GRRM at the barnes and noble in MPLS

els

i just went and saw george speak at the minneapolis barnes and noble event tonight. and while i don't have any juicy info for you guys on the series, he did spend a long time chatting about it. he said some great stuff i thought you would enjoy:

1. he's seen scenes of maisie (sp?) with sean bean and he says if she doesn't break your heart as arya then you probably don't have one

2. he said that sophie is so charming as sansa it's going to make it hard for people to hate her as much as they do (big laugh at that one)

3. he said in malta they filmed in (or around?) medieval structures (forts, i think he said) from around the time of the knights templar who lived there and it is very authentic looking to the period.

4. he said (this is my favorite) that he hopes that by this time next year all the 15 year old girls will have taken down their "team jacob" and "team edward" posters and replaced them with "team jon" and "team robb". which everyone thought was really funny.

5. he also said (and you may know this) that game of thrones is the biggest cast ever assembled for an HBO project.

:)

Awesome stuff, thanks els!

George shared a remark with me about Malta when I was in Belfast. When lamenting that they'd lose out on using Ridley Scott's Jerusalem set in Morocco by moving there, he was told, "Well, George, that's true. Ridley made a great set... But he has nothing on the Knights of St. John". Heh

Cool news, can't wait to have my mind changed about Sansa...

In other Barnes and Noble news, I was just at the B&N in NYC at Union Square and guess what I saw? Gold stickers on the Song of Ice and Fire series mass market books stating "Soon to be an HBO Original Series"... Was so geeked up I took a photo on my phone. :P

When did adding the stickers happen?

Archived