Your choice for Characters not yet cast.....

lukahnli

I think the most perfect and REALISTIC 2nd season casting choice would be

Titus Welliver as Stannis. Perfect cold eyes. He already has the same coloring as the actors playing Robert and Renly. He has also appeared in an HBO series already. And above all else, good actor.

I REALLY liked him in Deadwood, but his being American may be prohibitive. Otherwise I'd love for them to find a spot for him.

I REALLY liked him in Deadwood, but his being American may be prohibitive. Otherwise I'd love for them to find a spot for him.

Peter Dinklage is also American. The key of course is whether Titus Welliver could do a passable English accent. He recently did a fairly believable (well, from these American ears :P ) accent in Sons of Anarchy.

Peter Dinklage is also American. The key of course is whether Titus Welliver could do a passable English accent. He recently did a fairly believable (well, from these American ears :P ) accent in Sons of Anarchy.

Well yeah, so is Jason Momoa - but the key there is that they were the IDEAL people for the role - with rare qualities (a great actor who is also a little person and used to serious roles) and Jason Momoa (a good actor who is big and has a certain aesthetic that is probably rare in the UK). As great as I think Titus is, he certainly isn't the only actor that could do Stannis well - there's half a dozen UK actors that come to mind. I don't think it's IMPOSSIBLE that they go out of the UK for that role, just not that likely. But like I said - I'd be all for it cause he's awesome. :cool4:

Very good point on the Americans cast and why. Again, I can just hope that Titus Wlliver's relationship with HBO from Deadwood to come into play. :)

Which Brit actors were you thinking of?

I think Mark Strong is the most obvious choice for Stannis. I expect he's been mentioned before.

Also, I believe it's legally mandated that Alan Dale appears in every television series made today. So he can be Alester Florent.

Mark Stroing WOULD be a very good Stannis. Same blue piercing gaze and Titus Wellver. Plus he has that whole accent thing. :P

I thought Alan Dale might have made a good Tywin, though Charles Dance probably is a more prestigous actor. He could also be a good Alester.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure that being tall is a problem for Ygritte. Her height is not important to her character. Karen Gillen would make a great Ygritte. "Kissed by fire" indeed! She's a little too pretty for the slightly tomboyish Ygritte, but eh.

Karen has a few things going for her, for one she's Scottish so she already has that lush accent.

She's pretty but mostly because she's "done up", there's really nothing striking about her besides her hair (imo) and I can see her looking boyish or rough if need be. She might tower over Jon though, the guy doesnt seem all that tall

• 11 months later...

I would like to see Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead) play Oberyn Martell. He has proven his ability to assume different accents which would lend itself to speaking with a Dornish accent (something I vaguely recall as being markedly different than the rest of Westeros, though this may have only been my imagination). I originally envisioned Dornish people as Spanish (kind of geographical neighbors to the Brits) but I imagine HBO will retain a British cast for all Westerosi.

I am also intrigued as to who will play Victarion and I think Brendan Gleeson (Troy, Braveheart) would make a great Ironborn

James Purefoy (He played Marc Anthony in the tv series "Rome") would be perfect as the Red Viper

When I read the books, I pictured Victarion as the guy who played he T-888 Myron Stark in Terminator the sarah connor chronicles (iron that that show starred Lena Headey - Cersei)

Euron Greyjoy I pictured as a middle aged Christopher Lee!

James Purefoy (He played Marc Anthony in the tv series "Rome") would be perfect as the Red Viper

When I read the books, I pictured Victarion as the guy who played he T-888 Myron Stark in Terminator the sarah connor chronicles (iron that that show starred Lena Headey - Cersei)

Euron Greyjoy I pictured as a middle aged Christopher Lee!

Why does everyone here love this James Purefoy? What's he been in to garner so much attention? Also the Dornish need to be more spanish or middle-eastern. He's far to pale to play Oberyn. Banderas FTW!

• 4 weeks later...

Oded Fehr as the Red Viper would be a good choice, he would need to grow his hair back out though. He is a good acter (the mummy, Resident evil), he is 42 years old now though. If u look at him in the first mummy movie, that is exactly how i see the Oberyn Martell.

i guess i maybe the only one, but i see the Martells as Tan with dark hair, so he fits.

Why does everyone here love this James Purefoy? What's he been in to garner so much attention?

Rome. Season 2 in particular. His performance as a drunken and dangerous Marc Antony was amazing, particularly towards the end when his escapades in Egypt bordered on hilarious.

But the guy always came across as someone who was dangerous behind all the bullshit, which is why I'd prefer him for Mance. That and, as some have suggested, he looks more like a northerner than a man from Dorne. I think they ought to go down the Hispanic route for Dorne to add to the culture of Westeros.

http://youtu.be/TvbiC634Pb0

http://youtu.be/dFC3NYdegBM - His best (last) scene. Kinda spoilery if you haven't seen Rome, not really that spoilery if you've read a history book.

Archived