How do you want Cersei to die?

crispy

I'm surprised no one mentions Cersei's orders to kill all of Robert's bastards. I actually find that her most despicable act, although it doesn't take center stage as much as some of her more recent enormities. As for how she should die... send her north to be one of Lord Bran's smallfolk. She'll never last out the winter.

I'm surprised no one mentions Cersei's orders to kill all of Robert's bastards. I actually find that her most despicable act, although it doesn't take center stage as much as some of her more recent enormities. As for how she should die... send her north to be one of Lord Bran's smallfolk. She'll never last out the winter.

This.

Can't stand her and the moment she went after Lady=my epiphany. I just don't think she's capable of love, and her affection for Joffrey and Jaime seemed tied up with 2 things: power, and their resemblance to her. Which basically makes her an incredible narcissist.

I agree with whoever said they started loathing her in Feast, precisely because she proved to be so arrogant and ultimately, shortsighted. She was literally blinded by a taste of power, to the point where she dismissed the people she could actually count on: Jaime and Kevan. I remember shaking my head in complete disbelief several times, especially re Falyse and then the Faith.

I think a crucial difference between her and LF is simply this: he doesn't make things personal. Granted, his obsession with Cat and the Tullys and Riverrun exists; granted, he aspires to be extremely powerful and to finally get the respect and due that he was denied as a youth (which is personal of course). But he doesn't let these personal ambitions and feelings influence his actions. They're at the heart of him (his true motive, perhaps), but he operates with such precise, ruthless and impersonal efficiency. I can't imagine LF giving in to rage or irritation, and doing something because he imagines he's been insulted. He wouldn't give Falyse to Qyburn; he'd know immediately that he could use her to try and oust Bronn. (I remember reading that bit and feeling Cersei was simply too irritated and impatient to do anything sensible, and I was stunned not just at her casual cruelty, but at her idiocy.)

LF wouldn't let an arsehole boy behead the head of a powerful family. And he certainly wouldn't be fooled by a clever old Septon, partially due to his own impatience and arrogance, and arm the Faith. Even the murder of Lady seems to be more about Cersei getting her own back (on a child) and demonstrating her power to Ned, than any act of diabolical cleverness.

Wow, that's a lot of tl;dr. To get to the actual topic, I'd love for either Sansa, or Tyrion to do it. I'd want a triumphant, powerful S/T to return, and make Cersei beg for her life. Bitch. (Though I have a feeling she wouldn't ever beg).

Alternately, I'd want the Faith to behead her, while Jaime attends to matters of real importance.

I don't see how anyone can actually like Cersei as a character. A pov, sure as crashes are beautiful to watch from the sidelines.

But as a character?

She's foul to a level i can't even comprehend, and the lack of remorse about any of her treasonous actions and the consequences of them leave me in ghastly awe.

Her rage when Stannis exposed the truth about the lineage of her children was insane to me, especially since its the cold hard truth. The pure hypocrisy of that moment is outlined in my memory.

Her inability to see what others can in regards to her own son, is especially grating when you have the contrast of Catelyn Stark and her sons/daughters.

And i dislike LF.

But he never came across as evil as Cersei did.

Self serving, treasonous? Sure.

But not a black boil of evil like Cersei does.

He never hides behind delusions, and she can't seem to remove them from her eyelids.

She was never intending to be faithful to Robert OR Rhaegar.

Not when she begged Jaime to come to court with her.

A great lords daughter being elevated to queen, and she still can't compromise for the sake of the honor being given.

Her selfishness caused the war of the five kings and led to the death of the best king of the bunch...Robb.

I dont want her to die..Rather just grow old and seeing how all that she has tried to accieve fail, seeing her replaced by someone younger and more beatiful would be fitting (as has been foretold)..

Cersei is my fav character, the only reason for it is that without her schemeing, ASOIAF wouldn't have happened! But since all of the posters are bloodthirsty, I would want her to die by the methods of the torture of the blue bard, and the traditional Bolton torture, then drowned in salt water by the Greyjoys, then left beyond the wall naked, and all of this will be under King Tomnon's orders. How'd you like that, even how impossible that may sound?

I'm thinking an elegant fulfillment of prophecy will involve the High Septon torturing her until Jaime arrives, fights his way to her through the armed faithful, and finds her to be in such a horrid state that he is compelled to kill her as an act of mercy.

I would prefer the embarrassing trial in which all her terrible acts are brought to light, but I'd follow it up with Jaime, while fighting as her champion, throwing his sword in desperation at his foe, only to see it wind up lodged in Cercei.

I would like her to die by Bronn's hand. The same way I would like to see all the other characters to die. Thats right, I want to series to end by Bronn killing everyone.

Mr Martin, if you are a baller - do it.

HAhahaha... I like Bronn very much also, but I don't wanna see he killing every one, just doing something really amazing, and important in the end (like he and his free swords win a battle against the others).

HAhahaha... I like Bronn very much also, but I don't wanna see he killing every one, just doing something really amazing, and important in the end (like he and his free swords win a battle against the others).

Something really amazing = killing every main character.

From lowly sellsword to bringing all of Westeros to its knees. He walks in the shadow of The Stranger, bane to Gods old and new, bringer of the apocalypse and yet the savior of all men - Bronn, King of the 7 kingdoms.

Long live the King.

I find the way she causally, without a second thought, gave a sobbing Falyse over to Qyburn to do ghastly experiments on one of the most particularly cold hearted and chilling acts of the series. What did Falyse ever do to Cersei to deserve such a terrible fate? The poor woman came to Cersei for help.

I just got to that in a re-read last night :(

Qyburn wil give jaime a new hand through his "experiments" and jaime will later choke cersei to death

My version of this is Qyburn will have necro-transplanted Jaime's severed hand onto

FrankenGregor then somehow/someway even though he/it is her champion FrankenGregor will turn on Cersei and strangler her with her brother's hand. Proving Maggie the Frog correct.

Well, not to be a spoilsport, but has it not already been prophecised how Cersei dies? By the old maegi when Cersei was young.

The maegi foretold quite a few things that we know to have come true, and what is left is something like: Her children will die, a Queen younger and more beautiful (Dany?) will come and take everything she holds dear (power?), and then the Valonqar will wrap his hands around her neck and strangle her.

I believe the valonqar was mentioned to be valyrian for "brother", which I took to mean Tyrion, but it could mean Jaime as well.

Although Tyrion does seem to be on his way to be included into Dany's court, through Magister Illyrio in the ADWD chapter.

Archived