My doubts about the directors.

julandro

I am guessing that you are not quite old enough to have endured a few minutes of

, then?

Oh, I am plenty old enough, and haha I liked that show :(

I was a kid - she was a robot - it was funny!!! My exbf actually nicknamed me Small Wonder because of my seemingly endless ability to compute things and remember ridiculous details.

Although really Punky Brewster>Small Wonder

He was in Trainspotting, which was the big youth film of the 90s (in England). He might have become a much bigger star off the back of it, if only he'd stayed around long enough to be in the poster campaign (he went on holiday right after the film wrapped, and therefore didn't get to be on the posters... but those things were everywhere in '95. Probably the second most copied-in-other-media movie poster behind the Usual Suspects, too). His co-stars who stayed and were on the posters were the then barely known Ewan McGregor, Robert Carlyle, Jonny Lee Miller (who didn't become a huge movie star, but did get to marry Angelina Jolie for a bit), Kelly McDonald and Ewen Bremner (who's next film role was in the Stallone Judge Dredd, of all things).

Ian McNeice was in the remake of Day of the Dead. Because if Running Zombies weren't bad enough, now here's Zombies with Superpowers!

Fuuuuuck, it has been many years since I've seen Trainspotting, but I had no idea that Kevin McKidd was Tommy. I'm so embarrassed, as I LIVE for knowing what actors have been in what. Plus, I love that movie! Count me in as one of the billions that had a Trainspotting poster (and the hots for Ewan McGregor).

Ehle actually would have brought with her a sizable female fan base from the "Pride & Prejudice" mini-series she did and from Possession, both of which have pretty sizable followings (especially P&P, though I think it's largely the same audience for both). P&P was a pretty big deal when it ran on PBS in the States - it's one of the most popular mini-series they ever ran and also really helped propel Colin Firth's career.

Yeah man, absolutely. Girls adore Elizabeth Bennett, she's a big deal. Ehle being only marginally better known than Fairley, that's very much not my experience.

But it's a moot point now, and I don't think it'll cripple the production. I think Ehle's face is more famous than her name, so they'd have to do something like "Pride and Prejudice's Jennifer Ehle" if they wanted to reap all the benefits of the association anyway.

Archived