[Pre-ADwD Spoilers] Tyrion 1 - Spoilers for ADWD

Jon Targaryen

Reading it, do you suppose the statue Tyrion sees of the lithe blond boy with the sword was Illyrio back in the day? Illyrio does have blond hair.

Interesting that it was Braavos that imposed an anti-slavery law on Pentos 100 years before.

• 1 month later...
You’ve cut the quote – Illirio speaks about dragon with three heads but he definitely knows that they are three different peoples and he clearly implies it when he speaks about three heads in the next Tyrion’s chapter. So why would he in one place imply by dragon with three heads different people and on another place only Daenerys?

The three heads refer to Dany's dragons. The gentler, stronger, better claim refers to Dany.

whoa, one more hint that Tyrion may be Aerys's bastard, and not a true Lannister ...

I have often wondered about Tyrion's parentage because I have wondered if GRRM would allow him to commit patricide. Not that Tywin didn't deserve it. BTW, if Tyrion is not Tywin's son, can he still be the valonquar?

After reading the chapter on the web site it sounds illyrio knows who the three heads of the dragon are, and if he knows I'm guessing varys knows to. Sounds like that the mystery of who are the three heads will be revealed in ADWD, from reading the last quote from Illyrio he did not say dany had three dragons he said the dragon had three heads.

I don't think anyone KNOWS who the three heads are, although some may wish or guess.....

I have often wondered about Tyrion's parentage because I have wondered if GRRM would allow him to commit patricide. Not that Tywin didn't deserve it. BTW, if Tyrion is not Tywin's son, can he still be the valonquar?

Regardless of Tyrion's parentage, I always thought the valonquar would be Jaime anyway.

(That's it. I'm totally going to start that foundation for Westerosi paternal testing. I'm sick of all these "what ifs" and "buts".)

Regardless of Tyrion's parentage, I always thought the valonquar would be Jaime anyway.

(That's it. I'm totally going to start that foundation for Westerosi paternal testing. I'm sick of all these "what ifs" and "buts".)

I think both Tyrion and Jaimie are too obvious, unless it comes about in a way not expected. :) :) :)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Are you sure? I may have misread that part but it appears to me that Tyrion is clearly a *pure* Lannister - that's at least from what we learn in "A Feast for Crows" when Jaime talks with his aunt. If, and only IF I read this part correctly.

Well, doesn't matter all that much. :)

Very non-confrontational of you. You are right though, he is the diminutive Tywin..though a little more fun loving.

knightsking, on Jun 7 2008, 20.41, said:

After reading the chapter on the web site it sounds illyrio knows who the three heads of the dragon are, and if he knows I'm guessing varys knows to. Sounds like that the mystery of who are the three heads will be revealed in ADWD, from reading the last quote from Illyrio he did not say dany had three dragons he said the dragon had three heads.

This post just made me wonder, and this is a definite R+L=J thought, did Ned ever give the letter to Varys he was thinking about writing while in the cell after Robert's death? If so, could this letter have said that Rhaegar and Lyanna were Jon's real parents? And if that's true, is that the catalyst for Dany to go to the wall and meet Jon when she sails for Westeros?

That would be two heads right there, and the third could be a Blackfyre decendant, or the "Baby Aegon was switched theory" or Tyrion is Aerys bastard theory.

Oh maybe I'm just really hoping that Jon is one of the heads and Rhaegar's son as I always have and am twisting this info to my one liking...

Not commenting on the letter, but from the text here, I would say Illyrio thinks the three heads are Dany, Tyrion, Quentyn.

No idea if he is right. He MIGHT just think the three heads is something political that they can be chosen at whim and convenience, instead of being predestined.

*shrugs*

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking that Tyrion will become one of her lovers/husband.

Whereas I fear he'll become her fool. There's definitely lots of foreshadowing that points in that direction...

This post just made me wonder, and this is a definite R+L=J thought, did Ned ever give the letter to Varys he was thinking about writing while in the cell after Robert's death?

I think that the consensus in earlier discussion about that letter was that Ned didn't even bother to write it after Varys said he'd read it.

I really, really doubt that Dany would want Tyrion as a lover or husband, unless she was completely wasted and picked up a midget fetish.

Has anyone else reacted to Tyrion's personality in this chapter? He's become an unsympathetic, bitter jerk.

Well, can you blame him, after all that's happened? Perhaps seeing dragons, and possibly the opportunity to train them, will restore him to something more like his old self again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, can you blame him, after all that's happened? Perhaps seeing dragons, and possibly the opportunity to train them, will restore him to something more like his old self again.

I'm still rooting for the little rascal. Tywin had it coming. But I am not rooting for a Dany/Tyrion pairing -- doesn't seem true to either character. If Tyrion was going to get the fairy-tale girl, he would have ended up with Sansa. The best possible ending for Tyrion would be a reconciling with Tysha, but I don't think GRRM is that kind.

Whereas I fear he'll become her fool. There's definitely lots of foreshadowing that points in that direction...

God, I hope not. How cliche would it be if the clever dwarf became the fool dressed in motly. Ugh. I'm not saying your wrong, just that Martin will have to write the shit out of that development for me to like it.

I think that the consensus in earlier discussion about that letter was that Ned didn't even bother to write it after Varys said he'd read it.

Regardless, I don't believe the letter exists until evidence to the contrary. Somehow Jon will discover the truth, although the likeliest candidate is a conversation with or relayed through an intermediary with Howland Reed.

• 7 months later...

Archived