"The Name of the Wind"

me399

Oh, I see. The joke's on me, then.

I'll just have look into that earlier discussion, I guess, and see what I can find out about the name.

I'm guessing you page numbers are from the paperback. Anyway, it's almost certainly editing. The same discrepancy appears in the Kindle version, and presumably the HC, but I'm too lazy to confirm it.

• 5 months later...

Im like 400 pages into NOTW and IDK I enjoyed the first 150 pages or so but I've lost complete interest in the story since he got to the academy. I usually always finish something when I start it so I'll probably tough it out but as of now I have no motivation to continue :(

Im like 400 pages into NOTW and IDK I enjoyed the first 150 pages or so but I've lost complete interest in the story since he got to the academy. I usually always finish something when I start it so I'll probably tough it out but as of now I have no motivation to continue :(

If it hasn't grabbed you by now, I say drop it. Plenty of fish in the sea and all that...

If the University stuff is boring then there might be a problem since most of the rest of book 1 and half (maybe a bit less) of book 2 are set there.

If it hasn't grabbed you by now, I say drop it. Plenty of fish in the sea and all that...

I really loved Rothfuss' style, but I agree with this. Unless you feel compelled to finish what you've started, you might as well start something new.

I had a similar but milder reaction to you. It may be worth getting through as I found the sequel to be a lot more enjoyable as it didn't seem to have as much time focused on Hogwarts.

There's no rush to finish it though you could always try again when book three comes out.

Hogwarts

Why not the School for Wizards from Le Guin's Earthsea cyle? The magic with Naming is pretty similar in both series. I don't think The Name of the Wind has anything to do with Harry Potter.

Why not the School for Wizards from Le Guin's Earthsea cyle? The magic with Naming is pretty similar in both series. I don't think The Name of the Wind has anything to do with Harry Potter.

Because the only magic school I'm familiar with is Harry Potter's. I can only compare it to what I know and I'm only comparing the magic school aspect not the whole series.

Archived