NFL Thread 12

Rhom

I agree with most of what you wrote, but neither of those players will get a sniff of the HoF.

Ware in 6 years has 80 sacks, 5 Pro Bowls, and on the all-2000's team. Witten has 617 catches in 8 years, the fastest TE in history to reach 600. He's been to 7 pro bowls. They are both only 28.

You would think so, and while we have sworn to hate each other for a few hours during the game, the aftermath isn't as bad. But since neither of us like the Steelers, there is no silver lining to a loss here!

That fumble was insane. I was like "The whistle hasn't blown, why is everyone just standing around staring at a loose ball?" Good for that guy on realizing it. Rather look stupid for taking a dead ball into the endzone than miss a possible TD!

That fumble was insane. I was like "The whistle hasn't blown, why is everyone just standing around staring at a loose ball?" Good for that guy on realizing it. Rather look stupid for taking a dead ball into the endzone than miss a possible TD!

And that never looks stupid, it just looks like a player trying their best to win...and with the sound like it is in that stadium right now, you can't be blamed for not hearing a whistle.

I feel like my head's going to pop. I bet every Ravens and Steelers fan feels the same. So intense.

Thats pretty close :)

Filled with trepidacious joy at the moment!

edit - hoooly shit! looks like Steelers are starting to crumble a wee bit. Nice one by Flacco under pressure to get the 1st. down!

How to beat the Patriots by Eric Mangini

The Patriots are the best team at not beating themselves. What's often overlooked is the fact that most games in the league are lost, not won.

New England doesn't lose the game, and they're really good at capitalizing on other people's mistakes. That's huge.

It all seems simple, but it's not. I lived it for so long when I coached for Bill Belichick in New England. There's always this starting point: Don't lose the game. Don't put yourself in a position defensively or offensively where you're giving away plays.

The key component for us in our win over the Patriots was our ability to run the ball and have long drives and not have the self-inflicted wounds.

The reports of our demise were... premature.

The game is over; Ravens are going to the AFC Championship game. There is no way the Steelers can come back from this. The ravens are the superior team in every discernible way, most notably protecting the ball. even though the Steelers closed the gap, its simply the calm before the storm. There is no way that the Ravens- well coached and filled with tremendous players -can blow this game. It will not happen.

And as far as you know this is not an attempt to jinx the Ravens. At all.

Archived