BWB Norcal IV + I =5

So the last topic ended.

Sorry we won't have the Maester and Ms and the baby. Who's in, who's out? I would love dinner and cocktails. I'll drive this if we have a group or I can sit quietly and let someone else do it.

hi boiled leather :)

I'm in! It's been one of those morning at work, where I'm already ready for a drink, ha. Friday can't come soon enough...

I'm also happy to do whatever needs doing - checking places for reservations/making reservations/arranging bart pickups, etc. I can start checking several places and see what has open reservations for this friday? Where should we eat?

Hope that everyone else can make it too...!

hi boiled leather :)

I'm in! It's been one of those morning at work, where I'm already ready for a drink, ha. Friday can't come soon enough...

I'm also happy to do whatever needs doing - checking places for reservations/making reservations/arranging bart pickups, etc. I can start checking several places and see what has open reservations for this friday? Where should we eat?

Hope that everyone else can make it too...!

ok. if its not a late night, The Redwoman will be coerced.

Kat?

AG?

Bronn?

Lodey?

JonT

ScubaSteve?

others?

Personally, I'd nudge towards NorthBeach as The Redwoman never met pasta she didn't like.

of course, a road trip comes to mine This place is great for tastings and noshes:

Greetings from Vincent Arroyo Winery!

It's that time of year again...

WE EAGERLY INTRODUCE...

2008 "NAMELESS"

"Nameless" made its debut during the barrel tasting event in February of 2005 and has since developed quite a loyal following. The 2008 "Nameless" is an easy drinking wine with vibrant fruit flavors followed by a pleasingly smooth finish.

62% Merlot; 38% Cabernet Sauvignon

WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO JOIN US FOR OUR...

Barrel Sampling Event

Saturday, February 26, 2011

No reservations required

10:00 am to 3:00 pm

A great opportunity to taste the 2009 wines still in the barrel!

2361 GREENWOOD AVE, CALISTOGA, CA 94515

707/942-6995 * vincentarroyo.com

[email protected]

Fax 707/942-0895

Aw well, I was about to reply that I could do this Friday, but if that's no longer happening... I'll just wait to see what y'all are doing, since I'm just some random guy with an unpredictable schedule.

About the first two weekends in March: the second weekend is FOGcon, which I can imagine some people here might be interested in.

So funny...I met a friend for drinks tonight at a winebar(Amelie - custom flight of 3 wines for $10!), and she was talking about the Vincent Arroyo Barrel tasting :)

I'm all up for wine tastings, FOGCons (although that membership price is a wee bit steep), and anything else that involves getting together and making merriment.

That being said - lemme know when you guys are meeting up, and I'll very likely be there!

Oh, and I live in la mission, so if anyone has any impromptu meals/drinks there - lemme know if you'd like some company/recs!

:fencing:

Oops, I totally forgot to check this, glad nothing's happening on Friday because I was going to say I can't make it. Maybe next Friday?

FOGcon sounds kind of interesting, although I don't think I have any spare money for cons right now. I approve of this invention, though, since it's actually in the city which makes it far more likely that I'll attend compared to the inconveniently-located BayCon.

I have an embarrassing confession to make, which is that despite living nearly my entire life here and spending a fair amount of time in Sonoma County, I've never actually been to a wine tasting. I'm afraid that my palate is unsophisticated and I can't be trusted to behave myself at that sort of thing. Remember when I poured out the bottom of the wine bottle at that one restaurant in North Beach, bl? What's worse, the fact that I did that, or the fact that I couldn't actually tell? <_<

I have an embarrassing confession to make, which is that despite living nearly my entire life here and spending a fair amount of time in Sonoma County, I've never actually been to a wine tasting. I'm afraid that my palate is unsophisticated and I can't be trusted to behave myself at that sort of thing. Remember when I poured out the bottom of the wine bottle at that one restaurant in North Beach, bl? What's worse, the fact that I did that, or the fact that I couldn't actually tell? <_<

You are the exact sort of person for whom an event like Barrel Tasting was invented. You try a bunch of stuff. And it is really pretty easy. You either like it or you don't. And if you don't, it doesn't matter if Robert Parker or Boiled Leather or Bronn Stone says it is the best thing since whatever the best thing before sliced bread was, it isn't for you. Barrel Tasting involves LOTS of chances to try things without worrying about prices. It works for the wineries because it turns what would otherwise be a dead pair of weekends into a big revenue generator.

Remember when I poured out the bottom of the wine bottle at that one restaurant in North Beach, bl? What's worse, the fact that I did that, or the fact that I couldn't actually tell? <_<

Relax. I drank a punch bowl of jungle juice. It could be worse.

And we'll never let you live that down, right? So see what I'm worried about? :P

Live it down?

I R a hero!

(But seriously, my pants never left my buttcheeks at a BwB event; you have no idea what an accomplishment this was. Actually, I think I kissed Bazz on the lips to one-up the ladies that hugged him when we left him. That's how I roll, and some morons think me kissing a big strong man on the lips might mean I'm possibly gay. But I digress.)

Ah - I don't think I can make it on the 26th either. Participating in a dodge ball game at the house of air. Still not sure if that was a smart move on my part...

I'm around this coming Friday, if others are up for doing something then?

Archived