't Nolan just tell us the new villain/s?!?! Is he a sadist or something?

Archived