Purchasing HBO without getting cable?

Maithanet

I'm in the exact same position as you. I want to and I'm definitely more than willing to give HBO money for producing and airing the show but it's not worth it or affordable for me to buy cable unless I can just buy HBO and HBO only or if they offer a pay per view option on itunes or something. However, HBO seems really unwilling to do this from what I've seen of their online options for other programs (ie: they won't let you do instant play for their shows on netflix, don't offer them on itunes nor on their website afaik). This is incredibly short-sighted on their part if they want to successfully market and sell their shows in the 21st century (and not just GOT).

I'm lucky that I have a friend who has HBO, but I'll be leaving America for school halfway through the season so some legitimate way to watch it on the internet would be cool. I will be buying the box set as will many of you I'm sure once it comes out on DVD so HBO will get some revenue that way.

I know you can buy episodes of the Wire on Itunes at two bucks an episode but I'm not sure if they sold those before it was finished.

Archived