Game of Thrones International Airing Info

Werthead

At the moment Game of Thrones is known to be airing on the following channels in the following countries:

Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru & Venezuela

HBO Latin America.

Asian Territories

HBO Asia in certain countries (unconfirmed so far).

Australia

On Showcase for Foxtel and Austar, possibly in July 2011.

Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia & Slovenia,

HBO Central Europe in April 2011.

Canada

HBO Canada, on 17 April 2011.

Denmark, Finland, Norway & Sweden

Canal +, possibly in Spring 2011 after the American premiere.

France

Originally announced as Orange, although some sources are now saying Canal+.

Israel

DBS.

South Africa

M-Net (channel DStv 110).

Spain

Initally on Canal+ starting on 9 May 2011, then six to twelve months later on Nitro, the new free-to-air channel from A3.

United Kingdom

Sky Atlantic, starting on 18 April 2011, the day after the American premiere.

United States

Sunday evenings on HBO, starting on 17 April 2011.

If you hear other information, please post it here and I'll update this first post.

Edited by Werthead

According to Canal+ Sweden's website, Spring 2011 is what they're shooting for for the series. Hoping to get more precise information, or at least specific confirmation from them, in the next week or two.

Kenny, I'm sure it will, but no information on international territories as of yet.

HBO plans to help publicize air dates in foreign territories, BTW, a clear sign that they recognize that the buzz for the show is international.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't see this anywhere else in the Forum so maybe the info just isn't out yet but does anyone know if HBO will offer it on hbogo.com? I don't really feel like subscribing to satellite again and then to HBO also since I already have Hulu and Netflicks.

• 2 weeks later...

This appears to be true. What I would like is a way to subscribe to HBO only. Going through cable providers is not the way to do that, however (they would never let me pick and choose what programming I want in a package, not to mention subscribing to only one channel). I would gladly pay for an online version though (HBO GO). My current options right now for watching the show (I am in the U.S.) are to download illegally (which I don't want to do, for multiple reasons) or to make friends with somebody that has HBO and hang out with them every Sunday night. Anybody got any other ideas?

I'm excited that Bulgaria is listed, but unfortunately the HBO Bulgaria site is not very informative. Not a single result on the search for Game of Thrones, no way to confirm that it will air on 17th... If it does, perhaps me and my friends who are fans will gather to watch it on a big-ass HDTV ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone served by HBO Latin America (also covers the Caribbean), or know anyone who is? I had a report that May 8 was the premiere date in those territories, but I can't get a confirmation.