Jaime Lannister and Brienne

C.T. Phipps

I think it's notable that the only other woman that Jaime has expressed any attraction for is Brienne. She's very much the polar opposite of Cersei, yet in all ways that makes her as a much healthier match for him than her. Certainly, she's the epitome of honor in a way that Jaime wishes other people considered him to be. Likewise, Brienne is certainly drawn to the Kingslayer and is the only person in the world to see past his horrible reputation to the human within.

Aaah, my secret OTP. :D

My inner awkward gangly 14 year old girl would love Brienne to get the hot guy. But to be honest I don't think that's the way the ASOIAF-verse works.

Brienne will take an oath to kill Jaime, because she's apparently unable to even conceive of you know, NOT KEEPING AN OATH TO AN UNDEAD PSYCHO WHO'S TRYING TO KILL YOU. :bang:

Aaah, my secret OTP. :D

My inner awkward gangly 14 year old girl would love Brienne to get the hot guy. But to be honest I don't think that's the way the ASOIAF-verse works.

Brienne will take an oath to kill Jaime, because she's apparently unable to even conceive of you know, NOT KEEPING AN OATH TO AN UNDEAD PSYCHO WHO'S TRYING TO KILL YOU. :bang:

I can't think of Brienne betraying her nature that way. Also, I'm disinclined to think Un-Cat would let her go either.

Of course, I'm hoping there's a way to help Un-Cat too.

So I'm a hopeless romantic.

I can't think of Brienne betraying her nature that way. Also, I'm disinclined to think Un-Cat would let her go either.

I also hope that someone help UnCat, help her die and stay dead, preferably with a very big sword!!!

Any chance of these two hooking up in your opinion?

Yes, a tiny one. I really want it to happen.

No. Either Brienne gets hanged by UnCat or she gives in to murder Jamie in which cause either of them will die. I don't think it will work out for them.

I don't think the first will happen. Brienne was hanged in at least one version of the text, but then Martin changed that. Why would he if he still planned to kill her off? To develop BWWB more? Fighting Jaime and killing him/dying herself is certainly possible, though.

I think it's notable that the only other woman that Jaime has expressed any attraction for is Brienne. She's very much the polar opposite of Cersei, yet in all ways that makes her as a much healthier match for him than her. Certainly, she's the epitome of honor in a way that Jaime wishes other people considered him to be. Likewise, Brienne is certainly drawn to the Kingslayer and is the only person in the world to see past his horrible reputation to the human within.

IIRC, Jaime was physically attracted to Pia as well, but that didn't last long.

Nothing wrong with that. Catelyn deserved much better than what she got and I too want someone to help her somehow and/or at least let her see some of her children again.

I think it's notable that the only other woman that Jaime has expressed any attraction for is Brienne. She's very much the polar opposite of Cersei, yet in all ways that makes her as a much healthier match for him than her.

Also, she's not his sister.

You're a fan of the Sandor/Sansa idea aren't you.

Not at all, actually. I don't think that Brienne and Jaime are going to get together, even she lives, but I just think it would be just adorable if they did.

An Asha and Jaime buddy-cop series would be interesting though, where Jaime is the world-weary, sarcastic, jaded partner who is just a few years off from retirement and Asha is his feisty young streetwise partner who doesn't take shit from anyone and plays by own rules.

I think it'd be interesting if Catelyn isn't some sort of undead monster, but just a woman with some vocal chord damage and some skin deformity.

I can imagine that.

Jaime: Die, undead fiend! Have at thee!

Catelyn: Undead what? Let's see how good you look after getting cracked on the head and thrown into a river, fished out, and subjected to the tender medical ministrations of a band of homicidal renegades.

Jaime: I thought you couldn't talk.

Catelyn: ... shut up, Kingslayer.

Nothing wrong with that. Catelyn deserved much better than what she got and I too want someone to help her somehow and/or at least let her see some of her children again.

The way I see it, it's actually possible! See, unlike the wights raised by the others, when Thoros raised Beric he still kept some fragment of his humanity. He too was horrifically mutilated and he probably gave up a lot of himself, but he was still human and capable of human interactions. I think Un-Cat might be the same way; give her a credible chance to see one of her kids again (Arya, Bran, Rickon, or Sansa) and she might be able to be at peace or something.

Well funny enough, Brienne, has actually turned down Jaime for the ol hook up on at least one occasion! So, it'd be up to Brienne. I don't see it happening though. Its the tension that makes their relationship so interesting.

And, in a way, they have hooked up already... both have shown loyalty to each other, and in the case of Jaime he even risked his life for her. Great pair, really enjoy their interaction.

Well funny enough, Brienne, has actually turned down Jaime for the ol hook up on at least one occasion!

Wait, when did this happen?

Out of left field (but makes sense to me):

Briene X Sandor

If he followed her from the brotherhood and she manages to escape UnCat's clutches, their potential for character development/story is pretty potent. Plus it would make all the Sansa fans flip out. :tantrum:

Why? Not every Sansa fan wants her with Clegane or Brienne. (Though this Sansa fan is rather fond of the latter pairing. ^_^)

Good lord I hope not!

No offense to the Jaime/Brienne fans but it's way too storybook for me. Beauty and the Beast. The formerly bad man reforms and falls for the woman who is beautiful on the inside. Bah! No thanks

In addition to finding the twincest endlessly amusing tee hee.. I might be the only person on the planet who actually likes Brienne with Hyle lol. I just think he's a better fit for her if she lives.

Archived