Videogames Megathread Infinity+1 Edition

Poobah

Playing Dragon Age Origins at the moment (yeah, I am super late, I know :P ). Very good game. Enjoying it immensely. Started as a Human Rogue (dual wield). It was challenging until I got Wynne. Now I'm just face rolling most of the encounters. After getting Momentum on Rogue, things got boring. I barely have enough stamina to use anything else if I want to maintain Momentum, which takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Next play through is going to be a mage, it looks a lot more fun!

If you're finding the game too easy, I really wouldn't recommend playing a mage. Mages are crazy overpowered unless you work really hard to make a bad build (no mana clash, no sleep, no force field, no crushing prison, no cone of cold, no healing, no arcane warrior, no glyphs, no fireball, no storm of the century, no blood magic and no paralysis)

Playing Dragon Age Origins at the moment (yeah, I am super late, I know :P ). Very good game. Enjoying it immensely. Started as a Human Rogue (dual wield). It was challenging until I got Wynne. Now I'm just face rolling most of the encounters. After getting Momentum on Rogue, things got boring. I barely have enough stamina to use anything else if I want to maintain Momentum, which takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Rogue was a lot of fun, but I had to just turn off Momentum for this reason. It was a lot more interesting to use other skills.

What difficulty are you on?

Rogue was a lot of fun, but I had to just turn off Momentum for this reason. It was a lot more interesting to use other skills.

I am very tempted to invest points on Willpower but it probably isn't worth it over the long run. On the other hand, I do get to micromanage Morrigan a bit more without having to worry about what the rogue is doing.

What difficulty are you on?

Normal at the moment. I was thinking about switching it to hard, but I just want to see how things end, at this point.

Mages are crazy overpowered

Sounds like a perfect class for hard or nightmare modes ^_^

Normal at the moment. I was thinking about switching it to hard, but I just want to see how things end, at this point.

It gets much more challenging on high difficulties. If you don't use the tactics system you are screwed.

I'm planning on getting the ultimate edition for my PC. Really want to get back into it.

Thor,

Do you have the game on PC already? If so, definitely don't get the ultimate edition. Most of the DLC is pretty bad. Stone Prisoner (which comes with the base game anyway) is the only really good one. Warden's Keep and Return to Ostagar are ok but Lelianna's Song is pretty awful. I haven't played the Morrigan one or the Darkspawn one but I haven't heard good things about them.

Thor,

Do you have the game on PC already? If so, definitely don't get the ultimate edition. Most of the DLC is pretty bad. Stone Prisoner (which comes with the base game anyway) is the only really good one. Warden's Keep and Return to Ostagar are ok but Lelianna's Song is pretty awful. I haven't played the Morrigan one or the Darkspawn one but I haven't heard good things about them.

Nah had it for Xbox360 but the disk is broken. (And it belongs to the family so in about a year when I leave I wouldn't be taking it with me anyway I also don't like the 360 control setup) It also comes with the expansion. So even if some of the DLC sucks pretty good deal for $50.

Finally finished my first run through Demon's Souls. I played as a thief initial build, but developed magic ability sufficiently to be able to use some high level spells like firestorm (makes killing the Dirty Colossus breeze). I only got to Soul level 88 by the time I faced False King Allant. The bummer being he took my down 4 soul levels during the fight, so I started NG+ a bit weaker at soul level 84. Love the +4 Crescent Falchion, but I need to find me some pure Darkmoon stone to max it out to +5.

Such a satisfying game. Gonna play through as a soldier now to make things a little more challenging. Though I will also keep my thief going through NG+ as that's a different sort of challenge. Can't wait to get the soul sucker spell and do some serious soul farming.

The hunger for souls is insatiable.

Just now giving Mass Effect (orig.) another play through. What a perfect game. Max out the graphics and it looks nearly as good as ME2 but plays so much cleaner. Great great game.

ME2 is pleasing eye candy, but the excessive load times (esp on PC) make it a chore to play.

ME2 is pleasing eye candy, but the excessive load times (esp on PC) make it a chore to play.

What? Not only are load times much less aggravating in ME2, the gameplay is so far ahead of ME1 I couldn't get myself to replay the old one, fun as it was at the time.

What? Not only are load times much less aggravating in ME2, the gameplay is so far ahead of ME1 I couldn't get myself to replay the old one, fun as it was at the time.

This!

Mass Effect 2 loading times are much lower, the classes are more unique and well defined, compared to Mass Effect. Mass Effect is still an awesome game though. I really liked the heat-ammo system ME1 had, but I can see why they changed it :(

Mass Effect 2 loading times are much lower, the classes are more unique and well defined, compared to Mass Effect. Mass Effect is still an awesome game though. I really liked the heat-ammo system ME1 had, but I can see why they changed it :(

Hmmm, must be the ME2 ver.sion. I have :( Anyway, the battles are over way too soon in ME2 for me. Combat levels are so small, no? Also the story doesn't grab me like ME1. But... I do like the Aussie chick in ME2 : )

Such a satisfying game. Gonna play through as a soldier now to make things a little more challenging. Though I will also keep my thief going through NG+ as that's a different sort of challenge. Can't wait to get the soul sucker spell and do some serious soul farming.

The hunger for souls is insatiable.

ayaaaaay - Wish it was made for PC... I'm gonna have to buy a console just for this game and Madden!

Hmmm, must be the ME2 ver.sion. I have :( Anyway, the battles are over way too soon in ME2 for me. Combat levels are so small, no? Also the story doesn't grab me like ME1. But... I do like the Aussie chick in ME2 : )

95% of ME1 levels were identical copies of underground bunkers, caves and small freighters. And the only reason combat sometimes could take a lot longer than in ME2 was because at higher levels a lot of enemies got Immunity. That was bad enough as a game breaking ability for the Soldier and Infiltrator classes, but when an enemy merc had that up he could take multiple hits from the Mako cannon and not die. Instead he'd bounce around the landscape, forcing you to track him down again.

I experienced this as well, but eventually we got a fix in the ME 2 thread.

Something about dual and quad core processors only loading with one core with Windows Vista 64 bit. Or something technical like that. There is a free executable program from a third party that will automatically switch your PC settings to 'load fast mode' whenever you start ME2, and then set them back when you exit (because load fast mode in ME2 =/= load fast mode for every other program in the world).

The word on the street was that they would patch to fix this issue, but my CD case ate my disk, so I haven't played in awhile.

The program is here. Helped me out a ton. Hopefully it does you too!

I experienced this as well, but eventually we got a fix in the ME 2 thread.

The program is here. Helped me out a ton. Hopefully it does you too!

Oh yes, that's right. I remember reading discussions about this, ooof. I'll have a go at it, cause as it is now... really is bad. 1min wait each time you die? Buzz kill. I am running v1.02, btw. Cheers Angleyes.

Archived