top ten characters you want to see die

my watch begins

Here is my list. I understand it will stand out alot from other lists, but hey that's diversion. :)

1. Littlefinger

2. Bran Stark

3. Jon Snow

4. Rickon Stark

5. Arya Stark

6. Ramsay Bolton

7. Euron Greyjoy

8. Lady Stoneheart

9. Brynden Tully

10. Qyburn

1- Cersei

2- Gregor (for good), killed by a combination of Sansa and Sandor (remember the prophecy?)

3- Ramsay Bolton

4- Roose Bolton

5- Walder Frey (the original one, after he sees his whole family destroyed)

6- Theon Greyjoy

7- Theon's uncle (the evil one)

8- Littlefingers

9- Catelyn (but in a nice way, after achieving her objectives and resting in peace)

10- Daenerys (nothing against her, just curious of how this will happen - can't see her as the ruler)

1. Dany. It would be unpredictable, and hilarious. I'd like to see one of her dragons eat her.

2. Littlefinger. Sansa should kill him.

3. Jon. Don't care how it happens, just so long as it happens.

4. Stannis. And I want him to realize his folly and apologize to Davos before being killed.

5. Asha Greyjoy. One too many greyjoys.

6. Gendry. The little bastard bugs me. Have some random adult slay him for his near constant rudeness.

7. Lady Stoneheart. Just to put her out of her misery.

8. Melisandre. She needs to sacrifice herself to her god, pronto.

9. Qyburn. This guy's a total creep. When you're sadism creeps out Cersei Lanister, you know you're in trouble.

10. Tyrion. I want him to have a little reunion with Tysha... with unexpected results. Assuming that Tysha= the sailor's wife (as I've always assumed) I hope the scene goes a little something like this:

Tysha is screwing some random client. Tyrion walks in.

Tyrion: Tysha!

Tysha: Oh, hey. Howyadoin? (walks over to Tyrion.)

Tyrion: But Tysha... I thought you loved me!

Tysha grabs Tyrion by the shoulders, leading him to the edge of the window of the 10 story building they're in.

Tysha: Tyrion, Tyrion... there's no need for tears! I've only loved one man in my life!

Tyrion: (Blubbering) Oh, oh Tyyyshaa, really?!

Tysha: Yes. Only DAERON!!!! Shove.

(Tyrion goes flyin' out the window.)

Bye bye imp!

1. Walder Frey

2. His family/minions

3. Jon: I find him duller than death.

4. Melisandre: I hope she gets roasted by Rh'llor. I find preaching SO BORING.

5. Roose Bolton: I'll never get over Robb.

6. Lady Stoneheart

7. Cersei: she's way down on my list and I almost don't want her to die, but I'll still feel satisfied when it happens. Because of Lady. Poor, sweet Lady. A much bigger transgression in my books than Robert, Falyse, Tyrion, Mikah etc.

8. Illyrio: just because his coloured beard irks me.

9. Qyburn: he makes my skin crawl. I want him to be mutilated beyond recognition (and coherence).

Thing is, most characters I really wanted dead are dead. Joffrey, Viserys, Tywin...

Besides, some characters are hateful but so damned intriguing, you don't want them to go. I'm looking at you, Petyr.

Walder Frey, Gregor (the sooner the better, I'm afraid that if UnGregor is made a Kingsguard, Tommen is going to die in Aegon-Elia-Oberyn fashion), Boltons, Theon, Euron and Victarion Greyjoys, Littlefinger, Qyburn, Boros Blount. It also would be nice if the Bloody Mummers and Gregor's men were all dead by the end of the series. Raff the Sweetling, Dunsen, Zollo, Urswyck, etc.

1. Roose Bolton - nothing worse than a traitor

2. Walder Frey - old bastard needs a visit from Shagga

3. Petyr Baelish - Sansa should open his lying throat

4. Robert Arryn - the most annoying little cunt in the series

5. Euron Greyjoy - creepy dude gives me the willies

6. Daenerys Targaryen - bratty little fool, terrible queen

7. Stannis Baratheon - Azor Ahai my ass

8. Jaime Lannister - useless cripple

9. Janos Slynt - shit disturber

10.Alliser Thorne - shit disturber

1. Dany. It would be unpredictable, and hilarious. I'd like to see one of her dragons eat her.

2. Littlefinger. Sansa should kill him.

3. Jon. Don't care how it happens, just so long as it happens.

4. Stannis. And I want him to realize his folly and apologize to Davos before being killed.

5. Asha Greyjoy. One too many greyjoys.

6. Gendry. The little bastard bugs me. Have some random adult slay him for his near constant rudeness.

7. Lady Stoneheart. Just to put her out of her misery.

8. Melisandre. She needs to sacrifice herself to her god, pronto.

9. Qyburn. This guy's a total creep. When you're sadism creeps out Cersei Lanister, you know you're in trouble.

10. Tyrion. I want him to have a little reunion with Tysha... with unexpected results. Assuming that Tysha= the sailor's wife (as I've always assumed) I hope the scene goes a little something like this:

Wow, nice list! I almost agree to it 100%.

