New "Iron Throne" Trailer

Really well done.

The Iron Throne is a slightly toned-down version of the Komarck art, which is the best ever. Having Jaime in the same pose as in the Komarck art was brilliant.

I'm still amazed at how well the casting is working for me.

I love the shot of Littlefinger... for some reason, I never thought that they'd include him in a teaser like this, seeing as how we don't realize what a major player he's going to be until Ned's fall. But his line was great, and that look he gave the camera gave me goosebumps... chilling! Its like for one moment the friendly, harmless mask slips off, and we catch a glimpse of his true face-- treacherous and sinister.

I also loved:

The shot of Danerys on the Iron throne-- she looked so gorgeous.

Robert's scary (but accurate) line about fear keeping the peace.

The amazing shot of Jamie and Cersei's faces together.

I love the shot of Littlefinger... for some reason, I never thought that they'd include him in a teaser like this, seeing as how we don't realize what a major player he's going to be until Ned's fall.

I imagine they are trying to appeal to fans of The Wire.

Absolutely amazing. This is perfect - this is EXACTLY the type of trailer I wanted to see, I think it will interest people who haven't read the books. Love the dark dramatic feel, and such a good idea to have all the characters seated on the throne!

Watched this for the first time on the bus and got some odd looks, as I made an involuntary squeeing sound when I saw Littlefinger, and Jon and Ghost. Oh, and Jaime.

The next 3 months are going to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.......

Excuse while I go find my mind... I think that trailer just blew it.

So. Fucking. Intense.

Loved: playing up Jaime/Cersei angle, how totally badass Jon looked with Ghost, Cersei's caressing hold of the dagger, Dany looking positively ethereal in that closeup shot and Aiden Gillen utterly nailing Littlefinger's expression.

Easily my favorite preview so far.

Christ, I haven't been this psyched for a production since Fellowship of the Ring came out. April can't come soon enough for me.

Given tweets I see, I think this worked for the audience it was really intended for: people who know nothing about the series and weren't interested in watching 10 minutes of behind-the-scene footage, and so have pretty much skipped prior promotions. This is a moody, atmospheric piece that's there to intrigue folks, and it seems like it worked pretty well. :)

The earlier stuff was aimed more to the cognoscenti, I think; not entirely, but ... more. I think their approach has been to start narrow (uber-fans) and then start widening their promotion more and more. I suspect they don't want to give people not invested in the series a reason to feel fatigue before it's ever aired.

Yes. I loved it.

Ill kill the bloody lot of them until you and i are the only ones left on this world?

I loved that line. Great way to end it. Especially since Jaime did say something like it in the books.

Ok, I must be the only one who didn't enjoy that trailer. Like I said on GRRM's blog, found it just creepy and strange over all.

I suppose that's the advantage of having multiple teasers. Hopefully one or two will work for a lot of people. And yes, I think LF was added because of his familiarity to HBO viewers (and of course, he is the ultimate player).

Archived