Westeros Mod for Crusader Kings Deus Vult

the_hdk

Freaking awesome.

Really need a fix for the iron islands, it's impossible to have a prolonged war there because you can't click the islands when you have troops there.

Also, if you're not the North or the Vale, Robert's rebellion will be fought alone because they make peace like 3 months into the game.

• 1 month later...

Fun mod. :D

(extra fun since I got the game free thanks to gamersgate giving all their newsletter subscribers a free copy of CK and CK:DV...before then, I was just staring at the modder's site in the paradox forum)

I'm kinda excited now for Crusader Kings 2 since, if memory serves, the modder said he'll be making a Westeros mod for that one, too.

Trailer for CK2: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-crusader-kings/715177

How to make Asha queen (war of the five kings scenario):

- give her all of Euron's holdings/titles

- marry Euron :shocked:

- wage war on him :stunned:

- Asha is now queen of the Iron Islands :stillsick:

(there's probably a better way, tho'...that and I did still cheat to maintain her hold. Damned slippery slope that is, cheating: one day it's money, the next it's modifying character attributes, the next running event scripts. :laugh: )

• 3 months later...

This is a brilliant mod, I am having such a nice time playing it, thank you Grell!

It does have a few glitches though, like when the lord of Harrenhall was 167 years old and still breathing.

Or when my allies Dorne and the Reach don't help at all when I am starting as the Mad King.

Or when I made Petyr Baelish, newly ascended Lord of Three sisters, the liege of Jon Arryn King of the East: While his army was away on the other end of Westeros, I betrayed him, declared war on him without any claims by virtue of being allied with the Stormlands, ocupied all his lands together wih lord Hunter and my allies the Stormlands. I made peace, taking the Eyrie province from him, wanting to become his vassal again, but instead he became mine! I immediately tried to revoke his title King of the East,and the poor bastard accepted ! All hail King Petyr Baelish, the first of his name! Just the kind of treachery that would make lord Littlefinger King of the East some day..... but a bug nonetheless:)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, just found about CK:DV and this mod and it’s been pretty fun so far. A bit hard to get into at first but once you become familiar with it, it makes you feel like you’re really in Westeros. And like some of you said, if only there’s a game to combine CK:DV and TW and maybe Civ too then it would be one hell of a game.

Anyway, I’ve got a non-technical question : how accurate/official are the regions/demesnes, their boundaries, and their respective lords in the game?

For sure, all the major players from the books are there, such as the Starks, Umbers, Mallisters, Freys, Arryns, Lannisters, Baratheons, Hightowers, Martells, etc. are all in their own regions, just like they are in the books.

But how about the lesser houses that we’ve hardly ever heard before? Such as Cassell of Blackgrove and Poole of Acorn Grove (around Winterfell), or Waterman of Whitford (sworn to White Harbor), or Wells of Ethering (sworn to Hornwood), or Lightfoot of Weeping Bay and Mollen of Ardonmoor (sworn to Dreadfort), or Slate of Blue Hills and Whitehill of Withered Heath (sworn to Thorren’s Square) : are they all official or are they just made up by the mod author? That’s just some in the North, there are similar cases in the other kingdoms as well.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

How do alliances work in this game? I'm currently being crushed by the Iron Islands and I can't seem to find any way to get my alliances to come to my aid. Do they help automatically, or is there somekind of hidden option I have to click on?

• 11 months later...

Archived