Differences:

5. I would replace Asha with Aeron. His constant babbling about his drowned god annoys me. I'd like to see him drown for real. That would be properly ironic.

6. Gendry can live as far as I'm concerned and I would like him replaced with Roose Bolton. Shaggydog, Ghost, Summer and Nymeria should rip him to pieces. It's only fitting.

And I don't want Stannis to die, but I can't see him living, either.

Honestly my list is short. I want Littlefinger to die, and i want him to do it horribly(perhaps a bag of glass trick picked up from another author....)

I want Lady Stoneheart out of her misery, and i want Stannis' witch. Other than that, id like one or two of the main characters to live out the story.

Woah, you people are so bloody moral. Lets kill off the bad people. Humbug to that, say I. I want these people to die becuase i'm fucking fed up of reading about them. Long live Littlefinger! May Theon thrive and Cercei prosper! They're interesting. These guys on the other hand...

(but at least I don't have a whole ten. Maybe i'll think up a few more later.)

1 Gendry: WTF? How do people like him so much? Is it shades of Garion or something shining through? I appreciate the deconstruction, that here's our cute, tough, straight talking, diamond in the rough farmboy blacksmiths apprentice who is secretly king and it isn't really going anywhere. Ok, it was neat for a while, but it only works if he's actually not going anywhere. And with Arya. Ugh. How precious those two are. Enough already. I'll toss in Hot Pie here as well, as the whole Arya-as-Peter Pan and them as her Lost Boys really isn't working well for me, partially becuase its a bit twee, and partially becuase her relashionships with them are tooth grindingly classist in a way the series is usually not so forgiving of as it is here.

2. Sandor Clegane: Hes just never been all that interesting, and I think dying by Aryas neglect by the side of a road someplace is a fitting end for the fellow. Ok, ok, he can live out a life of meaningful contemplation over of magic born again island. Whatever, so long as I don't have to read about his manly, damaged angst anymore.

3. Gregor: Yeah, hes evil, but hes not really entertaining, is he? A bit cartoonish, and fulfilling a useful function in the story, but now he's more or less dead i'd be delighted if he stayed that way.

3. Jorah Mormont - Ewwww, is all I can say about this guy. Yucky older sexual assault guy, sheesh. He isn't interesting in himself and the conflicts he raises in Dany's POV aren't interesting either. She never should have placed any trust in him in the first place, since he was never actually on her side and its not like its a real betrayal or anything. She was just manipulated and needs to get over it, cause he was always a jerk - he's just a jerk that started wanting to bone her at some point.

4. Belwas - violent scatological eunuch comedy...um, not yay. Sorry, not my cup of tea and vaugely offensively orientalist too.

5. Taena Merryweather - Ok, without her we never would have gotten the least sexy girl on girl scene ever written by a man, fair enough. There may be quibbles about the execution, but I genuinely admire GRRM for even trying. But in and of herself, shes a bit of a non-entity. Theres no question she's not really Cercei's, so theres not even the tension of wondering about her loyalties. Theres some vauge interest in who she is actually working for, but she just fits into a character trope so perfectly - ambitious scheming foreign go getting wife - that theres not a lot of room for any nuance or depth. (I can sort of justify it by noting that Cercei is nuts and so not really paying attention and that she has to be an obvious trope so that we, the reader, would immediately know not to trust her and marvel at Cercei's idiocy for doing so, but it still dosen't make me want to read more about her unless she gains a layer or two.)

6. Tristifer Botley - I dunno. He seems harmless enough, I just think hes a bit annoying and not actually interesting at all, and the last thing I want for Asha is to have him hanging over her head, removing precious word count by dealing with him from her dealing with with politics and piracy and whatever. I have a vauge sense that eventually the way she treats him is going to trip her up badly (He'll be a murderous jealous ex who can't let go or something) and its not an angle I want to see Asha challenged from, both becuase its annoying in a gender sense, and becuase he himself is so endlessly blah.

1. Brienne

2. Davos

3. Loras

4. Gregor

5. Sandor

well, actually, I don't want to see them dying. I just want them to be dead, just as they should be! Cliffhanger or not, if nobody ever falls down, what's the point?

6. Arya

No, not dead or dying, just permanently blind. Reason: see above.

That would be a really great solution to the previous cliffhangers. Oh, and just in case:

7. Ned

8. Renly

9. Jeor

10. Joffrey

Archived