Who do you imagine to be the most beautiful/handsome person on the ASOIAF planet, living or dead?

Horatz

Many people in-world seem to be biased torwards Dany (including the Magi in Lannisport), but I think a lot of this is her exotic ancestry and her being the only remaining person who's obviously Targ.

(BTW, what was the name of the other family with Valyrian blood again?)

The Velaryons (sp?), who were with Stannis on Dragonstone. Also, the Daynes have Targ/Valaryian blood, I believe. (I'm not sure if this was ever confirmed, I just remember Ashara had Targ coloring, and there was mention of the Daynes providing brides to the Targs a few times).

As for most beautiful, I do think of Dany, but after that, I think maybe Sansa, although she's still very young.

Woman who I imagine very beautiful is Lyanna. Why?

-everyone says she was very beautiful

-probably exotic (she was member of First Men /although it is uncertain are they only ancestors of Northman)

-dark grey eyes, dark hair, long face and slim /beautiful (that sound like she leap out among traditional beauties and traditional ugly woman)

-wolf blood / wild and maybe she has sense for humor as her brother?

-noble birth /she probably must be very polite, kind and smart

For a man I think is very attractive there are few candidats

-Rhaegar Targaryen -although it is uncertain is his attractivness was titles, harp and Targ blood, he has one vote

-Jaime Lannister -errr, it is almost certain that he is attractive, but I can beat love of his life :)

-Loras Tyrell -beautiful :D, but not for me

-the young Robert Baratheon -I think nobody can beathis love, but no thanks, I valid more that his 'love'

Who do you imagine to be the most beautiful/handsome person on the ASOIAF planet, living or dead? Many people in-world seem to be biased torwards Dany (including the Magi in Lannisport), but I think a lot of this is her exotic ancestry and her being the only remaining person who's obviously Targ.

(BTW, what was the name of the other family with Valyrian blood again?)

I picture many characters as gorgeous (Catelyn and Sansa Stark, Lannister twins, many Targaryens (and especially Shiera Seastar), Dayne ladies, Martell ladies and Sand Snakes, Val, etc.) but don't imagine any of them to be that and don't think there's any objective way to judge. Dany is very beautiful, no doubt, but she's said to be "the most beautiful woman in the world" because she's a queen. She's seen by lots of people who don't meet many girls like that in their everyday life and/or have it in their best interests to promote her image which is how the rumor started. Same thing happens with Cersei and if Sansa (or Arianne) were to be queen, she would also be praised as the ultimate beauty. There must be a lot of very good-looking men and women who just don't get the same exposure as the high-born lords and ladies do.

Btw, it's not confirmed that Maggy the Frog was talking about Dany (though it's likely) and she only said that the younger queen will be more beautiful than Cersei.

Also, the Daynes have Targ/Valaryian blood, I believe. (I'm not sure if this was ever confirmed, I just remember Ashara had Targ coloring, and there was mention of the Daynes providing brides to the Targs a few times).

The Daynes don't have Valyrian blood, as in they are not refugees from the Freehold like the Targaryens and the Velaryons or anything. They were around looooooooong before the Targaryens landed in the Crownlands. Their eye-hair coloring seems to be similiar to that of Valyrians, since all the members we have encountered so far have very light hair and eyes in the range between dark blue and purple. One possible explanation is that since the Daynes probably arrived in Westeros as long ago as did the First Men, they may carry some sort of proto-Valyrian genome that the people who inhabited the Lands of the Long Summer also had even before they formed the Freehold.

I'd say it goes Targaryens>Baratheons>Lannisters.

Though in the case of the Baratheon/Lannisters, it seems to come down more to personal taste.

Baratheons have Targ blood and ridiculously good genetics for musculature and height.

The Targaryens are Valyrian, and are always said to be inhumanly beautiful, so it kind of sets them above everyone else.

Though by and large, apparently ALL the great Houses seem to be exceptionally good looking (I mean the rulers of the "Seven Kingdoms" not ALL great houses, if you can understand the difference).

And the Starks are the "best" House (from a fantasy/honour/romantic point of view) so they get their fair share of super hotties as well.

Brandon was considered quite the looker, if you recall.

I always thought that Catelyn Stark was hot like Mexico Dorne (?). Even after she died, I still think she'd probably crack the top 10,000. As far as ugly characters, I can think of Brienne and Tyrion as being the stand outs; most people in Westeros are probably not that attractive, but those two have their looks (or lack thereof) emphasized.

I'm going to say, I dont' think Dany is actually that beautiful. Everyone who says she is the most beautiful woman they have seen is either 1) a sycophant or 2) in love with her.

She has f-ing dragons. She is the presumptive heir to a continent. Later, she has an army and lots of money. Lots of reasons to suck up!

I'm not saying she's ugly but we have no objective evidence that she's really more than in the top 25% or so (so well above average).

Most beautiful man - probably was Rhaegar, then Jaime in his prime (so maybe 5-10 years ago).

Most beautiful woman - probably was Cersei in her prime (~10-15 years ago).

I always thought that Catelyn Stark was hot like Mexico Dorne (?). Even after she died, I still think she'd probably crack the top 10,000.

I would have thought so too, until I saw a trailer for the HBO series. To be fair, the actress cast for Catelyn doesn't necessarily represent Martin's vision of the character, but what was seen cannot be unseen. :eek:

Also, I have to admit, I would probably be way into Dornish women. So, Arianne. And Dany just because.

As much as I think of people like Dany, Rhaegar and even Viserys as very attractive, I'm tempted to keep the Targs out of the contest, because I feel much of their aura is due to them being, well, Targaryens and therefore "magical", exotic, royal, etc.

Right now my winners are the Lannister twins, possibly in their prime (though I prefer the older, battered Jaime myself - but I'm trying to go for a conventional notion of attractiveness rather than personal taste here). Even those with no positive bias about them seem to always acknowledge their beauty.

Special mentions: I bet Sansa is going to grow up into a stunning woman, even more beautiful than Cat, and young Robert must have been really, really ridiculously good looking (lol), so I'd say Gendry has great potential, too.

Cersei and Jaime. Sansa. Margaery. Rheagar. Melisandre. Lady Merryweather. Robert. Dany. Drogo. Loras. Renly. Jon might belong here too.

Not that all these people are my cup of tea. I just think they are the commonly thought of beautiful/handsome/smoking hot people. I think Cersei may be the most beautiful woman but Lady Merryweather may be sexier. Depends on your preference I guess. Joffrey was supposed to be handsome too.

Archived