What if...

NW Deserter

Oh I completely misread that...you said robb, not robert, hah.

In that case, the Starks would have a huge advantage over the Lannisters as far as geographic influence and number of men. I doubt Renly would ever claim the crown. Stannis still would, and for all we know Robb might declare for him with the Tyrell's council. I see disaster for the Lannisters, however it plays out.

What if...Lady and Nymeria made it all the way to KL?

Lady would probably just be killed when Sansa was captured. Arya would flee with Nymeria, but having the wolf at her side would give her away and she would probably be captured somewhere inside the city - so then she's the Lannisters' hostage right beside Sansa. Harrenhal would remain in Lannister hands with no Weasel soup incident.

What if Daenerys didn't bring one of her dragons with her into the House of the Undying?

Lady would probably just be killed when Sansa was captured. Arya would flee with Nymeria, but having the wolf at her side would give her away and she would probably be captured somewhere inside the city - so then she's the Lannisters' hostage right beside Sansa. Harrenhal would remain in Lannister hands with no Weasel soup incident.

What if Daenerys didn't bring one of her dragons with her into the House of the Undying?

i'm not sure. IIRC they only were touching her, not attacking her. but i think she still would have gotten out. maybe just clocked a couple of them.

on the other question, I forgot what exactly was in that will, but i think Cersei would have still found a way to overturn it. Something like he wasn't in the right mind.

What would have happened if Sansa doesn't tell Cersei( or was it Joffrey) that she's leaving Kings Landing.

i'm not sure. IIRC they only were touching her, not attacking her. but i think she still would have gotten out. maybe just clocked a couple of them.

on the other question, I forgot what exactly was in that will, but i think Cersei would have still found a way to overturn it. Something like he wasn't in the right mind.

What would have happened if Sansa doesn't tell Cersei( or was it Joffrey) that she's leaving Kings Landing.

Sansa will be in High Garden, Lysa Tulley will still be alive IMO, and Little Robert will be more spoiled.

What if Tyrion isn't born a dwarf?

I think we've discussed what would happen regarding Sansa in another thread. I think the primary difference would be that she would be at Winterfell when it is sacked by Theon and later by the Boltons. Probably a worse outcome than she has actually suffered. Ned would still be dead and the war would still have happened. It's a toss up whether they could have gotten Ned to confess without his kids actually hostage.

Ooops, forgot my what if...

What if Mel never came to Westeros, or what if she was allowed at the Battle of Blackwater?

I think we've discussed what would happen regarding Sansa in another thread. I think the primary difference would be that she would be at Winterfell when it is sacked by Theon and later by the Boltons. Probably a worse outcome than she has actually suffered. Ned would still be dead and the war would still have happened. It's a toss up whether they could have gotten Ned to confess without his kids actually hostage.

Ooops, forgot my what if...

What if Mel never came to Westeros, or what if she was allowed at the Battle of Blackwater?

We don't really know the extent of Mel's power, assuming that she's really that powerful, she could have helped control the wildfire trap, reducing the damage done to Stanis's fleet, and King's landing will be sorely tested, conqured even.

What if Gregor didn't burn Sandor's face off?

What if Gregor didn't burn Sandor's face off?

Sandor would have been the galant true knight that was always struggling to escape the embittered dog we all know and love and because of this Arya would be dead because he would have stayed at kings landing.

What if Areya hadn't studied 'needlework'?

I was just thinking this last night as I re read a Game of Thrones.

What if...Ned had listened to Varys and sent Loras to kill the Mountain like Loras requested.

I personally think it would have been a huge boon to House Stark as either Loras killed the Mountain and the realm rejoiced, or the Mountain killed Loras and the Tyrell's are now enemies of House Lannister for murdering their favored son.

What if Tyrion isn't born a dwarf?

Seems like your question got lost here, so I'll give it a go -

If his mother still died giving birth to him, there may still be some resentment from Tywin and Cersei, though probably not as much (since at least she died for a normal son, not just an ugly dwarf). He probably wouldn't have needed the services of whores to get laid, so there would be no Tysha or Shae situations. He probably wouldn't be as clever as his physical form forced him to be (maybe more of a warrior type like Jaime), so there might not be the changes made to the political landscape of King's Landing that his maneuvering brought about. There might not have been the chain and wildfire at the Battle of the Blackwater, either, so Stannis may have taken King's Landing and the throne. Then Tyrion and all the other Lannisters would likely be dead.

