Curly haired Jon Snow.

Andhaira

Jon with curly hair doesn't bother me in the slightest. As said above, there's nothing in the books that says his hair is straight - its just stubborn fans saying "But its not the way I pictured it!" I actually like it, and the light mustache, to be perfectly honest.

If you get hung up over something like Jon having curly hair, I'd like to suggest you do yourself a favour and don't watch the show, cause its a safe bet there's going to be other more drastic differences with how you envisioned the books.

Jon with curly hair doesn't bother me in the slightest. As said above, there's nothing in the books that says his hair is straight - its just stubborn fans saying "But its not the way I pictured it!" I actually like it, and the light mustache, to be perfectly honest.

If you get hung up over something like Jon having curly hair, I'd like to suggest you do yourself a favour and don't watch the show, cause its a safe bet there's going to be other more drastic differences with how you envisioned the books.

I agree. This is almost as bad when people were whining that Sean Bean doesn't look like how they pictured Eddard.

Agreed.I really don't see the problem here.

Google ads gives me a "curly hair anti frizz" ad on the right :D

I think I can get used to Jon's look actually. I think our perception is blurred by all artists of whom no one ever depicted Jon with curly hair (IIRC).

Joffrey's hair is a much larger disappointment. I expected him to look much more like THESE unfortunate little boys.

If young Mr Harrington has only recently grown his hair out for the first time, there's every chance he didn't know he had curly hair anyway. Unless you've got a natural Afro, it's straight when it's short.

My Brother has straight black hair, I had curly brown hair. Now I have no hair, and a big ginger beard. It's cold out.

Don't let her see Robb. I've already heard people swooning over him.

Nah, Jon is definitely more her type. Not to discount Robb's good looks, but I know my kid and she goes for the dark hair/eyed brooding type.

It must run in the family.

what a confusing thread, since when is curly hair something not to be desired or gazed upon

Since none of the fan art depicts him as such, nor does GRRM describe him as having curly hair. Most of the fan art makes him look like an anime guy.

Does that matter? Absolutely not. He's a really cute guy, seems to embody the character, etcetcetc.

I am guessing by the time the series has aired and people can start reconcile "their" image with what's on the tv, the things they find so startling about the appearance will seem much less so.

HAha I love Jon Snow's new look... It's not AT ALL what I expected or pictured, but as a whole it screams one thing: "I'M TRYING TOO HARD." It's all there... The luxuious curly locks, the silly collar, and the ugly teen-stache. :)

Jon spends a lot of time in Book 1 trying to prove how much better he is than the other members of the NW, how he's just as noble as his lordling brothers, he's "nearly a man grown"... etc etc. So this look fits imo.

I suspect that they will give Jon a hair cut and he'll grow a fuller beard (or shave it) for Season 2. And he'll drop the frilly collar for more practical garb. By S2 he's more comfortable in his skin and won't feel he has to overcompensate.

His hair being curly doesn't bother me too much, but more the length. Partly because he has the same look as a creepy teacher I had in high school. If his hair was longer, it would suit the teen dirt 'stache/beard. Whereas the length of it currently, it would probably look a lot better to me if he didn't have the dirt 'stache.

Archived