Videogames Megathread Infinity+1 Edition

Poobah

I don't know how the voice acting is in english, but in french it's ridiculously awful. I don't remember if it was in the 3rd or 4th, but at one point they gave Sun Jian a french southern accent because Wu is a southern kingdom!

Legends of Troy looks interesting.

I love Youtube:

EDIT to add:

Took me awhile to find this one. Playing Yuan Shao on Cao Cao's force in the Battle of Guan Du and finding Yuan Shao's supply depot

Playing on Insanity? That's pretty frustrating in ME1 as the game doesn't really get more difficult, enemies just get way more hitpoints and damage resistance. It can take ages to kill a simple random mercenary.

It's definitely the difficulty to go with in ME2, though.

Nope, playing on normal. I think the game is just screwing with me.

Anyways, I'm looking for some recomendations for PS3 and/or Xbox 360. My brother and I love the Dynasty Warriors series(don't laugh we play the crap out these) and love to play the 2 player co op in them. Is there any games anyone can think of for either system that are similiar to this series(excluding the other Koei series that are the same)? Something with decent offline 2 player co op in it, so my brother and I can play together.

If you're looking for games that are basically DW rip-offs...

Nine-Nine Nights and Ninety-Nine Nights 2 on 360 - I liked the first one a lot. Haven't played the second one yet beyond the demo. But the first game is single player only. And the second has co-op but I think it's online only.

Segosu Basara: Samurai Heroes on PS3 - I only played the demo so far, but it made a good impression. I know it has co-op, but I'm not sure if it's offline.

Also, Koei recently released Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage for both PS3 and 360 - I don't know much about it, except that it looks like it's similar to a DW game. There is a demo for it to, so it might be worth looking into.

mass effect 2 is one of my fav. games of late. dragon age is also a great game.

Speaking of Mass Effect 2, it just launched on PS3 last week. I was down at a local game retailer and they said they sold out of their first shipment of the PS3 version within 24 hrs. He said he told the regional buyer that they were under-ordering the game so they only had 25 copies in store at launch. It's kinda understandable that they'd under order for a 1-year delayed port of a 360/PC game, because historically year old ports to PS3 have sold fairly low numbers. Looks like the Mass Effect franchise is going to do all right on PS3, which is all to the good for Bioware as they have a much bigger player base for the launch of Mass effect 3. Hopefully paving the way for a very big launch for the game.

Right now I'm wishing I had money to buy tthis and buddies to play it with so we could horribly murder ourselves.

Your better off waiting atm, as the only really stable thing about it is the single player, the multi crashes all the time and theres a bug in the coding that now and then wipes your single player progress.

Thankfully they are patching it alot.

Speaking of Mass Effect 2, it just launched on PS3 last week. I was down at a local game retailer and they said they sold out of their first shipment of the PS3 version within 24 hrs. He said he told the regional buyer that they were under-ordering the game so they only had 25 copies in store at launch. It's kinda understandable that they'd under order for a 1-year delayed port of a 360/PC game, because historically year old ports to PS3 have sold fairly low numbers. Looks like the Mass Effect franchise is going to do all right on PS3, which is all to the good for Bioware as they have a much bigger player base for the launch of Mass effect 3. Hopefully paving the way for a very big launch for the game.

It's a year old, but the PS3 version is more than a cheap port. I might even say it's a remake, but I'm not sure that they did that much work to it. It runs on the new ME3 engine, and it's all been pollished up so that it, supposedly, runs better than the 360 version (although from what I'm reading, they are pretty much the same). They've also packaged in most of the DLC, so it's sort of a GotYE.

But PS3 owners have been listening to the hype on this game for the past year. And on the first game for even longer. It's not unreasable to think that there are a lot of people who have been itching to try the game.

I went out in search of ME2 (360 version) over the weekend. It was actually tough to come up with. I couldn't find any copies, new or used, at the local stores. I finally found one copy at Toys R US. But in all my travels, I don't recall seeing a single copy the PS3 version either.

I went out in search of ME2 (360 version) over the weekend. It was actually tough to come up with. I couldn't find any copies, new or used, at the local stores. I finally found one copy at Toys R US. But in all my travels, I don't recall seeing a single copy the PS3 version either.

Really? There seems to be no shortage of copies where I'm at. So much so that Amazon.ca is currently selling the 360 version for $15.97.

I really do wonder whether or not ME2 was considered a 'success' by EA. It seems like the game depleted in value mere months after it came out, which I usually associate with a failed product.

I'm playing through two DS games at the moment: 999 and Rune Factory 3.

I know the Harvest Moon series takes a lot of flack as being the same thing over and over again, but there's something seriously addictive about the formula. If you've never played a Rune Factory/Harvest Moon game before, I can't recommend RF3 enough -- the changes made in this version --though minor-- make it the most accessible one yet.

So I've played some Dead Space 2 (PC). First impressions...

It looks really good, they've added a few more smoke effects and nice detailed environment stuff. Added some destructable setting objects.

If you enjoyed the first one, you'll definitely enjoy the gameplay in this one. They've added some set piece stuff that really is exhilarating... I'm not a fan of cutscreen or set piece stuff, but it works well.

The sounds are amazing - in particular the guns. They just sound and feel right.

Stylistically - some influence from Bioshock? Since you're stomping through a city there are different locales... like a commercial district etc. However I should add... the transition from areas feels a lot like FEAR did... meaning somehow this door, elevator, or passage is connected to a ... preschool? Hmmmm.

The new alien types are pretty good... but I could do for some human opponents as well. The combat is still excellent and the new charger necromorphs definitely have better AI. Since you can't duck or jump it doesn't have the same range of strategies that an FPS offers.

Single player seems to be way too short. I've only played 2 sessions and am well along the way. :{ I guess they put a lot into the multiplayer game thus a shorter campaign... well I have a thing for epic long single player campaigns.

Overall - it's an excellent sci-fi horror survival ride. But, unless you're a big multiplayer fan, it may feel a bit too short. It could be a lot better, but its still a good romp. I'd give it an 8.5

I really do wonder whether or not ME2 was considered a 'success' by EA. It seems like the game depleted in value mere months after it came out, which I usually associate with a failed product.

I've only ever read about it being a massive success. It sold over 2 million copies in the first week after release. Dead Space needed two years to reach that number and was still considered successful enough for a sequel.

Dead Space 2 (PC)

OK, so this game officially rocks in my book, gonna have to up my rating to 8.8 If you liked the first one, you're in for a great ride.

The late levels are excellent. They got the ambiance down perfect. There are some fierce battles where they throw everything at you, quite a rush. Campaign doesn't feel too short, just be sure to play on Survivalist or Zealot difficulty for the 1st play through.

Concerning level design: I have to give some criticism for how they implemented the city setting... it really doesn't feel like a city. The levels are very linear which is fine with such great gameplay, but if they're going to have it set in a city they could have made some of the early levels more open world. Late game levels are exactly what the whole game should have been. Really interesting and creepy mixture of machinery and ambient elements.

Story: a bit of a throw-away story. It's not a deal breaker though.

Gameplay: stellar action, great mechanics, weapons, and fluid action. The game engine is excellent and very processor friendly. The new enemy types have improved AI which is great. The necromorph types that come at you can lead to some frantic action.

One aspect of the DS series that is both good and bad is that you buy your weapons and upgrade them. Good: you can only use your favorite weapons and tactics. Bad: if you play at high difficulty there really is no room for having any more than 2-3 weapons ever since you'll need you money to buy ammo and consolidate your upgrades - meaning you won't be forced to get creative with different combat areas.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet.

Archived