How do you want Cersei to die?

crispy

Jaime decides he has to kill her for some reason or another, so he sets off to do so (meanwhile she's gone completely mad from the Faith's torturing, or at least, madder than she already was). He gets there, and he realizes he can't do it, she's still his sister and he still loves her. What he doesn't know is that Brienne's been following him this whole time, to kill him for Caitlin. She arrives on the scene, and see's Cersei about to kill Jaime, panics, and lunges after Cersei with her sword. But right as she's about to do that, Cersei falls down with a knife in her back. Standing there is Arya.

(That's my ultimate wish fulfillment answer anyway.)

Man, that was almost perfect. The best part would be if the High Septon removes his mask and it turns out he was Ned this entire time. And then "Jaime" takes off his mask and he turns out to be Syrio Forel! And then it's revealed that Eddard and Syrio set up the entire series to defeat Cersei and teach Arya a lesson about being more ladylike as her mother would like. And then Eddard laughs, and then Syrio laughs, then Arya laughs, and every body lived happily ever after.

I mean, I'd probably throw the book into the trash and never read anything by this author again, but it would be funny as Hell.

According to Maggy the frog, she outlives her children...which, even though both are bastards, makes me feel sorry for Myrcella and Tommen.

I also wonder if it is Dany (who is more beautiful than Cersei) whom Maggy the Frog means when she tells Cersei that this even more beautiful woman will take everything away from her. Something about turning to ashes in her mouth...dragon fire?

I also wonder if it is Dany (who is more beautiful than Cersei) whom Maggy the Frog means when she tells Cersei that this even more beautiful woman will take everything away from her. Something about turning to ashes in her mouth...dragon fire?

Most people expect Danny to be the one.

Against that, there is the fact that she probably wasn't involved with the loss of Joffrey.

Something that Sansa certainly was and that maybe Margaery was as well. The impression I get is that Sansa is prettier than Cersei. Maybe Margaery is as well (there are some disagreements on that).

I would like to see Cersei commit suicide rather than face a humiliating trial and public execution. I think it fits her character.

Someone above said that Petyr had Joff killed to sow chaos. Others stated that Petyr tried to keep things impersonal as opposed to Cersei's style. The way I interpret it is that Petyr killed Joff to sow enough chaos to get Sansa out of the city and under his thumb. I think this is all deeply personal to Littlefinger, at least now that he has Sansa. It is also creepy as hell. Sansa will probably be the one to end up killing him.

Of old age.

Warm and safe in her bed, surrounded by her children and grandchildren, all powerful, and in the arms of a much younger man who looks like Jaime but even hotter.

What? Everyones always complaining about predictability... and you've got to admit that this particular ending is not what ANYONE is expecting.

Of old age.

Warm and safe in her bed, surrounded by her children and grandchildren, all powerful, and in the arms of a much younger man who looks like Jaime but even hotter.

What? Everyones always complaining about predictability... and you've got to admit that this particular ending is not what ANYONE is expecting.

True. It would also be horrible.

True. It would also be horrible.

No, it would make Martin a baller.

Any ridiculously unexpected ending will make Martin a baller.

For example, I would scream in awe and amazement if Martin decided to kill every single current POV in DWD.

Then I would make a shrine out of the books because no author has ever had the balls to kill all his main characters in a single swoop.

No, it would make Martin a baller.Any ridiculously unexpected ending will make Martin a baller.For example, I would scream in awe and amazement if Martin decided to kill every single current POV in DWD.Then I would make a shrine out of the books because no author has ever had the balls to kill all his main characters in a single swoop.

I'd just stop reading.

Most people expect Danny to be the one.

Against that, there is the fact that she probably wasn't involved with the loss of Joffrey.

Something that Sansa certainly was and that maybe Margaery was as well. The impression I get is that Sansa is prettier than Cersei. Maybe Margaery is as well (there are some disagreements on that).

There is a part of one of the books (Clash of Kings?) where Cersei sizes up Sansa and decides she is beautiful but not as beautiful as herself. Margery is considered pretty but not like Sansa or Cersei. Dany has been described as beautiful beyond measure in the books. I'd have no problem if it were Sansa but Dany seems like the leading candidate so far.

