Halfway through series -SPOILERS

One short question. It is mention that Bran appearnce will change dramaticly halfway through series. It is grammar question. Does that proverb means from book One or from second half part of series?

Mentioned where? What are you talking about?

Bran does go through a major change in book one, but it's more like one-fifth of the way through the book, not half. The TV series might handle it differently, but no one here has any knowledge of that.

And assuming book four is the midpoint of the series, Bran is still basically the same there, just a little older.

Bran does go through a major change in book one, but it's more like one-fifth of the way through the book, not half. The TV series might handle it differently, but no one here has any knowledge of that.

Actually, it's almost exactly 1/10th the way into Book 1 that the major change happens to him, around page 80-something of an 800-something page book.

I believe it was Hodor whose appearance is set to change dramatically midway through the series.

Yes, in the interview with Kristian Nairn and GRRM (sorry, still working on the transcription) there is mention of Hodor's appearance changing partway through the first season. That's probably what you're thinking of. (It may or may not be related to Bran's change(s); I don't recall any mention tying them together explicitly, but there was some speculation.)

About that, though nothing explicit was mentioned in the interview, speculation is:

It may be to do with his role as Bran's "legs", that even aside from the saddle, etc, he might have new clothes to reflect his new 'stature' in the household.

I'll post more as I redo that section of the interview, and of course will post the full thing once I'm done. And maybe KN/GRRM were just playing it up, and it's not really that much of a change. We'll see in a few months, I guess!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, in the interview with Kristian Nairn and GRRM (sorry, still working on the transcription) there is mention of Hodor's appearance changing partway through the first season. That's probably what you're thinking of. (It may or may not be related to Bran's change(s); I don't recall any mention tying them together explicitly, but there was some speculation.)

Hodor's? I was thought it is Bran's. How silly I was. :)

Maybe Hodor will die. Maybe his head will be choped off. Or his legs will be cut down. :not sure:

About that, though nothing explicit was mentioned in the interview, speculation is:

It may be to do with his role as Bran's "legs", that even aside from the saddle, etc, he might have new clothes to reflect his new 'stature' in the household.

I'll post more as I redo that section of the interview, and of course will post the full thing once I'm done. And maybe KN/GRRM were just playing it up, and it's not really that much of a change. We'll see in a few months, I guess!

I agree with you on this, his role changes from stableboy to "legs" for his Bran. So I'm sure they clean him up from wearing homespun and being covered in dirt and manure to wearing better clothes and getting bathed regularly.

Archived