World of Warcraft

Inigima

Yeah I like Grim Batol as well.

We're having some issues with our guild tho, as our tanks are ready for raiding, one healer definitely is, I sort of am, and we have a couple of DPS ready as well. Only problem is, we don't have a full team. Tanks are tired of running HCs so don't want to anymore. The people who haven't got the gear are frustrated with LFG and it leaves us kinda nowhere. We can't gear and we can't raid, and the people ready for raiding are getting fed up.

Me, I am just doing archaeology although I should be farming HCs cos we haven't got any guild tanks online (and when they are online they cba, are on a laptop and can only farm, or something else). Dunno, so far I don't know what to think, apart from that....this expansion hasn't got any content unless you have a pet tank and healer in your pocket?

So far, I only tried to pug normals, and haven't been able to complete any of the normals I tried as a healer. Not even going to attempt a HC.

Your Tanks seem like assholes tbh.

Your Tanks seem like assholes tbh.

Nah, they were just almost the first ones to 85 and are suffering from burn out. I can sympathise with that, and they still do run HCs, just not necessarily when the people who need the gear are online. The game should be fun, not a chore.

Definitely glad I came back, I'm having a lot of fun. Though I have noticed one change that I'm not totally thrilled about, and that's that gear seems much simpler. I haven't seen anything with +damage or +healing anymore, from what I can tell its all based on spellpower which is just based on Int. On the one hand that means more potential gear for me, on the other hand it seems I'll be competing with all clothies now in dungeons.

That's assuming the need/want roll mechanism still exists in dungeons though, I haven't actually gone into one yet. I'm just leveling too damn fast to bother; I hit 39 this morning. In fact I'm leveling so fast that I wasn't able to collect enough mats to level my professions before moving on. I figured I'd just buy them at the AH since I only needed a couple, but the prices are insane. Its 20g for a stack of wool cloth now, I remember it used to be closer to 5g. I assume this is due to inflation from all the gold Wrath and Cataclysm have brought in. \

From my understanding though I can get a faster mount when I hit 40, so I figure I'll do that and then go back and do some farming in the zones I've already finished. After that I'll head into Eastern Plaguelands which, if its anything like the Western Plaguelands, should be a blast. Seriously, the battle for Andorhol and the associated phasing was awesome. That's what MMOs should be like and what I thought WoW was like 3 years ago. When it wasn't I got bored and left after only a couple months. Now that it is, I think I'll be around for while. Although as I recall Outland was much like the Old World used to be, and as I understand things it hasn't been updated much, hopefully I can slog through it.

Also since I wasn't doing any dungeons and probably won't be doing any for a while I switched my Priest from Holy to Shadow and my god, it was like pushing an easy button. I love that Dual Spec now exists so I'll be able to easily switch back forth since I plan on healing when I start up instances. But Shadow is just amazing (at least compared to Holy) at wasting enemies. I do have something of a mana problem though, have to drink after every 4 to 5 enemies usually.

Nah, they were just almost the first ones to 85 and are suffering from burn out. I can sympathise with that, and they still do run HCs, just not necessarily when the people who need the gear are online. The game should be fun, not a chore.

Well yeah that's fine. I meant more about being fed up that the dps aren't gearing fast enough while being forced to pug.

Definitely glad I came back, I'm having a lot of fun. Though I have noticed one change that I'm not totally thrilled about, and that's that gear seems much simpler. I haven't seen anything with +damage or +healing anymore, from what I can tell its all based on spellpower which is just based on Int. On the one hand that means more potential gear for me, on the other hand it seems I'll be competing with all clothies now in dungeons.

If you're looking for a +damage/+healing demarcation, there still is one - Spirit gear is for healers, nonSpirit gear is for dps. Also, although you might find it on some spirit gear, haste is a pretty terrible healer stat right now compared to all the other secondaries.

If you're looking for a +damage/+healing demarcation, there still is one - Spirit gear is for healers, nonSpirit gear is for dps. Also, although you might find it on some spirit gear, haste is a pretty terrible healer stat right now compared to all the other secondaries.

This is not entirely correct, while healers should never want hit, shadow priests, boomkins and elemental shamans have talents that makes spirit= hit.

So far, I only tried to pug normals, and haven't been able to complete any of the normals I tried as a healer. Not even going to attempt a HC.

You can't complete a regular dungeon? :o they're Challenging but not that hard. Take charge of the CC assignments if no one else is. I fail occasionally but I can usually complete them, as heals or DPS. Try to bring a friend or two even if they're DPS so you'll know at least a couple of you are competent.

You can't complete a regular dungeon? :o they're Challenging but not that hard. Take charge of the CC assignments if no one else is. I fail occasionally but I can usually complete them, as heals or DPS. Try to bring a friend or two even if they're DPS so you'll know at least a couple of you are competent.

Oh, *I* can complete normals with a half guild run, just never in full PUGs. They can't CC or DPS anything proper if their life depended on it :) It just seems impossible, and they all pull sub 5k DPS as well, even on bosses where they stand still and faceroll their buttons.

