Elder Scrolls V anounced!

Darzin

Looks like its going to be in Skyrim and feature dragons other then that not to much information, and I wonder who this Dragon-Born guy is going to be maybe Talos or someone mantling him? Or maybe the Plot has something to do with Akavar they have Dragons over there here is a link to the teaser trailer now speculate!

Looks like its going to be in Skyrim and feature dragons other then that not to much information, and I wonder who this Dragon-Born guy is going to be maybe Talos or someone mantling him? Or maybe the Plot has something to do with Akavar they have Dragons over there here is a link to the teaser trailer now speculate!

Surely the Dragon-Born guy is going to be the hero? I want my ridiculously over-powered demi-god back! Oh, the days of being the Nerevarine... Surely beat being some nobody from Cyrodiil.

(the trailer is classy, not as impressive as the Mass Effect 3 one, but cool nonetheless).

Speculation: there's going to be dragons. And you'll probably have to fight them. Yeah, not a whole lot to go on...

RE: Dragon-Born being the PC: I'm all for becoming the super-powered hero to safe the day, but does it have to be prophecised?

I just wish for one game that Elder Scrolls wouldnt be focused on big huge uber-powered things that just seem a singularity in its world.

My dream game would be an uprising against the Empire in, oh lets say Morrowind. And the story revolves around that rather than prophecised hero blah... Tamriel and its cultures are so vast and yet the main stories just seem to stray from inner relations.

That being said, I have only played Morrowind/Oblivion and tried Daggerfell (couldnt get out of first town).

Still using the Gambryo engine though :( Oh well.

Really? That's an odd decision. I had assumed that one of the reasons why they had Obsidian do Fallout New Vegas is that it would allow them time to develop a new engine for the next game without being off the radar.

According to wikipedia :

In November 2010 a Danish journalist from EuroGamer.dk reported overhearing information from one of the key people in the production of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim during an airplane flight. It was reported that the game is a direct sequel to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and that Bethesda was looking for voice actors for the production

Any idea what they mean by "a direct sequel"? Will the PC be the same as in Oblivion?

Was the player character even an entity in the world of Oblivion? I mean sure they were the hero of Kvatch or whatever but it was pretty much just dude off the street (or in this case imperial prison) gets awesome and saves the world (due to scaling awesomeness optional). Wasn't even like the Nerevarine in MW.

I'm pretty sure they'll be having us create a new PC. If for no reason other than, if they continue the pattern, all combat skills will be "streamlined" into a single mega "hitting things" skill and our iold chars wouldn't be compatible.

Cautiously interested in this as of right now.

Aside from FO3, every Bethesda game is usually good but with some horribly critical flaws that keep me from fully enjoying them (scaling monsters, cliff racers, asinine leveling system, shit combat, idiotic AI, awful characters, bugs... soooo many bugs). I'd like to believe that sometime they'll make a game that just clicks with me because the worlds are so vast and fun to explore.

Ah, maybe I'm just not their target audience, like with Rockstar games.

Really hoping this isn't another absolute turd like oblivion.

Yeah. I treated this announcement with a big yawn. I'll only be midly interested if it's copletely different to Oblivion, it was rubbish.

And :rofl: at all the surprise on this. There's been 4 games in this universe already. A 5th is pretty much due.

Way more hyped for Uncharted 3, that trailer looked pretty, all done with the game engine too, no CGI fakery.

Yeah, colour me meh. Now if it'd been Summerset Isles or Valenwood (minus the furries). You know, one of the other, more exotic, provinces. But Skyrim's just a ... generic viking setting.

I'll withhold final judgement until I see actual footage of the setting, but right now I'm not optimistic.

Really hoping this isn't another absolute turd like oblivion.

the reason i agree with this is that the leveling system was completely stupid whats the point of having xp and levels if everything levels with you? going up levels just made the game harder how retarded is that?

Archived