The Good Wife

Datepalm

I just marathoned the final six episodes last night and I'm glad how well the show ended. One of the better seasons of any show on TV in recent memory.

Been following TGW since the pilot and it's one of those rare shows on network TV that just keeps getting better. (The only other show like that which I can think off is Fringe.)

And I'm glad it's been pulling in solid ratings as well, which means it's not going to disappear anytime soon.

Anybody else wonder if they're ever going to introduce a plot of Alicia running for some office herself? Its been brought up a few times this season, with how popular she it, etc, and it fits if Hillary Clinton is one of the inspirations of the whole thing, and it might broaden out Alicia's personality a bit - don't get me wrong, I think she's awesome, but it seems like a natural arc. Moving further and further out from her husband and from defining herself only as his wife or her childrens mother (especially as they grow up) and the dillemma that she has that option in the first place becuase she was his wife first. Iin contrast with, say, Diane, who fought her way up and never had a family, but is also probably seen as some harsh feminazi for it, while Alicia (and Peter) can do the "all american family" thing, or Kalinda, who brazenly uses personal relashionships for anything and everything, but refuses to settle even into any relashionship, nevermind the traditional monogamous marriage.)

^ That could be a possible story arc especially now that Eli is bringing his business into the firm, which could lead to the further development of his relationship with Alicia.

What's immediately on my mind for Season 3 though is Peter vs. Alicia. That should be a very interesting start to next season. I don't particularly care about the romantic subplot (Alicia + Will). The politics, scheming and maneuvering are what I enjoy the most about the show.

Anybody else wonder if they're ever going to introduce a plot of Alicia running for some office herself? Its been brought up a few times this season, with how popular she it, etc, and it fits if Hillary Clinton is one of the inspirations of the whole thing, and it might broaden out Alicia's personality a bit - don't get me wrong, I think she's awesome, but it seems like a natural arc. Moving further and further out from her husband and from defining herself only as his wife or her childrens mother (especially as they grow up) and the dillemma that she has that option in the first place becuase she was his wife first. Iin contrast with, say, Diane, who fought her way up and never had a family, but is also probably seen as some harsh feminazi for it, while Alicia (and Peter) can do the "all american family" thing, or Kalinda, who brazenly uses personal relashionships for anything and everything, but refuses to settle even into any relashionship, nevermind the traditional monogamous marriage.)

A political career for Alicia wouldn't surprise me in the least...I also won't be surprised if Season 3 plays that subplot throughout it's run to gear up for Season 4...

I'm catching up on the second half of the season and wow, is it odd to see warnings for black ice in the morning after a 95+ degree day...

Anyhoo, love love love Matt Czuchry (Carey) and that Kalinda/Blake hotel rendezvous was violently hot. (don't judge me. i heart kalinda). So I'm watching the only episode I had already partially seen, the killer with the song. Oddly enough I didn't know about the big Peter/Kalinda reveal at that point. I love this show. I do.

Still a good pass mark for the end of season. Alecia-Will doesn't hold my interest much even though I enjoy watching the two characters. I guess this needed to happen for Alecia and it'll be interesting to see where she will go from here - i hope it is politics. Loved the elevator scene - truly thought it wasn't going to happen.

I liked how they revealed Peter as the insider (thought it was Carey myself) and it was a nice touch showing him considering the matter closed once the client reunited with his wife and son. For all his straying beyond his marriage vows he still comes across as one who doesn't want to see an innocent man go to jail if he can help it.

I still wonder at how Kalinda preferred to stay put when she found out she would be working for Peter. The obvious reason would be it would ruin any hope of salvaging her friendship with Alecia (which clearly means a lot to both women*) but maybe there is some other reason for it and we can look forward to it next season.

*this show has me vested in the relationship of two women with nothing salacious about it.

*this show has me vested in the relationship of two women with nothing salacious about it.

I know exactly what you mean, and am in total agreement. What a fantastic show to have smart, well-rounded female characters in whom their female audience is invested, and yet not have it be cheesy. (I can't speak for the male audience, but I do know men are watching too)

• 4 months later...

As we're going on show 4 I thought it time to again comment on this unsung (in this forum) show.

Although i'm still enjoying the quality (compared to many other shows out there) I'm not sure how I feel about this season yet. I don't know if I think it's as strong as the previous seasons or whether I'm just trying to get used to her new bangs. :dunno:

I've just watched the last three episodes of The Good Wife and my most prevalent thought is "Why the heck hasn't Alan Cumming won for his work on this show yet?!"

Then I realize that he was up against John Lithgow for his work in Dexter and then he was up against Peter Dinklage for his work on Game of Thrones. And then he'll probably lose again to Aaron Paul next year for Paul's work on Breaking Bad.

Oh well.

His work as Eli Gold is still amazing on this show, which is really really good too in its own right.

I have been taping this to watch later in the year.

But someone, explain the bangs. Did she get too close to a candle? She's hiding the scar she received when Voldemort's death curse rebounded?

What?

I personally think she looks better with the bangs. It's just a style.

Okay. More or less caught up.

There seems to be a lot of different pieces being laid out and every single one points to an aspect of Peter running for Governor. The only question is how the show will turn these things on their collective ears, because I refuse to believe they're going to be as simple as his daughter's tutor being weird in videos posted online...

And I'd like to thank Archie Panjabi for staying so hot...

• 4 weeks later...

WHY are they sticking Kalinda into another melodramatic will-they-won't-they bisexual sexcapades plotline?! Seriously, you have come up with this great character, and thats all you can think to do with her? Can't she just team up with Eli and fight crime or something?

Other than that fairly minor nitpick, i'm really enjoying this season. (It took me a while to get over the bangs, but i'm ok with it now.) Everyone is interesting to watch. (Even Will, though he's still the bottom of the list.) Eli and Kalinda is obvious, but I find myself totally loving Diane this season for some reason, as well as Alicia vs. Jackie and even really curious to see where the Grace's weird tutor story is going. Oh, and Carey. Yeah, ok, I mean, I could watch him smile sheepishly while reading the phonebook and not mind much, but he's got plot and stuff too!

Okay. Just making sure. I missed at least one, if not two episodes early in the year due to football running over and not having my DVR adjusted to compensate for that.

They're obviously setting everything up for Season 4 which will be all about the Gubnetorial Run...

• 1 month later...

Yes! Diane is awesome. When it started at the museum I was like...finally, a Diane episode! Kind of disjointed as an episode, but its great to have Elsbeth Tassioni (who is that actress?!) back, and OMG, well balanced grown up Carey is even hotter than frustrated immature Carey. I was dissapointed David Lee didn't spend the whole episode dressed like a pirate or whatever that was though.

Archived