Who do you imagine to be the most beautiful/handsome person on the ASOIAF planet, living or dead?

Horatz

It seems that Val and Melisandre turn more heads than teenage Daenerys.

But maybe that will change when Dany blooms into full womanhood.

It's implied in the prophecy that adult Dany will be more beautiful than Cersei, and prime Cersei was the most beautiful woman of her time.

It's implied in the prophecy than a more beautiful queen will take Cersei's place, it doesn't necessarily refer to Daenerys though (it could be Margaery, or Sansa for example). The problem with considering Dany the most beautiful woman in the world is that most of the people who say that have never actually met her.

• 11 months later...

Cersei was beautiful - a bombshell, a woman of every man's dreams. But her beauty was not striking enough for King Robert to forget the beautiful dead Lyanna. Her dream Prince she wanted to marry also choose Lyanna. Only Jaime remained enticed of her beauty (I think it's narcissism 'coz it was said they were so much alike) until Brienne the Beauty came along.

Sansa was described to be beautiful, and soon, even more beautiful than her mother. She's not yet a full grown woman but she's already tall with figure to die for. A perfect candidate for any beauty pageant, I say. Her beauty can tamed a mean dog, cause a lion to be honorable, and make a cunning man lose his wits. I guess someday, she'll shame Cersei for holding a title of the most beautiful woman in ASOIAF.

Dany possessed the inhuman beauty of the Targaryens - the most beautiful woman in the world, as people say in Essos. After the ADWD, I dunno :laugh: . Whoops! Sorry your Radiance, me so bad, don't burn me.

It seems that Val and Melisandre turn more heads than teenage Daenerys.

But maybe that will change when Dany blooms into full womanhood.

It's implied in the prophecy that adult Dany will be more beautiful than Cersei, and prime Cersei was the most beautiful woman of her time.

the prophecy could also have been talking about margaery, who actually is the queen and has replaced cersei as the official queen.

On the show, the most attractive female character for me is definitely Margaery...I mean Natalie Dormer...nuff said.

In the books though, I gotta say I find Asha attractive...as much as I can a fictional character from reading a book only attractive anyway. Val too though her personality isn't as fleshed out imo. Those types of women are definitely more interesting to me personally than the "conventional beautiful" types like Cersei, Sansa/Catelyn, etc.

As far as men...I don't swing that way but I like to think young Robert and Renly would have been quite handsome guys, hell even Stannis before going bald probably wasn't bad looking. As a tall athletically built man with dark hair, blue eyes and a square face I kind of like to think women like that look so I could be biased...

Canon wise, Dany and Lyanna for the ladies' side. Possibly Sansa and hell, maybe even Arya once she grows up and cleans up a bit. Cersei would be but her personality... :ack:

On the guys' side in Canon: Rhaegar was said to be quite hot. He had the Cersinator droolin'. Renly was said to be a bit of a looker.

Personal Preference: On the ladies' side, i like the description of Lyanna. Catelyn sounded pretty attractive for a mum. Arianne sounded pretty spicy.

On the side of the dudes, Jaqen H'ghar. :drool: Ned gets special mention. Possibly Jon Snow (when hes all grown...yeah man). Rhaegar, yes please. Aurane Waters sounds a bit mouth watering. Darkstar got Arianne's attention and he got mine.

Wait, am I the only one to find Mance sexy? Also Rhaegar, Jaime and probably Gendry in a decade or so.

As for the women, I'd like to see how Dany will grow into womanhood. Her relatively fair skin could wrinkle fast with all that sun. I like to imagine her with a paler, more ethereal look than in the show (the actress is very pretty, but doesn't even remotely look like someone who could have that hair color naturally, and that kills it for me. There are very beautiful Scandinavian and Dutch women with very fair hair and the appropriate coloring, why couldn't they pick one of those?) I like the classical look, so probably Catelyn and Sansa. Margaery sounded pretty in the books (in a girl-next-door sort of way) but I didn't find the actress attractive at all and the image stayed with me.

Archived