The Good Wife

Datepalm

I mean in terms of them not mentioning it this long, if they actually previously know eachother. I just assume he's trying to hit that (which I respect. I would want to hit that too) with no particular backstory.

I mean in terms of them not mentioning it this long, if they actually previously know eachother. I just assume he's trying to hit that (which I respect. I would want to hit that too) with no particular backstory.

I'm okay if that's all it is too. But I'm also not going to be surprised if it were to come out that they did have a relationship in the past.

I had no idea that Good Wife was a bubble show for CBS and possibly might not return, though the Yahoo article I'm reading indicates it'll likely be back. That it was even a question surprised me. Then again, we're somehow not on our 13th thread about the show either...

• 3 weeks later...

Caught up on last week and last night.

What a great couple weeks. That the flowed around one another...very well done.

The ensemble of this cast remains one of its greatest strengths.

So many questions going forward: What's up with the second investigator. She's too smart for her own good. How will it effect Kalinda, as she seemed quite chummy (if sneaky) around her this week. What did she say to the one guy at the docks (or wherever they were)? Diane to the bench? Cary, is he still leaving? It was odd that he was driving that way, but then there's his dad with a plot to get Cary a partner's seat. Will they finally let Will move on at the moment?

And the Governor's race...I gotta say I was surprised, but pleased, that Matthew Perry was able to reprised his sleazy candidate position. His working for NBC I thought would keep that from happening any more. Peter's solution to the machinations of his opponent during the dinner? Brilliant!

Lol, great episode. I love the ones that have something nasty happening with a helping of humor. Peter punching Matthew Perry, Zach's expression while his grandmother explains about the men of Bali, Alicia's eyeroll when the police say they're investigating, all the flashbacks to the murdered guy...

Carey seems like a wildcard right now...and I wonder what will happen with Diane. I wonder if that's where they're planning on wrapping it up? Peter elected governor and Diane off to be judge...and probably Alicia back with Will as like a consolation prize or something. They were always kind of boring together, and still are.

This is one of my favourite shows ever. I loved the Matthew Perry Chris Noth bathroom scene. Peter is a badass.

It would break my heart if they cancel this show. But it seems many shows I like (well written, intelligent, interesting characters) go the way of the do do to make more room for cheap reality shows. :ack:

Yes, I was totally cheering her on. Still, if thats the best that Kalinda can dig up on her, she's pretty squeaky clean.

Sigh, I see Will/Alicia stumbling, golem-like, back into the room. I mean, they've set up Will as the passionate choice and Peter as the sensible, mature, keep-the-family together choice...and then they went and made it more complicated, which was interesting. Peter/Alicia is consistently interesting. Maybe not a good idea, if you're her therapist or something, but not boooooring, like Will. On the other hand, I do feel like it's all up in the air now (usually in love triangles, you actually know who it's going to be, really, and it's just going through the motions.)

Okay. Caught up.

The most recent episode played as though the writers were barreling towards a end of the season resolution if there wasn't going to be a season five. Now how will it play out in the end? I hope Diane isn't gone.

This show really does do the best with it's cavalcade of guest stars and tertiary characters, don't they?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank god, it wasn't Will. That it was going to be Carey was kind of obvious, but at least it wasn't Will.

Peter, what the hell? Lazy moral copout with making the election a slide so it didn't matter about the ballot stuffing.

Woah, the Jackie plot...I guess that's something that will be carrying over into next season, and I could see being really interesting and unusual, but she's been around so little that it felt a little wtf to give it such a major presence in the finale.

Thank god, it wasn't Will. That it was going to be Carey was kind of obvious, but at least it wasn't Will.

Peter, what the hell? Lazy moral copout with making the election a slide so it didn't matter about the ballot stuffing.

Woah, the Jackie plot...I guess that's something that will be carrying over into next season, and I could see being really interesting and unusual, but she's been around so little that it felt a little wtf to give it such a major presence in the finale.

I'll give the writer's a little bit of credit...when Alicia was waiting in the apartment, I still thought it was going to be Will, but creepy Collin Sweeny was going to show up to her door to "convince" her to go with Carey, leaving it in a cliffhanger...

That episode was great because a lot of it was obviously framed with bringing back as many favorites as possible in case it had been the final episode...

They've left a number of plot lines dangling, so it'll be interesting to see where it goes...

Who's going to take Diane's seat at the table...

Going to be fun next year!

Well, it took us a while to get to Florick, Agos & Associates but it was always meant to be...

This season did not start all that well but they really turned back to form in the second half. I have high hopes for next year: they finally changed the basic setup and should have plenty new ground to cover.

I bet they go against Will quite often. Not sure where Kalinda will end up, but it would be fun if she stays on the other side as well.

I bet it's going to seem like theres exactly two law firms in Chicago.

Certainly looking forward to a shakeup. I think another season of status quo would have started feeling like a loop. Here's hoping for a bit of expansion of the cast - there should be new faces at Agos&Florrick, at least.

I bet it's going to seem like theres exactly two law firms in Chicago.

lol...I can see that. I do like their "rogues gallery" quite a bit though. I hope we don't lose their usual opponents.

And it's Florrick & Agos. Alicia gets first billing.

lol...I can see that. I do like their "rogues gallery" quite a bit though. I hope we don't lose their usual opponents.

And it's Florrick & Agos. Alicia gets first billing.

Is there another network show that does guest supporting cast better or more consistently?

Archived