I'm pretty sure she would either have died as the Undying feasted on her flesh and life force (I'm pretty sure it said some of them started to bite her), or maybe become one of the Undying herself. She was overwhelmed by the visions, and only snapped out of it when Drogon attacked the big freaky heart.

What if Aegon the Conqueror never landed on Westeros?

The Seven Kingdoms remain separate from each other. Hundreds of years later, they're still fighting with each other or not depending on the political climate and who the rulers are. The Targaryens maintain their seat on Dragonstone, and with their dragons, everyone in Westeros tries to enlist their aid as allies. The end.

What if Jon's true parentage (assuming that it was indeed R+L=J) was revealed despite Ned's promise to his sister?

What if Jon's true parentage (assuming that it was indeed R+L=J) was revealed despite Ned's promise to his sister?

Robert finds out and wants to kill Jon, causing an a rift between him and Ned. Arryn tries to talk Robert out of it, also pissing Robert off, who decides to make Tywin his hand instead. Ned sends Jon away for his own protection. His first option is to send him to the house with the Red Door to be with his siblings, but Viscerys and the old knight who protects them find that they want to have nothing to do with him. As they see the whole R and L saga as the source of the problem. Not to mention the Starks were part of the rebellion. This sentiment is shared by Dorne. So Ned sends Jon into Tyrell lands, as Riverrun, Winterfell and the Vale, would be too obvious. Thus when Cersei has Jaime kill after Robert finding out his children are products of twincest, it is Jon and the Knight of the Flowers who march on Kingslanding. With a still alive Ned raising his own banners in support of his nephew.

What if Littlefinger had been married to Lysa Tully when they were young, just like Lysa wanted?

What if Littlefinger had been married to Lysa Tully when they were young, just like Lysa wanted?

Lord Hoster Tully still supports Robert and Ned despite not having Lysa wed to Jon Arryn, since Ned is still wed to Catelyn. The War of the Usurper goes as it did, and Robert still ascends to the Iron Throne. However, without Littlefinger, the finances of the kingdom suffer as Jon Arryn is unable to stop Robert from drinking and whoring away all of the wealth that Aerys left behind.

Also, without Littlefinger weaving his own web, Jon Arryn is able to successfully expose the incestuous relationship between Cersei and her brother. Robert has her, Jaime, and all 3 of their children killed, rousing Tywin and Tyrion to raise the banners of the West and head to war. However, Renly then succeeds in getting Robert to marry Margaery Tyrell, thus securing the support of the Tyrells and the South. He then calls on Ned to call the banners of the North- Ned in turn is able to use his marriage to Catelyn to get the support of House Tully and the riverlands. Of course, Jon rallies the banners of the East to aid his king. With just about every other kingdom rallied against them, House Lannister is crushed, though it is not a quick war due to the combined cunning of Tywin and his last remaining son.

House Lannister is extinguished, and Renly is named the new Warden of the West, which lets Robert appease Stannis by giving him Storm's End and its lands.

What if Edmure did not successfully hold off Lord Tywin's forces at the ford, thus allowing him to head back west?

If that's the case, then only GRRM is really qualified to answer this.

What if Dany hadn't stopped in Slaver's Bay?

What if Edmure did not successfully hold off Lord Tywin's forces at the ford, thus allowing him to head back west?

Then Robb's and Brynden's plan would have come to fruition. They would have harassed Tywin's army to exhaustion, and then they would have had Edmure block the Red Fork if Tywin would have tried to go back to King's Landing. Maybe a few of Tywin's most useful bannermen (Gregor) would have been killed.

On the other hand, Littlefinger would have still succeeded in swaying the Tyrells, and Stannis would have still lost, but maybe the battle would have taken its toll on the Tyrell strength as well. This still would have left Robb in a difficult position, unless he managed to capture Tywin.

My question from the previous post stands.

If that's the case, then only GRRM is really qualified to answer this.

What if Dany hadn't stopped in Slaver's Bay?

Without the unsullied she would probably being still wandering around the world looking for some army/ships. Eventually she'd probably being attacked by a stronger force (other dothraki or other raider) and enslaved/killed. She'd probably killed her dragons in order to avoid them to became of someone else.

My question...

What if Oberyn Martell would have survived the fight against the Mountain?

Archived