Football XXV

Black Wizard

I am in two minds about Arse-Chels, it either signals that they're now pure shite and we're actually a chance of points when I get up at 6.45 on thurs morning, or this is just a dip and they'll take full advantage of the Special BWFC Troubled Club Breather Offer and twat us like they normally do.

But who at the start of the season woulda believed that Chelsea-Bolton would be a proper six-pointer?

Blackpool win again!!! :) :wub: Ian Evatt

Fair play. Matt Phillips is class and I suppose it was inevitable that DJ bloody Campbell would score against us...he always does.

But that was the most frustrating game I ever watched....we absolutely battered you for the whole game...31 attempts on goal and some of them were piss easy. How unlucky can we be to have every one of our attacking players to have an off-day. Gyan missed 2 great onest, Bent missed 3 good ones and Welbeck had a good few free headers...Bent hit the bar, Evatt made that wonderblock from Elmo. :dunno:

Simply crazy and immensely frustrating. But it's always a danger against Blackpool...

Fair play. Matt Phillips is class and I suppose it was inevitable that DJ bloody Campbell would score against us...he always does.

But that was the most frustrating game I ever watched....we absolutely battered you for the whole game...31 attempts on goal and some of them were piss easy. How unlucky can we be to have every one of our attacking players to have an off-day. Gyan missed 2 great onest, Bent missed 3 good ones and Welbeck had a good few free headers...Bent hit the bar, Evatt made that wonderblock from Elmo. :dunno:

Simply crazy and immensely frustrating. But it's always a danger against Blackpool...

Yeah I told my buddy that I'd be going bald from tearing out my hair if I was a Sunderland fan.

Chelsea vs Arsenal, don't know what to say. Well done to Arsenal, but man are Chelsea out of sorts.

They pretty much played their usual best 11 and even then it is clear they are but a shadow.

I've been watching an incredibly boring first half between Birmingham and Man U. To me, Rooney still looks far, far from his best. He's only better than the terrible player he has been for quite a while. I like Man U's tactical play, good positioning, but the all the passing in the world is not going to help you if you are so toothless upfront. I miss Nani, I wonder he isn't playing, maybe injured. He at least, in Valencia's absence, is a player who brings great danger going forward.

And Spurs win again. Could Redknapp be right in thinking they might get the title this year? I still think they won't.

They're not great, but they are up 1-0. They're actually playing fantastic compared to Liverpool, who are, and I must apologize to Iskaral Pust for being so blunt, absolute shit. Just a terrible home game from Liverpool against Wolves. You have Gerrard, Torres, N'gog, Kuyt, Meireles, all the big guns are playing and they are awful, I see they are now down 0-1 as well. Wolves are going to take 3 points here. They are back to where they were a while ago when they were in the relegation area.

Arsenal at a draw sofar, they will want to score one more goal here otherwise the victory over Chelsea loses colour.

Unbelievable season in the Premier League! Half way through and only 5 points separate 11th place Everton from 20th place West Ham. 5 points!. Any team in the bottom half could be relegated this season. I'm looking at you, Liverpool.

Definitely. And really, is it any more than James Tomkins deserves?

I actually do hope West Ham stay up. I feel sorry for Avram Grant. I have no idea why, given his complete lack of charm or charisma, but I feel sorry for him nonetheless.

Just watched Match of the Day. I spent the whole Wigan Arsenal game thinking: "wow, that N'zogbia is quite a player, I should get him into my fantasy team..." then he goes and does that completely daft wannabe headbutt. That aside, the Wigan game was very very entertaining. Suddenly Arshavin looks something like he did when he first came to the EPL (remember when he scored 4 against Liverpool, and that was when Liverpool were good). We'll have to see if he can be that good against a stronger team though.

I thought Chelsea played very well in the second half and were good for the win. Drogba woulda scored that goal 9 times out of 10. Hopefully the Chelsea can kick on from here.

And I'm loving Stuart Holden. The guy tweets like a maniac too, hehe. How much better could our world cup have been if De Jong hadn't hurt him, and he'd gotten a proper half season under Owen Coyle last year. Lord only knows how great he'll be in 2014.

Liverpool are useless. MOTD could barely find anything to highlight out of that game. Liverpool had at least been decent at home this season (Blackpool aside), but even that seems out the window now.

EDIT: Gahaha, someone made a twitter account for Stuart Holden's hair. It's got 1,000 followers. http://twitter.com/#!/stuholdenshair

Did you just include N'Gog amongst the "big guns"?

I did. That is a bit much I suppose, just like including Meireles was. I was trying to show that Liverpool did play what was their best 11 and still couldn't make a dent against ..........Wolverhampton.

They're not great, but they are up 1-0. They're actually playing fantastic compared to Liverpool, who are, and I must apologize to Iskaral Pust for being so blunt, absolute shit. Just a terrible home game from Liverpool against Wolves. You have Gerrard, Torres, N'gog, Kuyt, Meireles, all the big guns are playing and they are awful, I see they are now down 0-1 as well. Wolves are going to take 3 points here. They are back to where they were a while ago when they were in the relegation area.

Arsenal at a draw sofar, they will want to score one more goal here otherwise the victory over Chelsea loses colour.

Why are you apologizing? It's absolutely true. We're shit. I only hope that was the nadir.

We're a 3-point banker for any opposition at the moment. Since a good victory against Chelsea, I think our only wins have been against Villa and West Ham, who are just about the only teams being managed worse than us.

I keep waiting for Hodgson to be sacked. I can't believe it's been allowed to go this far. This club is drowning under the weight of a decade of squad dilution and now this Wimbledon-style football is making it ten times worse. A new manager who actually wants to play some football could improve this team a lot in the short term, but the club will continue to fade unless the new owners and a new manager are able to steadily improve the squad for the long term. We need an Arsene Wenger of our own.

I think Hodgson has to go as well. Which is strange on the one hand, as he did very well with Fulham. And after all, Benitez was terrible with Liverpool as well last year. And very cowardly a tactician to boot.

On the other hand, they cannot keep Hodgson on anymore with Liverpool's performance level being this poor. They have to act, and the easiest thing is always to try a new manager. Plus get rid off and acquire some new players in the January window. But who will want those Liverpool players they want to get rid off..

Archived