Westeros Mod for Crusader Kings Deus Vult

the_hdk

I'm not the maker of this mod but the Mod needs some more advertising :D

Westeros Mod - War of the Usurper Mod for Crusader Kings Deus Vult

Made by Grell74

The mod is really good. It brings the world of Westeros really to life, especially the events. You get events if you want to send your bastard son to the wall or that one of your sons wants to join the Kingsguard.

You can play as nearly all houses. For those of you who might know this game, this mod is really awesome. If you want to see how it looks ingame check the screens in the link or my AAR.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing this for the last few nights after work and so far It is enjoyable. Perhaps three crashes in 12 hours of playing? The maker seems also have issues with mirroring the downloads.

Very satisfying to see how long the original characters last, and how things turn out. Sadly most of the major Warden realms do not last too long once the major player dies. My mountain clan up near The Wall managed to expand out and create the Lord of the Mountain Clans title, and from there I spent time systematically crushing independent Wildling Clans until I could take out Mance and his Free People. Next came the Night's Watch, there was no real reason to keep them splitting my realm in two when I own everything beyond the Wall. As of last night the Wull Dynasty swears fealty to no man, has upwards of 10 bannermen, and owns almost twenty provinces. My leader holds the Overlord Beyond the Wall, The Lord of the Night's Watch, and Lord of the Mountain Clans for tier 1 and two titles. Capital? Castle Black. Plans for the future? Grab the Fist of the First Men from Dreadfort so I own 100% of land beyond the Wall, and also crush the last three wildling clans on Skraggos. Chances are I'll force them into vassalage though to keep things interesting.

• 1 month later...

This mod suffers from some oddities, particularly related to the problem of there only being three levels of Fuedal Lordship. The King of the Andals is just one of 9 "kingdoms" instead of being overlord. That creates some odd results. Also Robert Baratheon is notorious in his desire to kill all Targs but the CK engine does not really let him. The Targs will usually end up as one of his Bannermen after he takes their main titles...

But it is still really fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I am going to play a game.

In order to properly play CK:DV A Song of Ice and FIre you need a house (both great and small!) to play and a crazy zany scheme. My realm will be House Fowler, Lord's of Prince's Pass and based from the mighty fortress of Skyreach in the Dorne marches between The Reach and Dorne.

My zany scheme: to become lord of all the Dorne Marches and carve my own realms via intrigue and sword. And especially to snatch Oldtown away from the Tyrells. All will fear the foul ways of House Fowler! Since I am sorta weak and surrounded by powerful rivals I will have to carefuly balance naked aggressions and cloak and dagger shenanigans. Long may House Fowlers' tyrannical rule oppress the peoples of the Marches! :fencing:

Remember to set the aggressive settings etc to the lowest. I've gone through a number of scenarios, but am still considering who and what to try for a full game until I hit an end screen. I'm thinking keep Aerys and his line on the Iron Throne might be fun. One other tip, start a game and then immediately save before unpausing, then go back to the select screen and there will be even more factions than before.

Remember to set the aggressive settings etc to the lowest. I've gone through a number of scenarios, but am still considering who and what to try for a full game until I hit an end screen. I'm thinking keep Aerys and his line on the Iron Throne might be fun. One other tip, start a game and then immediately save before unpausing, then go back to the select screen and there will be even more factions than before.

I always played CK on lowest because otherwise you have Arabs in Ireland in just a few years.

Playing the Targs requires some aggressive play since you only control the lands sworn to Dragonstone and King's Landing against four other lords! You have to smash Robert and turn north before the others arrive.

Ok I insulted the Lord of Stoneway in a tournament, as he was a Dorne Bannerman he simply destroyed my family and took my lands. I was doing pretty good to.

Note to self: be very nice to Dorne and the Tyrell Bannermen.

Ok I insulted the Lord of Stoneway in a tournament, as he was a Dorne Bannerman he simply destroyed my family and took my lands. I was doing pretty good to.

Note to self: be very nice to Dorne and the Tyrell Bannermen.

If it's one thing I hate, it's the fact whenever I start a fight as a bannerman my Lord always takes my win before I can, and either settles for crap peace or the land for himself after I've used my prestige to start the fight. Doesn't seem to work that way for the AI!

• 4 weeks later...

This looked great so I bought a download of the game. I installed, added mod, and everything seemed to work ok and I jumped in without reading the manual.

From the start, messages started popping up such as offers of marriage, war alliances, etc. I had several on my screen in the first few seconds of starting the game. I hadn't even figured out what is going on yet when I had these messages to read and answer. Before I could finish reading the first offer, 2 more had popped up, it got worse from there.

I restarted.

I saw under options where to slow the game down. I did that thinking I had found the fix.

Restarted and I was spammed by new offers. Nothing slowed.

I read the manual and noted the explanation to use Control - to slow the speed down. I thought I found my fix again.

Restarted and mashed Control plus - repeatedly.....and was spammed with offers again before I could even begin to figure out how to play. Offers were popping up at the rate of about 1 per 5 seconds it seemed. I couldn't even read an offer completely without another popping on top of it.

What am I doing wrong? <_< Is there a pause button?

Click on the date at the top right of the bar to pause. It's ctrl plus - to slow the speed I think

Thanks for the pause button. I've tried control plus - repeteadly and the game seems to still be soaring. I literally can't keep up with the event replies let alone actually get something else done.

Who are you playing as? I'm guessing the Storm Lands?

If that was for me, no. Tried various.

The control plus - from keyboard wasn't working to slow things. I tried control plus - from numpad and it worked so trying again. :thumbsup: Sorry for my idiocy.

Could any of the more experienced players explain to me how I change who the leading general is when I merge an army? Half the time I'm stuck with a guy who has a command of like 2 when I have others in the army with 14.

• 3 weeks later...

Could any of the more experienced players explain to me how I change who the leading general is when I merge an army? Half the time I'm stuck with a guy who has a command of like 2 when I have others in the army with 14.

well that's hard. cause your vassal's army will have either their marshal or the vassal himself.

in your own lands. Your capital will spawn an army with your ruler. while in other counties within your demense they will spawn first with your marshal than other courtiers and eventually also your ruler.

when you merge armies the guy with highest title will lead them (King -> Duke -> Count -> Marshal -> others) If same title I think Prestige is important but im not sure.

That's a bummer. Guess I just need to keep them split. Is there a difference between just clicking on an army and asking your bannermen to mobilize?

I think it's If your Bannerman is above a certain loyalty, or maxed out loyalty, you can auto-mobilize by clicking on their army that isn't mobilized yet. If they are under a certain loyalty you need to request they mobilize and that gives them a chance to say no, lose more loyalty, turn rogue, etc or say yes.

Archived