Exercise and Fitness Thread

Stego

in the interests of science and grossness i did an experiment to see how much i sweated in the gym. weighed myself naked before session, then again after. ensured i drank exactly 3 litres (3 kilo's) of water which i deducted at the end. didn't use the toilet at all during.

i weighed a kilo less at the end of my session (4 kilos total when water consumed included) the session was 2 hours (75 mins cardio, 45 mins weights, high reps lowish weights) can anybody see any problems with my methodology or would that give me a decent guestimate of how much i sweat?

i did some research as i thought this sounded like a lot but apprently it is at the outside of the normal paramaters for this length and intensity of exercise.

if any of you just barfed i apologise profusely.

in the interests of science and grossness i did an experiment to see how much i sweated in the gym. weighed myself naked before session, then again after. ensured i drank exactly 3 litres (3 kilo's) of water which i deducted at the end. didn't use the toilet at all during.

i weighed a kilo less at the end of my session (4 kilos total when water consumed included) the session was 2 hours (75 mins cardio, 45 mins weights, high reps lowish weights) can anybody see any problems with my methodology or would that give me a decent guestimate of how much i sweat?

i did some research as i thought this sounded like a lot but apprently it is at the outside of the normal paramaters for this length and intensity of exercise.

if any of you just barfed i apologise profusely.

Would it not also depend on how recently and how much you last ate? I don't really know how it all works.

After a few weeks now all my working out is paying off, just have to make sure I keep it regular and work that bit harder. Also the fitness is getting up there, still managed to do a decent run despite going through a fluey phase last week.

Nak got me onto some good techniques for my back but I cannot remember the name of it off the top of my head. It has you on your back with your feet planted on the ground and you palms also on the ground but facing your feet and pushing your body up into an arc. Hurting quite a bit from those babies.

1. All other Board members should purchase ass padding. Stat. There's something in the electrons, here.

2. They gave you Percoset? 'Fer real? All I've ever had for a broken bone is "take two Tylenol, and take more when it hurts". Except for the pelvis, but that was a long time ago, and I was on crutches. They almost had to pin it. Thank god they didn't, or I can imagine the strip search from the TSA.

1. Do squats and build your own!

2. As someone with a lot of metal in their back, I can tell you that it can be annoying. Mostly it is stuff that doesn't set off metal detectors, though.

ETA: I'm sick from con crud, so I may miss some workouts this week. :(

the website where I usually update my workout log is down, so I'm posting mine here to remind myself to update when the site comes back on

front squat: 2x3 @ 150 lbs, 1x3 @ 155 lbs

arnold press: 3x3 @ 32.5 lbs

lunges: 3x3 @ 120 lbs

shoulder raises: 3x3 @ 10 lbs

I was sick yesterday, but felt WONDERFUL today. So I figured I would go to my globo gym before crossfit and get some bench pressing in. (As it was a part of the workout I missed yesterday. And anyway, folks think I am just showing off when I bench press at my box. Fuckers. I think they are showing off when they walk across the room on their hands. I'm digressing.)

So I did a few sets. Got a nice little burn. I haven't lost much on my press, despite not doing it as often in the past couple of months. 405 was still pretty easy, though it hurt my wrists more than I am used to.

Anyway, I went from there to the box, where our skill/strength work was on a 2 minute row @ 20RPM. Long power strokes. I was ready to pass out by the end of the fourth set. I felt like I had done a WOD.

Then, of course, we had the WOD. Which was 5 rounds of a reasonably heavy deadlift (275) for 7 reps and then 10 burpees for time.

I feel absolutely horrible and wonderful all at the same time. (Oh, 8 long minutes exactly. My cardio is similar to that of a Biggest Loser competitor on day 3.)

I dropped a weighted overhead squat bar on my head tonight. Thinking about going to the hospital to get it checked out.

Ouchie.

One of the few things even I would take seriously (I'm pretty lazy/dumb regarding getting injuries looked at and treated). MRI for possible brain trauma.

Archived