A couple of issues.

julandro

My English is bad. I'll try to explain adequately to understand.

I've been reading on other sites on the possible changes that will take the series. This is where I think I'm not in favor of making changes. The creators of the series can do very well if they will get some changes.

Examples

In the series "The Pillars of the Earth" from Starz, we have seen, for example, as shown by an incestuous relationship between William and his mother Regan. Then I ask myself "HBO can do the same with Cersei and his son Joffrey, in the coming seasons? I do not care, even seems to me morbid.

Now wondering

Do they believe it will make some changes similar to other series?

Well they are not going to have an incestuous relationship between Cersei and Joffrey anyhow. Entertainment Weekly said something about there been more than 1 incestuous relationship in GoT and people have kept bringing up Cersei and Joffrey since. Its crazy. :)

I think that what EW meant with more than 1 incestuous relationship was

Spoiler
Cersei and Lancel

And they wouldn't have Cersei in a relationship with Joffrey. In ACOK, she clearly still thinks that Joffrey isn't even interested in sex.

"Entertainment Weekly said the series will have more of an incestuous relationship?

Well they are not going to have an incestuous relationship between Cersei and Joffrey anyhow. Entertainment Weekly said something about there been more than 1 incestuous relationship in GoT and people have kept bringing up Cersei and Joffrey since. Its crazy. :)

I could mean Cersei and Lancel, but it could mean the violent sexual undertones that we see coming from Viserys (to Dany).

I don't see it being Cersei and Joffrey, though. I always thought Cersei loved her son unconditionally, but not "in that way."

Let's see peers. Cersei and Lancel are cousins, and assumes that they both practice incest. I think I should not count because it's in the book.

A change would be for example a Cersei and Joffrey incest, or between Daenerys and Viserys. However, Padraig has reason. I do not think that HBO go so far with a very taboo subject

A change would be for example a Cersei and Joffrey incest, or between Daenerys and Viserys. However, Padraig has reason. I do not think that HBO go so far with a very taboo subject

No, HBO would definitely go there if it made a good story. But I don't think they'll go the Cersei/Joffrey route. The may play up the Viserys/Dany relationship a bit though, possibly more than his rough semi-sexual abuse in the novels.

No, HBO would definitely go there if it made a good story. But I don't think they'll go the Cersei/Joffrey route.

Exactly. It just doesn't make sense at all.

I think EW could have meant Dany-Viserys. Its also possible that EW could simply have misunderstood the story. The historical background to the Targaryens is laden with incest. They may not have fully understood that such practices are in the past (more or less).

The theme of incest is very difficult to treat. Lately we are seeing some series, not cut in showing some incestuous relationships. It is becoming trendy. Examples:

Showtime will premiere a series called The Borgia.

The TV channel Starz, has "the pillars of the earth " and now HBO, as in his day spent with the series Rome (Octavian / Octavia) will launch Game of Thrones.

When this means of communication "Entertainment Weekly" said that if there will be more incestuous relationships, means that HBO can go far.

On page "Winter is coming" there are many comments that talk about a possible incestuous relationship between mother and son (Joffrey / Cersei). But others counter that this is impossible, and argues that it would be madness.

Why do some people think that HBO will invent another incestuous relationship?

If HBO wants to seek new horizons to forward transgressive, dark stories, I think that incest between brothers, is not enough.

HBO is trying to tell a very good story. It doesn't shy away from dark stories but that doesn't mean that it will add controversial elements for the sake of it. Especially if those elements don't make any sense story-wise. The producers have been very faithful to the story so far. I can be 99.9% sure that they wouldn't make that major change.

I don't believe anyone actually honestly thinks that HBO will invent this incestuous relationship. Its speculation. People love to speculate.

HBO is trying to tell a very good story. It doesn't shy away from dark stories but that doesn't mean that it will add controversial elements for the sake of it. Especially if those elements don't make any sense story-wise. The producers have been very faithful to the story so far. I can be 99.9% sure that they wouldn't make that major change.

I don't believe anyone actually honestly thinks that HBO will invent this incestuous relationship. Its speculation. People love to speculate.

:agree:

Does anyone else want to see an incestuous relationship between Joffrey and Cersei?

Please, I hope that is not alone. I am not a troll. I'm curious to ask people.

I don't want to and I am pretty sure we won't see it either.

Archived