Exercise and Fitness Thread

Stego

I am a huge fan of gloves. I got mine at Target, in the sporting goods section. Sports Authority has some nicer gloves, for a higher price. But my Target gloves do the job for me ;)

I actually ended up buying some from Target yesterday :) Tried them out today, and even with the gloves my skin is still peeling off. I can't even really grip anything now since a few of the wounds are right where my finger joints bend. I guess I must just have overly delicate skin.

I actually ended up buying some from Target yesterday :) Tried them out today, and even with the gloves my skin is still peeling off. I can't even really grip anything now since a few of the wounds are right where my finger joints bend. I guess I must just have overly delicate skin.

Gloves? Really? Buy a pedegg for your hands and some New-Skin (http://www.amazon.com/New-Skin-First-Antiseptic-Liquid-Bandage/dp/B0017JOF86) for your open wounds. You don't need no fucking gloves.

Things I discovered at gymnastics tonight:

If you don't have a good block (flight from the pop by your shoulders after you hit the vault), make sure your hands hit pretty far up the vault table. Landing with your back half on the table probably promotes upper back flexibility, but it's less good for breathing.

Half On vaults are so much fun! And they really make you concentrate on shooting up and getting your hips over your shoulders, which feels great when you get it!

Handstand pirouettes get a lot better when you realize there's no comfortable way to bail onto the side of your ribs.

Finding something on the wall behind you to look at when flipping makes standing back handsprings much neater and more powerful.

More of life should be spent upside down.

Joined LA Boxing.

I've been moderately working out for years now, but just to give my upper body some definition. Almost exclusively workout my chest, biceps, and triceps. I had and currently have a gym membership, but it's too cold to make it out there regularly, so I'm waiting for warmer weather. In the meantime, I have the weights to do what I need, at home. When I did go to the gym, I would throw in some exercises for other muscle groups - to let my main concentration points rest, while I'm waiting for a spot, or if the desired weight(s) are being used.

So, now with the LA Boxing thing. First night went well (last Friday), it was more of a cardio workout than anything - with some combos thrown in. Wasn't really sore or anything afterward. Monday's class... a bit of a different story. It was a kickboxing workout, and there was little else besides combinations. I'm not sure if it's a normal thing, and just something I need to get through, but I seem to have overdone things with my right hand while doing jabs (yes, I'm left handed), and now it's hurting to fully extend it. I believe tonight is another kickboxing class, so it should be more of the same thing.

Any advice for me, regarding how to proceed with things? Should I just go through the motions, and give my arm a break? Hooks I can do without a problem, but in the beginning almost everything starts of with a jab. Who knows though, maybe after stretching, and warming up, I won't feel a thing.

Other than that, it's going really well (other than a few misplaced kicks). Should really help in building up my stamina for soccer in the spring and summer.

Any advice for me, regarding how to proceed with things? Should I just go through the motions, and give my arm a break? Hooks I can do without a problem, but in the beginning almost everything starts of with a jab. Who knows though, maybe after stretching, and warming up, I won't feel a thing.

Don't extend your elbow on your jabs.

Don't extend your elbow on your jabs.

I probably look like an idiot sitting in my office and throwing slightly bent jabs at my monitor. That actually did help though, and I'm not feeling much pain when I twist my arm to get my fist into position. We'll see how well it does in practice.

I probably look like an idiot sitting in my office and throwing slightly bent jabs at my monitor. That actually did help though, and I'm not feeling much pain when I twist my arm to get my fist into position. We'll see how well it does in practice.

I've hyper-extended my elbow throwing strikes at air before. It just takes some time to heal. Whenever you start a new program and start doing new movements, you are bound to get aches and pains.

I've never been to a gym where you can put your own music on the stereo so you are on your own here.

its a work gym, there is a stereo in there which you can stick stuff on.

its not big but it has everything you need. there is never more than 4 people in there and often i'm in there by myself. i have a few cd's there but this tube just walked in and plugged him mp3 player in.

its a work gym, there is a stereo in there which you can stick stuff on.

its not big but it has everything you need. there is never more than 4 people in there and often i'm in there by myself. i have a few cd's there but this tube just walked in and plugged him mp3 player in.

Is the person who changed the music your boss? If so, deal with it. On work premises, he/she is your boss. Suffer in silence.

If it is a coworker, smack them the fuck down verbally. (Unless they will smack you down physically. In which case, pretend they are your boss and suffer in silence.)

But honestly, they have this new thing called Ipods. It's a personal music player no one can change on you. Check it out.

But honestly, they have this new thing called Ipods. It's a personal music player no one can change on you. Check it out.

I can't chance walking into a gym, and hearing their music selection. I've regretted the few times I had to remove my ear buds and heard what was playing in the gym. So yeah... what he said, get an MP3 player!

I can't chance walking into a gym, and hearing their music selection. I've regretted the few times I had to remove my ear buds and heard what was playing in the gym. So yeah... what he said, get an MP3 player!

i can't wear headphones in the gym, i sweat like a motherfucker and they get gross.

i can't wear headphones in the gym, i sweat like a motherfucker and they get gross.

No one on the planet sweats more than me. NO ONE ON THE PLANET. I ring out my shirts after a workout. EVERY DAY. (And I have a shaved head, so no hair protecting my ears from sweat.) Use in-the-ear headphones. They make tons of sweat proof models.

This is a ridiculous excuse.

Archived