Videogames

Nakkie

I loved Demon Souls, definatly one of my top 2-3 games on the PS3. I played throughout the game mostly in soul mode. Mainly due to 2 factors. 1. Died a lot. 2. Was horrible at PVP. I got demolished so much during an invasion I just started to run around as a soul.

There was one time, I can't rememer the level, but its a stair case with the dragon kinda standing over the door and shooting fire. Anyway once you get to the doorway you can stand under the dragon and shoot it and kill it. I can't remember exactly but I know I was doing this with the lowest level magic bolt type spell(soul arrow maybe) which was taking forever. I saw the guy who invaded me coming at me, but he stopped and waited for me to kill the dragon before destroying me. It seemed like it took forever, but I thought that was cool of this guy.

That sounds like level 1-2. Its a fun one, final boss is a giant golem thing, right?

That sounds like level 1-2. Its a fun one, final boss is a giant golem thing, right?

Nope that would be the Blue dragon in 1-4, just before you fight black phantom Ostravia, followed soon after by the False King Allant fight.

AFAIK the only way to take out the red dragon in 1-2 is using bow and arrow at the castle end of the middle segment, using manual aiming, takes about 150 arrows unless you've got a tricked out bow, and some good arrows. Is there another way? In 1-1 if you shoot the red dragon while it's lounging around it eventually buggers off so you can't finish the job.

I guess Fiddler was spoiling for a fight, because he could just have not killed the dragon at that point and gone forward with the remainder of the level leaving the invader to try their luck and run the dragon fire gauntlet.

I got invaded one time by a mage. I used all my thiefs stealth and magic ability to hide down a dark alley, laying in wait for the black phantom mage. I stepped out on them to swipe at her with my crescent Falchion and died immediately. I just can't figure out what spell was used to kill me. I just heard a zap and I was flung back to the start of the level. Managed to recover my souls thankfully. It was level 1-3, with all those annoying cartwheeling assassins, though I had taken them out before the BP arrived.

Somehow I don't think Dark Souls is gonna be quite the same. I know it won't have World Tendancies, so some of the nuance of Demon's Souls is lost right there.

On Dragon Age. I guess trying to get your freak on with Alistair is a bit tricky if you decide to side with the templars in the Circle tower mission, which then forces you to choose between killing Arl Eamon's son of using Blood magic and killing the Arlessa. Neither of which gets any approval from Alastair. Why am I trying to romance whiney Al? Why for the trophy of course. I guess I'll just have to settle on getting the Zevran romance trophy this play through. I was so hoping to have Alistair slum it with a Dust Town dwarf, I guess city Elf is the next best thing. Bugger having to kill off Wynne, She's pretty handy dealing with Flemeth. Now I'm mageless for that fight...not good planning killing off Wynne when your own character isn't a mage. Shoulda thought that one through.

I dislike the World Tendency system anyway. Too easy to fuck it up and not be able to do some things.

Mostly because the fact that your world tendancy is the average of everyone who's online. If you play off line then managing World tendancy is no problem. Kill the boss demon --> PWWT, don't die there in body form, and don't kill any "good" NPCs it'll stay that way forever. Do all the PWWT events, then go die a couple of times in body form (I ended up with a ton of Stones of Ephemeral Eyes so moving into body form at will wasn't much of an issue for most of the game) and move it to black for soul farming.

It's actually the managing of my character's soul tendancy that I found phreakin' impossible. Once I'd knocked off a "good" NPC I just couldn't get my soul back to white, so I have no idea how to get the friend's ring off the Monumental. But I ain't black enough for whatisname to come along and get me to do some assassinations and earn the foe's ring. Gonna have a bitch of a time getting the collect all rings trophy, and those are the only 2 rings I still need to get.

I nuked the red dragon in 1-2 with Soul Arrow. Didn't take that long. So yeah, there's another way. I forget precisely how I did it, but I believe it involved an auto aim feature and just kinda chilling for a few minutes. Could get off one or two Soul Arrows a time. No manual aiming needed.

Archived