Opportunities to cast non-white actors

spikebrennan

They haven't made the mongo...err dothraki Mongolians so I don't know about making other areas other ethnicities.

Besides whether it would be right or wrong also to consider is difficulty of finding so many Chinese, black, etc... extras. Just look to stargate where they had that Chinese themed go'auld, only his head guy was oriental, most of his jaffa were standard white extras. And Vancouever is a bit more diverse than Belfast and Malta.

So overall- individual characters, yes. Areas-no.

Hope they get a hot eurasian lady for the red lady.

They haven't made the mongo...err dothraki Mongolians so I don't know about making other areas other ethnicities.

Besides whether it would be right or wrong also to consider is difficulty of finding so many Chinese, black, etc... extras. Just look to stargate where they had that Chinese themed go'auld, only his head guy was oriental, most of his jaffa were standard white extras. And Vancouever is a bit more diverse than Belfast and Malta.

So overall- individual characters, yes. Areas-no.

Hope they get a hot eurasian lady for the red lady.

There's a good amount of people of Asian decent in Ireland. But yes, they may have a problem finding ethnically diverse extras in Belfast (probably not as much an issue in Malta), although they are there. I had a friend who was (black) Jamaican decent, but grew up in Northern Ireland. She had a very large family and they all were Jamaican/Irish. From what I recall, there was a pretty significant community of Jamaican Irish in the Belfast area.

I know that the casting companies put out calls, too, if they want more of a particular "look" of person to come in. I imagine they'd be able to find enough for what they're looking for for the filming in NI (casting through NI and RoI, and maybe GB too). Filming elsewhere might be more difficult, but probably not totally impossible.

Archived