There is a part of one of the books (Clash of Kings?) where Cersei sizes up Sansa and decides she is beautiful but not as beautiful as herself. Margery is considered pretty but not like Sansa or Cersei.

Considered by whom?

Cersei of course doesn't want to think Sansa is more beautiful. The fact that she even compares basically means that Cersei feels threatened by Sansa's beauty, IMHO. And Sansa is still a little girl at that time ...

You know, "asking" Cersei who in the land is the fairest of all, well, she has no Magical Mirror of Objectivity. Cersei will probably lie to herself while looking Snow White in the eye.

Dany has been described as beautiful beyond measure in the books.

Is she? It's been years since I read the books, and I probably forgot, is she really described that way?

I'd have no problem if it were Sansa but Dany seems like the leading candidate so far.

Maybe she is. But not because she is even more beautiful (which I'm not sure to be a fact). Sansa is probably already more beautiful than Cersei even from Cersei's perspective, _if_ she was honest to herself. I remember Margaery to be beautiful enough too to "outrank" Cersei nowadays. They all pass that test.

Sansa, on the other hand, is no queen. Dany and Marge are.

Is she? It's been years since I read the books, and I probably forgot, is she really described that way?

Not "beyond measure" but I think Euron calls her "the most beautiful woman in the world". It's a common sentiment though, although I feel like it's because of her power rather than because of her actual looks (although she does have that Targaryen exoticness going on).

Well, Sansa could be Queen in the North, if Bran and Rickon are never heard from again. Theoretically anyway, since there doesn't seem much practical relevance or use for that title at present, after the fall of Winterfell and Robb. But I'd say the title is still important, since that was 1 reason for Tyrion's marriage with Sansa.

Anasazi, I would think it a ridiculous cop-out if GRMM killed every single POV. There's being gutsy, and there's been completely OTT for the sake of shock value. And I'd say he's already proven a willingness for offing more characters than one would have expected initially (at least, more than I expected).

I'd just like to point out that Cersei never compared herself against Sansa, or if she did, we were not in her head at the time. She compared herself against Margaery during her wedding to Tommen in AFFC.

That being said, I'd love to see Sansa as the younger, more beautiful queen who will bring Cersei down.

I'd just like to point out that Cersei never compared herself against Sansa, or if she did, we were not in her head at the time. She compared herself against Margaery during her wedding to Tommen in AFFC.

That being said, I'd love to see Sansa as the younger, more beautiful queen who will bring Cersei down.

Didn't Cersei compare herself to Sansa when they were all locked in that room while Stannis was laying seige to Kings Landing? I am almost positive she did.

Didn't Cersei compare herself to Sansa when they were all locked in that room while Stannis was laying seige to Kings Landing? I am almost positive she did.

Do you have a quote? The only thing I remember is that she was making fun of Sansa for believing in true knights, giving her advice on how to make people fear her when she became queen, and telling her how much it sucks to be a woman and that being queen doesn't make up for it.

Not "beyond measure" but I think Euron calls her "the most beautiful woman in the world". It's a common sentiment though, although I feel like it's because of her power rather than because of her actual looks (although she does have that Targaryen exoticness going on).

I recall that quite differently (but, as mentioned before, I'm probably wrong). First, it's not that Daenerys is described that way in the book, which, in my opinion, must be done from a PoV character. Second, Euron has never seen Daenerys. Third, he didn't state a fact but rather something like "people say ..." and he adds something to the effect of: I don't care at all how she looks like.

Well, Sansa could be Queen in the North, if Bran and Rickon are never heard from again. Theoretically anyway, since there doesn't seem much practical relevance or use for that title at present, after the fall of Winterfell and Robb. But I'd say the title is still important, since that was 1 reason for Tyrion's marriage with Sansa.

There is no Kingdom of the North anymore. Hence no queen. Sansa is important because she can be used as the heir of Winterfell. Of course, maybe there will be a Queen of the North some time in the future. And maybe Qyburn will do a little plastic surgery on Cercei and they will all fail?

Do you have a quote? The only thing I remember is that she was making fun of Sansa for believing in true knights, giving her advice on how to make people fear her when she became queen, and telling her how much it sucks to be a woman and that being queen doesn't make up for it.

I don't have a quote or anything. I am reading the books again for the 3rd time now and I am not up to that part.... :read:

Archived