Dumbest Facebook Statuses, 2

MinDonner

Alright people, there ARE people who ARE acutally nice (cough cough ME) anyways, sometimes people actually give a POOP about your feelings/life bullshit like that and send you a stupid message about your vida, But if your going to act like a total pee pee hole, then suprise NICE people won't be nice to YOU. Gosh you piece of poopy meat!

Can't really tell if she's being ironic with the "pee pee hole" and "piece of poopy meat" insults...I wanna say she isn't...

• 3 weeks later...

This one made me want to throw up:

Tough girls come from Texas. Sweet girls come from Florida. Prissy girls come from New York. Then there's them California girls. Fire and ice in our blood. We can ride four wheelers. Be a princess. Throw a punch. Ride the waves. Bake a cake. Fish with the boys. Love with a passion. And if we have an opinion, you bet you're gonna hear it.

--

I'm trying very, very hard to refrain from sharing my opinion that this is the stupidest thing I have read in, like, at least a day.

This one, from a different person, made me lol:

Maegen took lil' Matthew's sword away. Matthias responds with, "give it back you DEMOCRAT!" This statement was so awesome on so many levels, I will have to overlook the name-calling.

This is not dumb at all, but I'm posting this to give you folks an idea how the New Year revelries here can be really dumb and dangerous:

To my FB friends who own guns: please, please! do not fire them on New Year. if you know anyone else who own guns, tell them not to fire them. please, please !

One of my aunts (who I thankfully have not seen in 10+ years) always posts status's about smoking weed. A direct quote from her:"Wanna roll a blunt and get bkazzzed up,,,,,,,,,"

:rolleyes:

Maybe its just me, but I think your aunt sounds awesome.

This is not dumb at all, but I'm posting this to give you folks an idea how the New Year revelries here can be really dumb and dangerous:

To my FB friends who own guns: please, please! do not fire them on New Year. if you know anyone else who own guns, tell them not to fire them. please, please !

Every year there's a campaign to prevent this same phenomenon in, wait for it - Detroit. It's gone on for decades now and people have been injured and even killed by the bullets as they return to earth. People there just don't understand gravity at all.

ETA: [http://www.clickonde...index.html] Ring in the New Year

Double ETA: I'm getting closer, but if someone could refresh my memory on how to hard code a link I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Nowadays you have to use the little link widget, you can't just type the tags in, which is aggravating as hell. First type the text that you want to use as your link, then highlight it and click the Link button - you can paste the url into the box there.

Ooh, though I've just spotted a (new?) button on the toolbar, top left, which is "toggle editing mode" - haven't tried it yet but possibly it allows direct link coding? Seems a pain in the arse when it switches all the other options off though.

Double ETA: I'm getting closer, but if someone could refresh my memory on how to hard code a link I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
Ring in the New Year
[url="http://www.clickonde...index.html"] Ring in the New Year[/url]

Of course, the visual editor sucks if you want to copy paste your url directly, so either switch to editing mode, or use the "link" button and paste your url inside, while you have your word selected.

(The editing mode is aggravating as hell as well, since you cannot use any button at all there. Want to put a block of text inside quote tags, a word in bold or italic? Type the tags yourself. There are some accents and special characters problems as well, when posting or quoting, sometimes, heh.)

Every year there's a campaign to prevent this same phenomenon in, wait for it - Detroit. It's gone on for decades now and people have been injured and even killed by the bullets as they return to earth. People there just don't understand gravity at all.

This brings back memories of that one year when I was on NY duty and that meant waiting for body counts and the official number of people who've lost an eye (or eyes), limbs, or been wounded. Guns, gravity, and booze do not mix well at all.

• 1 month later...

Not dumb - actually quite fascinating, really - just an unexpected gem amid my mundane news feed, courtesy of Nightlife @ the California Academy of Sciences:

"Orangutans need to do "heavy thrusting" for 20-30 min in order to ejaculate."

I don't want to post any of these specifically, but I've had the strangest FB week where most of my FB friends seem to be in dire need of therapy. or a good bar. Everyone has been vaguebooking as if there is going to be a mass suicide soon. its a little disturbing.

This. I went to my friend's house in the evening a few weeks ago after working hours b/c she kept putting up vague depressing messages. Once I saw her, she told me about some minor things that ruined a succession of days.

I felt both a little silly and little miffed at being worried.

Archived