We're having some issues with our guild tho, as our tanks are ready for raiding, one healer definitely is, I sort of am, and we have a couple of DPS ready as well. Only problem is, we don't have a full team. Tanks are tired of running HCs so don't want to anymore. The people who haven't got the gear are frustrated with LFG and it leaves us kinda nowhere. We can't gear and we can't raid, and the people ready for raiding are getting fed up.

This sounds a lot like what is happening with our guild. The first tank to 85 was me, and I was the only tank who was 85 and able to queue for heroics for at least a week. In that time, I participated in every guild first heroic kill except one (they waited out a 45 minute queue while I was out eating dinner with my family, the bastards). We had something like 7 of our first 10 85s with some kind of healing spec, so more than half of them were forced to figure out and gear for DPS just to be able to run heroics sometimes. Everyone knew that they could either get me into their group or have a 30+ minute queue, so people were hitting me up all the time. It's kind of like being picked first for the kickball team for the first time in my life.

Now there's a whole load more of 85s, including two more tanks, but one of them is an idiot who's creepily obsessed with one of our healers and is generally antisocial towards everyone else; and the other is undergeared (actually, he's an idiot too, just less of one), so everyone STILL wants to just do heroics with me, because they know it'll be the fastest and least likely to descend into a wipefest, and in all 346+ gear I don't feel like doing more than a couple a day.

Meanwhile, the raiding we've tried consisted of Baradin Hold last week (beat berserk timer by 2 seconds; no useful gear dropped) and this week (1.5 million health left @ berserk).

I've been having a lot of fun in Cata so far, but I am starting to wonder about this DPS gearing quandary.

Oh, *I* can complete normals with a half guild run, just never in full PUGs. They can't CC or DPS anything proper if their life depended on it :) It just seems impossible, and they all pull sub 5k DPS as well, even on bosses where they stand still and faceroll their buttons.

I can usually complete even full pugs. That said, I just had a horrid one that I left. Grim Batol, healer left before first boss. I say "Should I be concerned?" "not if you can heal lol." Then they pull the full pack of mobs without any CC. We manage to survive and I make them start CCing. Shaman is doing 3k DPS and the shadow priest is doing under that. Hunter is at just about 5k or a little less, and breaks CC.

I definitely feel you about having trouble getting guild groups though. None of our tanks want to do regs anymore, and I can't buy my way into heroics because the rate of JP gain is so low.

Just cos you made me feel like a total wimp, I steeled myself and went and puged my first HC :P Got HoOr, which I thought yay, no probs here. Went great first and second boss, then the rogues and the lock DPS could not move out of shadow traps on the third and we wipe 4 times, got him finally cos I just brute forced it and suicided to angel form to heal without mana.

Anyway, the fire/sun dude went well, and as he is last I felt phew, but we continue on to wipe 4 more times on the shadow dude (Sethik?) cos the tank cant pick up adds, can't kite and the DPS can't nuke portals, little fish and not stand in stuff on the floor at the same time. Ended with a really really slow kill on Isiseth. I mean, this was a HC and two of the DPS just about edged over 5k DPS, the second rogue pulled 7k but kept dying to stupid shit on the floor.

Still though, more successful than my previous normals! And I finally got my healing shoes. Now I just need a wand to drop as I am still rocking a green one from Twilight Highlands.

Heroics are probably easier at this point than normals because only fairly slow folks who aren't that serious are doing normals. Everyone else graduated to heroics.

Nah, we just booted both DPS in our semi guild run cos they pulled like 3k DPS in Tol'Vir HC on the first boss, and what is worse, while doing so they insisted in finding loads of mines to stand on. People are just bad, often. Luckily we got a really good pug enh shaman on the next one and finished DM without a hitch.

Got 2x85s by now, both geared to the teeth, main has everything pre-raid farmed (yes, everything, all reps exalted and so on), alt warr has everything except a few pieces of tank gear and I'm still farming reputations.

I hear a lot of complaining about heroic queues from dps. Add to this that 2/3 heroic pugs fail due to retards and pugging heroics as dps feels impossible ... or does it?

For all of you dpsers out there, here's a way to skip queues:

1. Get a friend who is warrior/paladin/dk/druid and has 329 item level. It doesn't matter what spec he is or if that 329 is from cloth gear in his bags. He also should be doing something else, not heroics, at the moment.

/optional - if you know nobody from those classes (and you really need to socialize more then :D) ask in trade chat, but offer gold too./

2. Group with him, join queue and have him pick tank. Instant queue, join the dungeon you desire. Once you enter he immediately leaves (receiving 30min deserter, but if he's doing something else it's not a big deal), leaving you with 3dps & healer. Rejoin queue from inside the dungeon - you'll get the first tank available (~30sec).

3. Enjoy!

I'm still thinking on how to dispel the other flaw heroics have atm - the constant inflow of retards. Ignoring everyone in my battlegroup doesn't seem to be a viable option ...

Archived