NFL Thread 12

Rhom

Are you scared of the Ravens? I'm confused, why would you want to jinx them as opposed to the Steelers?

Because the Patriots always seem to beat the Steelers no matter how good of a Steelers team. Ravens meanwhile always seem to play the Pats tougher and killed 'em last year in the playoffs in Foxborough.

Yeah, fair enough, I suppose. I dunno. I think the Ravens are a better team this year, but I usually root for the Steelers in this matchup; this year, I just can't, between wanting Harbaugh to get some cred and wanting Roethlisberger to lose.

Also, fuck! Dan Dierdorf.

Because the Patriots always seem to beat the Steelers no matter how good of a Steelers team. Ravens meanwhile always seem to play the Pats tougher and killed 'em last year in the playoffs in Foxborough.

DING DING DING DING!

But this would be if I were trying to jinx the Ravens. I am not. The Ravens are just a superior team that has already won this game. They might as well start printing their tickets to Dallas as we speak. I can see the Disney Commercial now. Why are we even trying?

Haha!

At this point I'm rooting for Pittsburg just so I can see Rockroi's post-game explanation.

... you do know what a reverse jinx is, right?

Man, this is obnoxious.

"You said they weren't playing Steeler football, they sure are now."... MY ASS. The first half was about mistakes by the Steelers; this quarter has been about mistakes by the Ravens. The Steelers don't really have anything to do with it.

*mod helmet* Gentle reminder to all that we strongly discourage using long blocks of quoted text in a post. Lengthy quotes can make a thread less easy and enjoyable to read. We also will not allow quoting a whole article or other written work (with the possible exception when the linked material is only a few sentences in length). Fair use allows for short extracts but whole articles or significant portions thereof are not appropriate.

If you have an article you want to share link to it. Its what the link feature is for, people. If you wish use the quote feature to point out a few highlights or to show why the linked material is relevant and worth reading. This is a standard that has been around for as long as I've been a member of these boards. Many may have forgotten about it because its been a long time since we've encountered the need to enforce it. Basically use common sense, just as with most of the guidelines we have around here. If you chose to use excessively long quotes do not be surprised to find that your post has been edited to short or eliminate them. Thank You. */mod helmet*

This game has lived up to all expectations. Once again will come down to one play to decide it and there's too many likely suspects to guess who's gonna make it.

Agree, this has been a good one. Sloppy, rather than well-played, but an interesting, entertaining game.

ETA: Wow, how do you give up that play there? Though, probably better than giving them the ability to run out the clock and kick an FG, but still. That was a long-yardage play, gotta get a stop.

Archived