This news worries me greatly.

julandro

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/cult-british-teen-drama-shocks-the-americans-2191258.html

PTC association has denounced the series "Skins USA"

These American Puritans were offended by the language of the series. That exaggerated!

This is my concern. It turns out that Daenerys Targaryen is a character who is under 18 years and have sex scenes. How will they react to the series "A Game of Thrones"?

It is true that HBO is a private channel, but you may get some kind of pressure. Right? :(

I doubt it. HBO has had plenty of sex in their shows before and haven't heard anything about them being pressured to not to. My understanding was being a premium channel gives them more freedom in that regard and that's one of the main reasons why HBO was really the best choice for this series. Hopefully someone who knows more details about this will chime in.

Nah. HBO shows almost always have plenty of content that upset the holier-than-thou groups, nothing ever comes of it though. I think they don't even try anymore, not for any of the premium cable channels.

I think this is nothing to worry about. As you said, HBO is a private channel, the only people they take notice of are their subscribers. If the HBO subscribers would react negatively to Daenerys being under 18 and having sex then there could be a problem ,but somehow I don't see that happening.

http://www.independe...ns-2191258.html

PTC association has denounced the series "Skins USA"

These American Puritans were offended by the language of the series. That exaggerated!

This is my concern. It turns out that Daenerys Targaryen is a character who is under 18 years and have sex scenes. How will they react to the series "A Game of Thrones"?

It is true that HBO is a private channel, but you may get some kind of pressure. Right? :(

I would guess that it probably won't get any direct pressure. Having risque content on HBO is nothing new. It is not a basic cable channel, unlike MTV, nor is it a channel or a show marketed toward teens, unlike Skins. Also, it's fantasy, not supposed to represent anything close to 'real life'. The Wire was much more like a 'real life' drama and the kids on there went through some pretty horrific stuff and it still lasted for 5 seasons and was not toned down. I wouldn't worry-- HBO tends not to listen to anyone who could be described as Puritan when doing its programming and I doubt they plan to start.

Yeah, HBO is quite different from MTV. Not an issue. Note, also, that the Skins actors are between 15 and 19, where 18 is the minimum age for sexualized nudity in general. That won't be a problem for GoT, where no one under 18 is due to be naked anyways.

Have you watched any of HBOs other programming? GoT, as violent and sexed up as it is, will be fine.

During the last season of True Blood (HBOs most popular program since the Sopranos), a guy staked another guy through the heart in the middle of gay intercourse, and another dude ripped out a newscaster's spinal cord on live television.

Game of Thrones will be fine.

Archived