Soccer XXVI

Renasko

Tottenham are closing in on a £30m deal for Villarreal striker Guiseppe Rossi.

The LMA are right in wanting to end this transfer window.

Doesn't seem to happen. I want a striker! :( Though I am happy Spurs are not spending money, at least not that kind of money, on someone like Carroll.

Hmm, Inter have announced the signing of Nagatomo on their website. It's a loan swap deal with Cesana for Santon. Odd. Anyone know more about this?

I have to agree with Alcibiades : the Premier League has lost its mind.

There's a few hours left, yet!

Chelsea, for example, are re-trying with Luiz. Seems close to being done.

can any set of fans ever have been as happy to sell their star player as newcastle right now? 35 million? he is worth 20 at a push. unless we get relegated in which case 35 mill will seem like a pittance. shola, the pressure is on (that is a scary thought).

I fucking hate fat Mike Ashley. Imbecilic cockney geezer gambler wanker.

Why the hell do we need Ireland? Why did we sign a crocked Ben Arfa who's done nothing to prove his worth? Why keep that clown Steven Taylor?

Pardew, you should be ashamed of your promises.

I am disgusted. I don't give a damn about the money, we've no one to spend it on. What does it say about our ambitions as a club.

Enraged.

Luis deal looks done. Torres in. Get in, good window. Sturridge moving saddens me though.

Carrol wanted to go, Liverpool offered silly money, what else could Ashley do? Newcastle will be fine anyway. Big SHOLA will keep them up. Of course if they did happen to go down, this'll be awful awful awful, don't see it though.

Wait, are Liverpool getting him as part of the Torres deal? That'd be a sweet little steal. Sturride and Carroll are two of England's best prospects up front.

Nope, thank god. He's heading to Bolton. But apparently it's just on loan, so eh.

I have inside information that Dundee United have stolen Fernando Torres from under Chelsea's nose with a late £65M bid.

I have also heard that webuyanyplayer.com has crashed because Neil Lennon was clicking refresh too much.

£35 million for Carroll, that's fucking ridiculous. I don't suppose they had much choice with hours to spare though.

I don't really blame Torres for wanting to leave and I'd have had no problems with him leaving in the summer but he's screwed us over by trying to force it through at this late stage in the transfer window. He's dead to me now. :crying:

I don't really understand the logic of Chelsea paying £50 million for him either, striker is probably the position they've got the least problems with. :dunno:

£35 million for Carroll, that's fucking ridiculous. I don't suppose they had much choice with hours to spare though.

I don't really blame Torres for wanting to leave and I'd have had no problems with him leaving in the summer but he's screwed us over by trying to force it through at this late stage in the transfer window. He's dead to me now. :crying:

I don't really understand the logic of Chelsea paying £50 million for him either, striker is probably the position they've got the least problems with. :dunno:

January window doesn't make much sense, normally. And with the deals done late, it suddenly becomes seller's market.

Oh, and I'll agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment that paying £35 million for Carroll is ridiculous.

Archived