Why do I find so many of you Creepy?

Sekhmet

Oh, we have Dany's "bad" (maybe} wig. Oh, we have eyebrowgate. Oh Hodor is too young/old. Oh, Ned is too old. Oh, this and that and that! Oh, Dinklage is too handsome.

So sorry, but this is all kind of tiresome!

Feel free to reign on me! Please, especially Juliandro.

Guess you fanboys all had a view that cannot be changed. I have a view too. But I can be flexible. What's wrong with that? So, the Dothraki may not be in my view? It's going to be OK with me. I can be flexible to see my favorite book come to life. Is that so bad???????

Criticism and personal preference aren't whining. I may disagree with the complaints about certain things, and may have my own complaints about others that few share, but those opinions are just as valid as those of the production.

I may be perfectly happy to have a bright red Veyron appear in my driveway tomorrow, but I would prefer a black one, and that preference doesn't not matter just because the red one is perfectly fantastic anyways.

Well, you know. Normally I do ignore the nitpiks, but they just keep on coming. Guess that one too many "personal preferences" pushed me over today. No, it's not North Korea. I'd just like to hear something positive from the crowd.

Maybe, "Maisie Williams is going to be fantastic, especially playing off Sean Bean." Or, "I'm not crazy about Dany's wig, but Clarke's acting is going to blow us away.:

I'd just like those reactions to overtake the nitpiks for once. :thumbsup:

Or perhaps to have the nitpikers balance out their posts. Like, I'm not crazy about this, but I'm thrilled with that! Just so tired of "this has me worried" over 4 seconds of a teaser.

I guess that was "rain on me". I was having an insomniac moment.

Since no-one has seen the show yet, there is nothing to do but nit-pick the few screengrabs we've seen. How would we know "Maisie Williams is going to be fantastic, especially playing off Sean Bean."? We have absolutely no way of telling.

Lots of comments here are positive, mostly "X character looks just like I imagined", but there's not far to go from there in terms of discussion.

Plus this whole subforum is dedicated to talking about the show, and if we don't have any new info to talk about, we're forced to talk about what's out there. There is little enough of it at present, so people start to nitpick.

Every time a new trailer comes out there is overwhelming positive support for the show.

Yes. Nearly everything has been positively received. A lot of the unpopular things turned out not to be true at all.

Although, I don't expect the nitpicking to stop when the show airs. There are bound to be a lot of very positive remarks but its inevitable that there will be "is anyone else bothered by x" posts or "wasn't y taller/darker/whiter/shorter/uglier/prettier in the books" posts. Better prepare ourselves. :)

I think the majority of people are happy and excited about the show. I know I am! The ones who have found something to be annoyed by though are the ones more likely to post about it to commiserate with follow posters. The ones who are simply just happy, they aren't quite as likely to be motivated enough to post about it.

I've read the nitpick threads though, and while I sometimes really disagreed with them, I really do think even among the most vocal of them, the majority are still really looking forward to the show. If the show is as well acted and put together over all as it seems to be, small details that were less an perfect will be forgiven by most of them I'd imagine.

I have mentioned some things in those threads that I didn't care for, but it definitely means I'm no less excited, and I really feel confident that I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the show.

Oh, we have Dany's "bad" (maybe} wig. Oh, we have eyebrowgate. Oh Hodor is too young/old. Oh, Ned is too old. Oh, this and that and that! Oh, Dinklage is too handsome.

Feel free to reign on me! Please, especially Julandro.

Guess you fanboys all had a view that cannot be changed. I have a view too. But I can be flexible. What's wrong with that? So, the Dothraki may not be in my view? It's going to be OK with me. I can be flexible to see my favorite book come to life. Is that so bad???????

There wouldn't be any point to the board if we all just agreed how awesome the show was going to be - that's HBO Marketing dept's job. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those who cares about eyebrowgate etc., but complaining about people complaining about things seems a bit hypocritical. If you feel that strongly, just do your bit to counteract quibblers by making positive comments on the 4 seconds of trailer we've seen. It won't be any more justified than the nitpicks, but as you say, it will be more positive. And it won't involve tarring an entire forum with accusations of being mostly negative towards the show.

My one physicality nitpick would be: why the heck can't they have purple contact lenses in Dany and Viserys? It's the simplest little thing and it makes for a striking differentiation of those characters as being not your run of the mill humans. I'm hoping they will do it digitally in the fininished.

Otherwise physical appearance is all about getting the best actor for the job first and worrying about looks second. The best actor for the job usually has physical limitations to it but ability to act is paramount. Having a dwarf play a dwarf (for instance) isn't even essential: cue the 6'1" John Rhys-Davies who played a dwarf in LOTR.

But I wouldn't say people's gripes or complaints make them creepy.

the majority are still really looking forward to the show.

I'll go farther. I think every single person who has taken the time to come post in this subforum is incredibly excited for the show and is going to love it. Whatever they say. Even if every single comment they make is nitpicking. I mean it, everyone here is very pumped :cheers:

1. The internet has given everyone a voice. And everyone has chosen to use that voice to bitch about movies.

2. Asking for reason in a consequence-free environment is like asking a fat kid not to eat all your cake.

3. If we weren't bitching, we'd have nothing to talk about. :P

Your not alone Sekhmet, I too (gasp!) am flexible. I love love love the novels, but I'm not nuts about changes. I understand how these things work in film, and accept it. HBO is the best visual interpretation we could ever have... I'm satisfied. :cheers:

Archived