Your choice for Characters not yet cast.....

lukahnli

A few suggestions (feasibility be damned):

Oberyn Martell - Alexander Siddig

Whoa, he's the only one I know but he totally has my vote.

Quick edit which I hope won't be overlooked: any chance to get Michelle Yeoh in there? She's one of my favourite actresses.

Well, I think they are feasible enough. The only problem is that you're casting too far ahead. You are perfectly on topic, mind you, but I reckon it's better for debate's sake to stick for now with characters likely to appear during the second season.

The OP was nonspecific. Hell, I had an idea for Quentyn Martell too and he hasn't even appeared yet.

Edit: the only possibility I can think of for Michelle Yeoh is Quaithe of the Shadow. I don't really see her in that role though

Some Margaery suggestions

Kaya Scodelario: Was suggested as Dany before, why not Margaery as well

Freya Mavor: This girl just landed her first role on the British TV-series Skins. Don't know anything about her acting ability, but most young actress/actors that has been on Skins has done a good job so far I think.

Rachel Hurd Wood

Imogen Poots

Mia Wasikowska

Holliday Grainger

Edit: the only possibility I can think of for Michelle Yeoh is Quaithe of the Shadow. I don't really see her in that role though

Alas yes, she could play some out-of-Westeros powerful lady, but there aren't many of them. Quaithe is a mystery unto herself, who knows who is under that lacquered mask.

• 2 weeks later...

Casting the CoK prologue

Stannis - Robson Green or Rufus Sewell

Davos - Henry Ian Cusick or a somewhat left field suggestion Naveen Andrews

Maester Cressen - If he's well enough Roy Dotrice. Seems IMDB still has him listed as Pycelle.

Maester Pylos - Some youngish unknown.

Melisandre - Unrealistic one here but Bridget Regan with her own hair colour

Unfortunately Randy Quaid went mental so he's probably not a good casting choice.

Slightly offbeat maybe, because I know he's a comedian first and an actor second, but what about Miles Jupp as Edmure Tully? I bet he could pull off the serious stuff.

What?? When did this happen? What happened? What did he (Quaid) do?

Unfortunately Randy Quaid went mental so he's probably not a good casting choice.

Slightly offbeat maybe, because I know he's a comedian first and an actor second, but what about Miles Jupp as Edmure Tully? I bet he could pull off the serious stuff.

I did not know Miles Jupp but he has a very interesting face. I've always thought that Edmure has a humorous streak in him, so a versatile actor would be perfect.

Poor Randy Quaid, he's never been one of my faves but his younger brother Dennis is, and by the pic in that article Randy looks decades older than Dennis, even though they are only 2-3 years apart.

(Dennis is one of my dream actors for Brynden Tully... pity he's American.)

• 3 weeks later...

I think the most perfect and REALISTIC 2nd season casting choice would be

Titus Welliver as Stannis. Perfect cold eyes. He already has the same coloring as the actors playing Robert and Renly. He has also appeared in an HBO series already. And above all else, good actor.

I think the most perfect and REALISTIC 2nd season casting choice would be

Titus Welliver as Stannis. Perfect cold eyes. He already has the same coloring as the actors playing Robert and Renly. He has also appeared in an HBO series already. And above all else, good actor.

He looks fine as Mark Addy's younger brother. Good luck to him.

Archived